Code of Conduct

Default Favorite "safe for work" fragrances?

Just trying to find a couple good options for work safe fragrances. By that I simply mean not too projecting. I currently wear Platinum Egoiste and Aigner Blue Emotion. I'm wanting to replace the PlatEgo with something less expensive to waste on the office environment.

Longevity is of the utmost importance to me, need it to last the 10 hour work day. And that may be why I have trouble finding something that works, because most lasting scents also seem to be accompanied by massive silage, but I really hope to avoid too much projection. I want something that I'll smell throughout the day, but that others, for the most part, won't, unless we're in close proximity.

Thoughts? Just something nice, clean and fresh maybe? Or woody? Really I'm open to almost anything you might suggest that fits this bill. Let's say at least a 2.5oz bottle under $40 would be what I consider reasonable to waste on work. Thanks a million all.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Favorite "safe for work" fragrances?

Perhaps Burberry London.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I think I had that one a long time ago. Might sample it again to verify the longevity.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

I don't mean to derail but you spend a major chunk of your day ar work. Why not wear something nice like your Platinum Egoiste?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Factory View Post
    Just trying to find a couple good options for work safe fragrances. By that I simply mean not too projecting. I currently wear Platinum Egoiste and Aigner Blue Emotion. I'm wanting to replace the PlatEgo with something less expensive to waste on the office environment.

Longevity is of the utmost importance to me, need it to last the 10 hour work day. And that may be why I have trouble finding something that works, because most lasting scents also seem to be accompanied by massive silage, but I really hope to avoid too much projection. I want something that I'll smell throughout the day, but that others, for the most part, won't, unless we're in close proximity.

Thoughts? Just something nice, clean and fresh maybe? Or woody? Really I'm open to almost anything you might suggest that fits this bill. Let's say at least a 2.5oz bottle under $40 would be what I consider reasonable to waste on work. Thanks a million all.
    Here are some suggestions, all long-lasting and within your budget -

Jaipur Homme
    Bogart Signature
    Aramis Havana
    Guerlain Homme EdP
    Le 3me Homme de Caron
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

At this moment, these come to my mind right off the bat:

Azzaro Pour Homme
    Givenchy Pour Homme
    Givenchy Gentlmen Only
    Bvlgari Man
    Bvlgari Man Extreme
    Hugo Boss Bottled
    Chanel Bleu de Chanel
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Prada Luna Rossa
    Prada Man/Amber
    Prada L'Homme
    Davidoff Adventure
    Dior Homme 2020
    Hermes Terre d'Hermes
    Montblanc Individuel
    Burberry Touch For Men
    Baldessarini Cologne
    Baldessarini Ultimate

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Old Factory View Post

You're correct, awesome longevity is usually accompanied by massive projection, which turns you into "cologne guy" at the office.

The key to getting a "safe" office scent to last is to spray some on you as well as your clothes. Hit the collar of your shirt a few times and body heat will keep it going steadily throughout the day without suffocating your co-workers.

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain

I’d recommend:

Guerlain Homme L’eau Boisée

De Bachmakov

No derailment at all, I've thought it through myself and asked the same question, the answer is that I just don't have the time to appreciate it at work and I want it to last longer. I'd rather my PE be something I wear maybe once every couple of weeks, rather than daily. I don't want to wear it out either. So you've got a great point, but to this point I've determined things as such.

That's a great suggestion! Thanks.

Maybe find a scent you love that lasts 5-6 hours and reapply at lunchtime?

Hard to find “10 hour staying power” and “safe for work” used in the same sentence

Emporio Armani He
    Armani Code EDT
    Burberry Touch +1
    CH Men
    Grey Vetiver
    L’Occitane L’Occitan and Vetyver
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: Chloé (new) by Chloé

You’re asking a forum of fragrance enthusiasts to suggest something more boring and more long-lasting than Platinum Egoiste... I think you have the wrong audience!

Bleu de Chanel, Sauvage and Beau de Jour might be worth a try, although they are all in the same ballpark price-wise. Azzaro pour Homme might be worth a try as an excellent classic fougere.

Guerlain homme
    guerlain vetiver
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

+1 on Prada L’Homme

Neither cologne-y nor intrusive. More like a clean high-end soap. My easy reach for the office. After all, the Cologne Guy and his harrowing trails is a real character, and a causation for water cooler whispers for some.
    Currently wearing: H24 by Hermès

I would recommend Grey Vetiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I don't mean to derail but you spend a major chunk of your day ar work. Why not wear something nice like your Platinum Egoiste?
    +1 I work 5 days a week I wear what I enjoy and makes me happy and the days pass by quickly.

I'd suggest Chanel Egoiste and Pour Monsieur as work scents.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Sous Le Vent by Guerlain

Burberry Touch +2
    Zegna Uomo is one of my favorite office scents as projection is modest and it rarely bothers anyone but it still enjoyable. It's a little traditional compared to the Chanel/sauvage etc new stuff. It seems to fade a bit after 8 hours or so but will make 10.
    One more, for the massive longevity as much as an office scent, Bulgari Eau Parfumee eau the Bleu. It's getting harder to find but price hasn't zoomed up. Two sprays will be there solid at the 12 hour mark.
    Currently wearing: Rose 31 by Le Labo

Basenotes Plus

Check out Frank No 2 from Frank Los Angeles. Grey Vetiver would definitely work as well.
    "Do not believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

When someone asks for office safe with strong longevity and moderate projection, Platinum Egoiste is one of my go-to's. I understand that its pricey though. I'll mention that Houbigant's Fougere Royale is a fantastic office safe scent, but its more expensive than PE.

Here's a few that check off all the boxes and are less pricey:
    Pasha (90s EDT not the new EDP)
    Safari
    New West
    Havana (go easy on the trigger for work - 2 or 3 max)
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Heritage (one less spray than Platinum Egoiste)
    Mugler Cologne (lasts 8 hours or so on me)
    Formerly known as BeardedBarbershopFan - Still have a beard and still a barbershop fan
    Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Life is too short to live it safely.

I'll wear nearly anything to an office environment that isnt downright obnoxious.

Equipage is a classy choice.
    My opinions in weblog form: FragranceReviewer.com
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Jo Malone “Oud & bergamot” very subtle but note noticeable at close range...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Also adding, apart from so many great suggestions already:

Azzaro pour Homme l'Eau
    Best of Chevignon
    Boucheron pour Homme EDP

Dependent

Guerlain Vetiver is cheap enough to not care about, and you'll smell masculine, professional, and clean every day.

Prada L’Homme or Elysium Parfum Homme
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

As mentioned, TF Beau de Jour

It is a wonderful, office friendly scent with 10 hour staying power

If you are a fan of the traditional Fougere, you have your huckleberry

Only need 2 sprays so don’t let the price deter you

Basenotes Institution

Rive Gauche

Eau d Hermes

original vetiver is not gonna offend anyone if it projects too far