Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Male's 35-40, would you wear A&F Fierce?

I REALLY love how this smells after it's on clothing for a day, it's an iconic smell that I can never get out of my head, and it smells a good bit different than how it does on skin, which is what I really like about this, it also projects forever.

Don't say wear what you like please, trust me I do.. but since this fragrance projects so much it's unavoidable not to get attention when wearing it. This question is specifically for men my age who know how this one smells, and behaves.
    Currently wearing: Aura for Men by Jacomo

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Male's 35-40, would you wear A&F Fierce?

Hell yeah I'd wear this, and I'll be 40 this year.

I also wear:

Victoria Secret Very Sexy for Him (1999)
    Perry Ellis Portfolio (1999)
    Kenneth Cole New York Men (2002)
    Morgan de Toi Homme (2003)

and other fruity/ozonic/sharp "young millennial men" fragrances aimed at the MTV Total Request Live generation. We were robbed of a secure future by those who promised it would be there for us if we just pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps, so more than most we're perhaps entitled to hold onto our glory days.

Besides, at 15 years old itself, I don't think Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce Cologne is exactly for young guys anymore. They've moved on to Invictus/Aventus/Sauvage DNA fragrances, so anyone proudly projecting Fierce in 2021 is likely someone who has already been since launch when they were between 15 and 25. I still rock Tommy Hilfiger Cologne (1994) too.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

Personally I don't like that cologne. However fragrances have no age barrier. In other words ones age should never be a factor in what fragrance they choose. Whether one is 15, 35, 55 or 85 years old and everything in between, just wear what you like. So my answer is yes. I do know however that is probably not be the answer your looking for.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Hey, nothing wrong with something that projects well. I'd rather wear something with great projection than something with no projection.

However, I will not wear Fierce, especially if I could only wear a handful, because I think it's average, nothing special at all.
    Currently wearing: Boy Chanel by Chanel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Hell yeah I'd wear this, and I'll be 40 this year.

I also wear:

Victoria Secret Very Sexy for Him (1999)
    Perry Ellis Portfolio (1999)
    Kenneth Cole New York Men (2002)
    Morgan de Toi Homme (2003)

and other fruity/ozonic/sharp "young millennial men" fragrances aimed at the MTV Total Request Live generation. We were robbed of a secure future by those who promised it would be there for us if we just pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps, so more than most we're perhaps entitled to hold onto our glory days.

Besides, at 15 years old itself, I don't think Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce Cologne is exactly for young guys anymore. They've moved on to Invictus/Aventus/Sauvage DNA fragrances, so anyone proudly projecting Fierce in 2021 is likely someone who has already been since launch when they were between 15 and 25. I still rock Tommy Hilfiger Cologne (1994) too.
    Today, while at work somebody said to me.. "stop wearing teenager cologne"

Btw, TRL was life, Pop up Video wasn't too bad either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry2 View Post
    Personally I don't like that cologne. However fragrances have no age barrier. In other words ones age should never be a factor in what fragrance they choose. Whether one is 15, 35, 55 or 85 years old and everything in between, just wear what you like. So my answer is yes. I do know however that is probably not be the answer your looking for.
    While I agree, I also disagree. In a professional world, you need to be respectful of those around you, whether that means, not wearing too much of a fragrance, or not wearing something that disturbs others in general, or in this case something somewhat flamboyant like Fierce.

Making lasting impressions with important people is important if you take your career seriously, and wanna move up. If Fierce is gonna leave a bad taste in others mouths, then I should avoid it.

Then again, half the people on the internet don't actually have a job, so don't understand how to "be" a certain way when in a professional setting. Everything from your attitude, the way you talk, to the way you look and the way you smell.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post

That must be a person old enough to remember when Fierce WAS a teenager cologne, so I would have clapped back hard at them. Teens aren't wearing Fierce anymore than they're wearing Tommy. Who's showing their age more?

I did not even know there was such a thing as teenager cologne. It is the same nonsense as when some people say old mans or womans perfumes and colognes. There are no such things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Hey, nothing wrong with something that projects well. I'd rather wear something with great projection than something with no projection.

However, I will not wear Fierce, especially if I could only wear a handful, because I think it's average, nothing special at all.
    I felt the same for many years until I bought a bottle a few years ago. It really is a special fragrance, and I finally get why it has so many fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    That must be a person old enough to remember when Fierce WAS a teenager cologne, so I would have clapped back hard at them. Teens aren't wearing Fierce anymore than they're wearing Tommy. Who's showing their age more?
    I just don't know anyone who wears it anymore, that's why I turned to BN.

Basenotes Junkie

I’m 37 and rock it from time to time as well as AF Woods. Enjoy both. As others have said anyone who remembers Fierce as a teenager fragrance must have also been a teen when it came out (as I was). I don’t think that is a bad thing. No one says that about ADG and it was launched close to that time. Most teenagers right now are not rocking fragrances from the late 90’s.

While I agree, I also disagree. In a professional world, you need to be respectful of those around you, whether that means, not wearing too much of a fragrance, or not wearing something that disturbs others in general, or in this case something somewhat flamboyant like Fierce.

Making lasting impressions with important people is important if you take your career seriously, and wanna move up. If Fierce is gonna leave a bad taste in others mouths, then I should avoid it.

Then again, half the people on the internet don't actually have a job, so don't understand how to "be" a certain way when in a professional setting. Everything from your attitude, the way you talk, to the way you look and the way you smell.
    That's a very broad generalization ..... it sounds like you are extrapolating your experiences to make them speak for everyone else.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I just don't know anyone who wears it anymore, that's why I turned to BN.
    If Fierce was inexpensive and available at Wal-Mart (like Curve), I could see service industry guys wearing it. The only reason I catch young folks in stuff like Joop is because they can snag it for $20. As for "proper office fragrance", I think Prada has literally designed their entire men's range around delivering just that. Even the sport flankers smell "office-y". I like that vibe though.

