Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default A noob on Egoiste vs Platinum Egoiste

Okay to the point .. Egoiste is disgusting feminine trash and PE is pure heavenly manly woody goodness!

Egoiste:. I don't know what anyone could possibly enjoy with this scent. I just put it on an my gag reflex resistance is kicking in overtime right now. Feminine is putting it politely. Floral? Oriental? Powder is the word I would use and that's what really disgusts me. It's like baby butt powder with some kind of floral and slight woody undertone, but the woodyness of it is soaked in dirty diaper. That's it, this smells like the changing room of 40 babies without the garbage having been dumped in a few days. I'm appalled! This is purely a grandma scent! Bought! Puke worthy, I'm going to scrub my arm of it now. Vile!

Platinum Egoiste: nothing needs be said really, it's woody and beautiful with fresh notes to tone down the woody masculinity nicely. A perfect blend of compliment. This is a top 10 for life fragrance without question!!!

Default Re: A noob on Egoiste vs Platinum Egoiste

Wow, lol Egoiste is excellent and is classy as they come IMO. Platinum Egoiste while nice I’ve throughly wore this one 65 times and it never fully grabbed me and performance is spotty. I would take Egoiste any day over PE, try Egoiste on clothing could be a skin issue because this one is 10/10 imo one of Chanel’s best fragrances.
    The finishing piece to my day’s attire is always a solid fragrance.
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

I already threw it away. No way I would ever attempt that disgusting hideous garbage again. That powder trash isn't a skin or chemistry thing, it's the fragrance itself. Female trash. Good riddance.

Ps... I also sprayed it straight into the air and on my fiance, all 3 smelled the same. Repulsive to put it as politely as I can and undeservingly so.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I would take Egoiste any day over PE, try Egoiste on clothing could be a skin issue because this one is 10/10 imo one of Chanel’s best fragrances.
    Not just one of Chanel's best fragrances but one of the best fragrances period.

Platinum Egoiste is boring and basic as hell, honestly.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Happen to own and enjoy both
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Old Factory View Post
    I already threw it away. No way I would ever attempt that disgusting hideous garbage again. That powder trash isn't a skin or chemistry thing, it's the fragrance itself. Female trash. Good riddance.

Ps... I also sprayed it straight into the air and on my fiance, all 3 smelled the same. Repulsive to put it as politely as I can and undeservingly so.
    download copy.jpg

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain

No accounting for taste, but you all have none as far as I'm concerned. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Not just one of Chanel's best fragrances but one of the best fragrances period.

Platinum Egoiste is boring and basic as hell, honestly.
    Yes, I love it too but what do we know? Evidently we've misunderstood and now we've been advised of the mistake we made.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cologne Cabinet View Post
    Mistake for those of you with no taste at all sure. But not for me. A $10 travel spray of something garbage that smells like baby poop is more than okay by me.

Dude calm down hahahahaha, Chanel is not in business because their fragrances suck fragrances are subjective and a matter of taste not enjoying a fragrance does not make it trash. Enjoy the fragrances you enjoy and accept the ones you don’t enjoy just aren’t for you physics of fragrances!

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Yes, I love it too but what do we know? Evidently we've misunderstood and now we've been advised of the mistake we made.
    It's not about know. Why you would try to make this a fact vs fiction thing is beyond me. It's a taste thing. A matter of opinions and personal taste. You may know the scent very well. But now so do I and I never want to know it again.

Dude calm down hahahahaha, Chanel is not in business because their fragrances suck fragrances are subjective and a matter of taste not enjoying a fragrance does not make it trash. Enjoy the fragrances you enjoy and accept the ones you don’t enjoy just aren’t for you physics of fragrances!
    No idea why you would think I'm not calm. Don't read into things. Assumptions aren't for intelligent people.

Dependent

Lol, chill out, express you opinion without attacking other members, unless you are looking to get banned.

Trolls are an unfortunate thing with the internet, no need for further conversation see ya!

