Code of Conduct

Default Kilian Angel share all gone?

Hey guys, looks like Kilian Angel share is sold out everywhere!! Is it limited edition? Nobody has it on backorder!!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Kilian Angel share all gone?

It seems to be available on the Kilian French website:

https://www.bykilian.fr/en-e-FR/prod...rs#/sku/125687
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

If it's not on the Saks website, it's on backorder. It's been pretty constantly on back order according to my SA.

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated!?

In the UK only the decanter size is available. The 50ml is available from Killian direct in the UK. They were out of stock before Xmas but came back New Year.
    DONNA

Luckyscent is showing they should have it back in stock sometime this month.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I'm guessing sales were stronger than expected and Kilian got caught off guard- in a good way. Plus Covid logistics have probably interrupted supply chain.
    See lots of positive reviews on that one.

I don't think it's "gone" - just not in stock yet.

I've seen a handful of other scents go to "back order" status at Lucky Scent. (I spend too much time in there!)
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

The fragrance is extremely good to me, one of the best in the genre. No surprise it has become so popular.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

I thought it was meh. It reminded me of Cologne of the Missions Le Couvent Maison de Parfum.

Edit: I tried it again from the sample I had and my impression has changed. It actually smells a bit like Baccarat Rouge 540 to me, and I think that’s because of the mint/toothpaste aspect of the scent. It’s more tolerable to me than the Baccarat Rouge though, which I think is too sweet.
    Last edited by litworth; 17th January 2021 at 12:40 AM.

There's a few bottle on sites like ebay, mercari, and etsy but you run into some form of premium with those.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Not gone, just hyped into oblivion, so sold out many places. By Killan doesn't manufacture in numbers like a designer, so they probably were taken aback by influencer/YouTube bro hype.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Lomani by Lomani

Banned

Remember it was just the holiday season, so apple pie was all the rage

I got mine when it came out. Love the fragrance so is girls around me

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Not gone, just hyped into oblivion, so sold out many places. By Killan doesn't manufacture in numbers like a designer, so they probably were taken aback by influencer/YouTube bro hype.
    Think so? I think it was exactly planned as can be. What better way to draw attention and fear of missing out buys than to create an artificial lack of supply? Tell people there's none left when in reality there's a never ending supply, and they're clamor over each other to get it. Sure, Kilian doesn't manufacture bottles in quantities of Sauvage, but I see not reason to think they don't manufacture in quantities such as Kurkdjian, Malle, or Tom Ford's Private Blend, and those never run dry.

Basenotes Plus

Yeah, I’m a little surprised at the FOMO hype generated by Kilian Angel’s Share. But I do get its crowd-pleasing appeal with a sweet liquor-like boozy vibe.

Thats surprising! I personally prefer it as a candle/ environmental scent then a perfume.

In Germany all the Kilian fragrances are now available online at Parfumdreams (which belongs to Douglas and is probably the second biggest online seller here).

I was very surprised to see that.
    They don't offer many other niche brands but probably Kilian wants to go the same route like Parfums de Marly.

Then you can expect that your favorite fragrances will be watered down and/or changed in future, when the demand increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Yeah, I’m a little surprised at the FOMO hype generated by Kilian Angel’s Share. But I do get its crowd-pleasing appeal with a sweet liquor-like boozy vibe.
    When I smelled these two at Neiman's I thought the Roses on Ice was really nice, and an interesting perfume. Not surprised that Angel's Share is the one doing gangbusters though, as it was so unremarkable I can't remember what it smells of at all.

Bought mine at Nordstrom website with a loyalty credit a few days ago. US retail price is same as EU so Im happy.

Sound Scents

I finally got around to trying Angels’ Share and Roses on Ice from the Kilians duo sample pack.

Wearing each on separate arms and enjoying both. That said, Angels’ Share comes off as too similar to many others on the market for my taste. I am finding Roses on Ice the more compelling of the two with its refreshing mix of aquatics, cucumber and light rose.... maybe purchase worthy. It shouldn’t be any surprise that I like the latter, as it is composed by Frank Voelkl, and love most of his compositions.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Jasmin Antique (Rogue Perfumery)
    3) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie
    3) Giorgio V.I.P. Special Reserve (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie

5) Dia pour Homme vintage edt (Amouage)

6) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    7) Nombre Noir (Shiseido)
    8) Lucifer (Renaissance Fragrances) - tie
    8) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    8) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie

Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    When I smelled these two at Neiman's I thought the Roses on Ice was really nice, and an interesting perfume. Not surprised that Angel's Share is the one doing gangbusters though, as it was so unremarkable I can't remember what it smells of at all.
    I have the sample pack of the two. Roses on Ice is interesting for a bit, but I don't think it's anything I would want to wear.

Angels' Share is nice, but I don't think it's so nice that it should be sold out everywhere constantly.

I am confused where people are getting a mint toothpaste vibe from? I had a decant made for.me before lockdown here and got a boozy warm oriental.

Finally bought a.bottle.today direct from Kilian UK online 10% off a 7.5mls sample of something and extra normal samples.as.well.o
    DONNA