Code of Conduct

Default What other fragrances are there,in the style of Blenheim Bouquet?

What other fragrances are there,in the style of Blenheim Bouquet?

Similar vibe

Thaks
    Winter Signature: Chanel Anteus, Gucci Guilty Absolute,Fahrenheit Parfum, Dior Homme Parfum, Declaration Essence, Dunhill Icon, Spicebomb Extreme, Mancera Red Tobacco,

User of Toilet Water

Default Re: What other fragrances are there,in the style of Blenheim Bouquet?

Hard to find these days outside of France, but Dior's Granville is a, in my opinion, better version of the Penhaligon's. Granville is darker, more aromatic and much longer lasting, but very similar overall.
    Currently wearing: Worth pour Homme by Worth

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post

Similar vibe

Thaks
    None I hope.

Sorry, I really tried to like this one two or three times and I get nothing out of it at all. I mean zero scent. 30 seconds of lemon and then poof.

One of about three scents I will always rail against.

I know many find it a great classic.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post

Sorry, I really tried to like this one two or three times and I get nothing out of it at all.
    You're not alone.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

To my nose it's quite unique. It's an alright scent but not something that I'd gladly wear.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Try "Town & Country" by Crown Perfumery.
    Let your nose be your pilot

None!! It's great and wonderful, even better than Polo!!!

I never can get it when someone says they can't smell it or it goes away fast.... not that I am doubting StylinLA or Hednic... but I have put this on and had people ask "what is that, you smell good" as much as 10 or 12 hours later. And no, I don't use 20 sprays, usually two or maybe three. Just highlights the difference in noses and skin between us.

Back to your question, a few that are "like" but not at all identical to BB you might try:

Opus 1870 - another Penhaligon's. It has a lot of pepper and not much wood in it, but it has that similar citrus scent up front although blended with some rose. Coincidentally this is another I get very good longevity out of and have had a few people who seem to have similar tastes say they can't smell it at all or it's gone in half an hour.... weird.

Eau d'Hadrien - total citrus. It's smooth, but it doesn't really have as much non-citrus going on as BB to me, but the citrus is primary in both.

Bowling Green - a great cheap scent. Citrus overload with wood. There is some debate whether the vintage is better, and there is no doubt it is a little rougher around the edges. But for the price it's a great scent.

Back to BB - I have vintage, somewhat recent, and recent. Some people say you have to buy the vintage. I think the vintage does last a bit longer and probably projects more for a longer time. But if you're not looking to shake the room you enter, this is one I would not worry about spending the time or $ to look for vintage, the current one is fine and close enough to the same.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by woodnotes55 View Post
    I never can get it when someone says they can't smell it or it goes away fast.... not that I am doubting StylinLA or Hednic... but I have put this on and had people ask "what is that, you smell good" as much as 10 or 12 hours later. And no, I don't use 20 sprays, usually two or maybe three. Just highlights the difference in noses and skin between us.
    +1. I found Blenheim Bouquet to be surprisingly long lasting. And I'm a 3 to 4 spray guy.

Opus 1870 - another Penhaligon's. It has a lot of pepper and not much wood in it, but it has that similar citrus scent up front although blended with some rose. Coincidentally this is another I get very good longevity out of and have had a few people who seem to have similar tastes say they can't smell it at all or it's gone in half an hour.... weird.
    That's another one. It's VERY long lasting for me, and it's a scent that gets better and better as the hours pass. I really screwed up by not grabbing a bottle of Opus 1870 a few years ago, back when testers could be found for as little as $30. It's excellent - but you have to really like pepper. And rose. The rose is superb in this one! I don't get very much citrus though, and it doesn't remind me of Blenheim Bouquet. It's definitely one I'd recommend sampling for anybody who likes cedar, pepper, and rose.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    APOM
    Endymion
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Reflection Man
    Tabac Rouge
    Green Irish Tweed
    Interlude Man
    Aqua Universalis
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes
    Aqua Celestia
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    "Live in the moment. Never count on longevity." --Yeasayer
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

I know a lot of people quite like it and I don't doubt they experience it differently than me. BLENHEIM BOUQUET is a darling of many wet shavers and so in my early shaving forum days I tried it 3-4 times. I get nothing from it which is likely some sort of scent blindness to something in it. I have the same issue with AVENTUS. One half hour of smokey pineapple then "poof."
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    Hard to find these days outside of France, but Dior's Granville is a, in my opinion, better version of the Penhaligon's. Granville is darker, more aromatic and much longer lasting, but very similar overall.
    Yes!
    FREE AS THE WIND!

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

This. 100%.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Thanks !

After thinking and reviewing my collection I find that

Lalique Equus
    Hermes Rocabar

can be in the same rotation group for those of who like
    Blenheim Bouquet or the discontinued Guerlain Coriolan.

I find all of them something like an infusion of gin, herbs and some conifers or smooth resins air. All woody but light.

I think these two Equus and Rocabar are enough and I will try to keep them in my wardrobe.
    Winter Signature: Chanel Anteus, Gucci Guilty Absolute,Fahrenheit Parfum, Dior Homme Parfum, Declaration Essence, Dunhill Icon, Spicebomb Extreme, Mancera Red Tobacco,

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post

Similar vibe

Thaks
    Simple, refreshing, with citrus, black pepper and woods?

Phaedon - Black Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Sorry, I really tried to like this one two or three times and I get nothing out of it at all. I mean zero scent. 30 seconds of lemon and then poof.
    I get sharp lemon and oily camphorous lavender followed by pine*, pepper and woods.

Pine as in essential oil, not mixed with mint, fir, basil, rosemary, sage, artemisia, cypress and so on, as in many perfumes or household products.
    Currently wearing: Ja´pur Homme by Boucheron

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    Simple, refreshing, with citrus, black pepper and woods?

Phaedon - Black Vetiver

I get sharp lemon and oily camphorous lavender followed by pine*, pepper and woods.

Pine as in essential oil, not mixed with mint, fir, basil, rosemary, sage, artemisia, cypress and so on, as in many perfumes or household products.

Very interesting the notes and aroma, I will have to try it !

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Aqua di Selva by Victor (1949) is similar with the lemon and pine.
    Pino Silvestri by Vidal (1955) is similar with the pine and pepper.
    Avon Windjammer (1968) is a smoother take on the DNA.
    Ramon Monegal Umbra (2011) is the fancy niche version with chypre elements.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

Basenotes Plus

^ This!
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood
    Currently wearing: Miyako by Auphorie

This one happening to be a personal favorites, have gotten among the recommendations Cefiro by Floris.
    But also tending to second especially Opus 1870 and Pino Silvestre from the recommendations mentioned while also adding Horizon by Guy Laroche for a fresher ozonic variation, vintage Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar, vintage Worth PH and/or Sir Irisch Moos to a possible (re) testing list.