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Lol, chill out, express you opinion without attacking other members, unless you are looking to get banned.
    Wild and baseless accusation. Show me anywhere I attacked anyone...

Trolls are an unfortunate thing with the internet, no need for further conversation see ya!
    I'm not allowed to be disgusted by a scent? I'm not allowed to express my disgust?

Egoiste is "far superior" to Platinum Egoiste. Give it a rest.

Who said that? I mean, personally I feel the exact opposite of that statement, but it's just personal taste regardless and not at all a negative thing to say.

Basenotes Plus

IMG_6809.jpg

Awwwww yeah here we go!!

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain

Basenotes Plus

....oops wrong thread. Carry on

― Mark Twain

Basenotes Plus

How do you really feel? Egoiste is a nice spicy cinnamon-like fragrance but not very masculine imho. Platinum is a very classy old school quality woody masculine fragrance imho.

Okay to the point .. Egoiste is disgusting feminine trash and PE is pure heavenly manly woody goodness!

Egoiste:. I don't know what anyone could possibly enjoy with this scent. I just put it on an my gag reflex resistance is kicking in overtime right now. Feminine is putting it politely. Floral? Oriental? Powder is the word I would use and that's what really disgusts me. It's like baby butt powder with some kind of floral and slight woody undertone, but the woodyness of it is soaked in dirty diaper. That's it, this smells like the changing room of 40 babies without the garbage having been dumped in a few days. I'm appalled! This is purely a grandma scent! Bought! Puke worthy, I'm going to scrub my arm of it now. Vile!

Platinum Egoiste: nothing needs be said really, it's woody and beautiful with fresh notes to tone down the woody masculinity nicely. A perfect blend of compliment. This is a top 10 for life fragrance without question!!!

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

No accounting for taste, but you all have none as far as I'm concerned. Lol
    Assuming every member of this forum has no taste (unless you meant something else by "you all"), is not the best way to introduce yourself.

Other than that, I see no issue with having a strong opinion for or against something. I've never had a gag reflex reaction to a scent I didn't like, but I have had many times where something was so harsh it took my breath away..
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

Basenotes Plus

I have purchased many bottles from samples I didn't initially like. Upon revisiting the sample, I found I actually did like it.

On the flip side, I have purchased things I loved initially that I now cannot stand.

This was one of the biggest surprises to me once I started to really get into fragrances.

I remember the first time smelling Dior Homme Intense and thinking "Jesus, this is straight baby powder". Now I love it and a lot of other fragrances with Iris.

I remember smelling Invictus and thinking how awesome it smelled only to give that bottle away because it was a total scrubber for me after 1 or 2 wearings.

As you become more experienced, your sense of smell becomes more refined and in turn you start to smell things you didn't before. You start to enjoy some complexity, maybe some oddball notes. But the main point is, you should give it some time. Don't throw anything away. Stash that shit and come back. I'm not saying they will all be winners but coming into this and smelling all kinds of stuff can be rather challenging and you may find down the road you like that "hot garbage".

In the world of fragrances, first impressions aren't always a true indication of whether you will like something.
    "Do not believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
    Currently wearing: Lonestar Memories by Tauer

Egoiste = masterpiece
    PE = ok but boring af
    Currently wearing: Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent

I tested both Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste once in a shop, so I could compare them directly. I didn't find Egoiste feminine but it seemed sour and not very pleasant compared to Platinum Egoiste.

Basenotes Institution

In the words of Toney T (a former and cool member), "C' Mon Man!"

The irony is that the original Egoiste's scent profile is exceedingly masculine in other parts of the world. But, again, I'm getting serious American Beauty vibes here .
    "No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    The irony is that the original Egoiste's scent profile is exceedingly masculine in other parts of the world.
    An excellent point.

― Mark Twain

People have said worse about my Dior Homme’s, you’re entitled to your opinion. I don’t doubt you.
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

PE sucks pretty bad IMO.

May have to give Egoiste a sample based on what seems to be universal love. People don't tend to throw around words like 'masterpiece' that often around here.
    Please see my "wanted partials"
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly