Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Cant get past the bottle design.

Electimuss

Dependent
    Blog Entries

There's a Lacoste Booster fragrance that looks like something you spray on plants. Then there's a Windex bottle-looking cologne. Those didn't age well IMO.

Grey Flannel looks far older than it should, and I think that helps bias people into considering it an "old man" fragrance. Actually, I got past the bottle and like the scent, but it took me a while. I wish they updated the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Funwithfrags View Post
    A common theme of reviews of CK1 Shock PH is that it could have been marketed very differently. The bottle is juvenile, and more mature packaging might have made a world of difference. Funny how so many people say that.
    I really hated that bottle at first, and agreed that it seems inappropriate for the kind of scent it is. But I'm starting to actually like it. It reminds me of a Monster Energy drink.

I don't really care for Tom Ford's presentation. There's something gloomy about it that I find off-putting and the large text on the label is kinda hideous, frankly like some weird Post-Modern apothecary. Could do without some of the sensationalist names too. I've smelled a few of them and they underwhelmed me to a point where I don't care to try further.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by gunmetal24 View Post
    Electimuss
    what ? I love those bottles

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by MuskyCat View Post
    I don't really care for Tom Ford's presentation. There's something gloomy about it that I find off-putting and the large text on the label is kinda hideous, frankly like some weird Post-Modern apothecary. Could do without some of the sensationalist names too. I've smelled a few of them and they underwhelmed me to a point where I don't care to try further.
    I actually love the look of his bottles.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    I actually love the look of his bottles.
    I love TF bottles as well, especially the skinny/tall style, such as TF Extreme and TF For Men.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MuskyCat View Post
    The regular line doesn't look bad, but now that you mention it, I do get that apothecary vibe. And while normally I like the occasional black and gold motif, with the entire line looking mostly like that, it's a little too much. I've seen a variation of the typical TF bottles that look like a rooke and a pawn chess piece, with white labels. THOSE look so much better, and I could get with the uniformity of those. The square ones though are just kind of boring and skew to being ancient-like.

I do love the Anthracite bottle. Looks like it smells, and a throwback to 80s sculpture/architecture. Ombre Leather is not bad.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I love TF bottles as well, especially the skinny/tall style, such as TF Extreme and TF For Men.
    I might actually like those two better than the private blend bottles.