Basenotes Plus

I'm 47. If I like something, I'll wear it.

Dependent

I'm not in this age bracket but I'll answer anyways - No.

Basenotes Plus

Im 35. No for me. Im probably in its original demo, but i poo pooed it then. Im less judgy now, but it still just smells to youthful for me to be super comfortable in. I might try it again someday. Maybe ill grow into it.
    I smell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    I'm 47. If I like something, I'll wear it.
    I think if someone tells you it's not appropriate, you wouldn't. At least I wouldn't, I try to be considerate of others.

I know to us fragheads it may seem unheard of for someone to tell us what to wear - but again, this isn't for leisure.

I know a guy on here who's a teacher, and has cut back drastically on his choices of frags for this exact reason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Im 35. No for me. Im probably in its original demo, but i poo pooed it then. Im less judgy now, but it still just smells to youthful for me to be super comfortable in. I might try it again someday. Maybe ill grow into it.
    It smells excellent, but it has a youthful vibe. But like others have said, some of it is because of how old I was when it came out. However, I don't remember much wearing it in my teens/early 20's, so I don't generally associate it with that. Just wanted to get other people's take who have experience with this frag, who are professionals in my age bracket.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    That's a very broad generalization ..... it sounds like you are extrapolating your experiences to make them speak for everyone else.
    I don't understand how being respectful of others around you is a broad generalization? I'm not going to the club, I work among physicians.

I don't understand how being respectful of others around you is a broad generalization? I'm not going to the club, I work among physicians.
    I completely agree, though that was precisely my point.

Basenotes Junkie

Not in the age bracket but I'll add that when I first tried Mont Blanc Legend the girl who sprayed it (appeared to be mid twenties - early thirties) said it smelled like "old man". But I'm not sure if it's the minor differences in Fierce & Legend or people's opinions in general that were responsible for the contrasting opinion. If the former, I feel like you could maybe identify why it smells "teenager" and find something similar that still satisfies what you like about it.

Banned

I'm 36. I got a bottle of this when I was 17 or 18 and wore it until I was probably 24 or 25. Loved it back then, but the fact that A&F started hosing down their stores with it like the Orkin man and you can smell it halfway down the mall made it significantly less appealing. It's Eau de Mall, along with cinnamon buns and pretzels. I wouldn't wear it anymore, but it was a banger for awhile

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d r e View Post
    Not in the age bracket but I'll add that when I first tried Mont Blanc Legend the girl who sprayed it (appeared to be mid twenties - early thirties) said it smelled like "old man". But I'm not sure if it's the minor differences in Fierce & Legend or people's opinions in general that were responsible for the contrasting opinion. If the former, I feel like you could maybe identify why it smells "teenager" and find something similar that still satisfies what you like about it.
    Other than the opening, personally don't see much similarity in the two. The dry down of Fierce is what's really iconic I think. It's the notorious smell that lingered in their stores for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by hanginglimbs View Post
    I'm 36. I got a bottle of this when I was 17 or 18 and wore it until I was probably 24 or 25. Loved it back then, but the fact that A&F started hosing down their stores with it like the Orkin man and you can smell it halfway down the mall made it significantly less appealing. It's Eau de Mall, along with cinnamon buns and pretzels. I wouldn't wear it anymore, but it was a banger for awhile
    Ya, that's another thing. That's why I wasn't wearing it for a while, but I just started again fairly recently.

31 year old here - I'd still wear it and not just for nostalgic reasons. I just really really like the stuff.

I agree with the OP too, I think the stuff smells better on clothes the day or two after. I don't think it smells great straight out the bottle or that good on skin. Skin seems to bring out its strong synthetic side. Also, straight out the bottle will "numb" your nose - olfactory fatigue at its finest!

In recent years I have gone with Mont Blanc Legend as it is cheaper and easier to come by. But the original red box Fierce is a fragrance that I will treasure in my memories forever.
    Please see my "wanted partials"
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

Incidentally being in this age group as well, would not have a problem with wearing Fierce and maybe also further A&F scents

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

When this stuff first came out, I was wowed by it. Loved it....until Abercrombie was literally everywhere! I got pretty sick of it. Nowadays, I would probably lean back into it again....but be careful with Fierce. It can carry and linger, as you already know. I'd just be ultra-aware of it's power.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

The thing is, well, before lockdown, the queues outside their stores seem to be filled with 'Anime' children and the smell of Fierce was pervading the air.

So, basically, No.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    31 year old here - I'd still wear it and not just for nostalgic reasons. I just really really like the stuff.

I agree with the OP too, I think the stuff smells better on clothes the day or two after. I don't think it smells great straight out the bottle or that good on skin. Skin seems to bring out its strong synthetic side. Also, straight out the bottle will "numb" your nose - olfactory fatigue at its finest!

In recent years I have gone with Mont Blanc Legend as it is cheaper and easier to come by. But the original red box Fierce is a fragrance that I will treasure in my memories forever.
    my exact thoughts it comes off very synthetic on skin maybe even with a plastic like odor. But after smell that lingers on clothing after, it’s so unbelievably good like it blows my mind every time.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    The thing is, well, before lockdown, the queues outside their stores seem to be filled with 'Anime' children and the smell of Fierce was pervading the air.

So, basically, No.
    What does this mean?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    What does this mean?
    I think he means that people who shop at A&F look like anime characters