Code of Conduct

Default CHANEL Online Purchases?

Anyone have experience purchasing directly from CHANEL's website? Since prices are the same as stores and shipping is free, I'm thinking of ordering Allure Homme Sport and Blue de Chanel EDP. I'm wondering if they tend to ship newer or older inventory. I don't want to receive a bottle that's three years old etc... Would love to hear what people's experience has been like.

Default Re: CHANEL Online Purchases?

Every time I’ve ordered from them I’ve received recent batches of fragrances, they are fast to dispatch your order and shipping is quick 3-4 days usually. Their packaging is some of the best I’ve seen all around a excellent experience prefer it over in store purchases just based on the excellent customer service experience I’ve always received.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Missing Oakmoss

I've never had less than perfect service through Chanel's online store. Products are beautifully presented, carefully packed and shipped quickly. Customer service is excellent.

Highly recommended. Fast service, nice packaging. Only drawbacks: limited sample offerings, and the quality of packaging, while still nice, has decreased in the last year. My last Chanel.com order came with no samples at all, despite their offer of a few good ones. Instead of a nice interior box, my $200 buy was shipped in a glorified, flimsy envelope full of confetti. Shame, shame. A concurrent purchase from Dior.com, at less than half the spend, arrived in gorgeous packaging, complete with the samples that were offered.

Thank you for reminding me to send a note to Chanel about this.

My experience has always been first rate. Orders quickly processed and delivered in a package that makes you feel like a kid on Christmas morning. It's silly in way to gush about the packaging which usually gets tossed, but it always adds to the experience. I don't recall much about samples.

Bummed to see mrcologneguy note that his latest experience was not as good. Like so many businesses, they may have started cutting corners.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Missing Oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    ...My last Chanel.com order came with no samples at all, despite their offer of a few good ones. Instead of a nice interior box, my $200 buy was shipped in a glorified, flimsy envelope full of confetti. Shame, shame.
    Wow, I hate to hear this. I haven't purchased from Chanel in at least a year, and my order was packed in the usual beautiful and sturdy Chanel box, along with samples in a pretty embossed bag, receipt in an elegant black envelope, and everything nestled in a durable outer box. Sounds like they are looking for ways to save money in a manner that bites into their image.

Basenotes Plus

Short of having a good relationship with a local Chanel SA, buying from their website is your best option. I purchased Pour Monsieur edp from their site. It was nicely packaged and included three or four samples.
    Currently wearing: Nobile by Gucci

Sad to see the lapse in superior service. Chanel certainly can’t be that strapped for cash. I’ll write it off as a rare error, rather than evil accountants run amock. Chanel knows better.

The Dior packaging was breathtakingly beautiful by comparison. They got the samples offer right, too. At this level of price and presentation, it’s a bit of a competition. Dior won this round by a landslide.

Highly recommended. Fast service, nice packaging. Only drawbacks: limited sample offerings, and the quality of packaging, while still nice, has decreased in the last year. My last Chanel.com order came with no samples at all, despite their offer of a few good ones. Instead of a nice interior box, my $200 buy was shipped in a glorified, flimsy envelope full of confetti. Shame, shame. A concurrent purchase from Dior.com, at less than half the spend, arrived in gorgeous packaging, complete with the samples that were offered.

My last purchase what sent in a box but the presentation packaging inside resembled a Chanel purse of some sort tied closed with confetti inside. They must switch the inside packaging ever so often to keep it new and flashy, everything inside was in perfect condition but I can see how the $200+ bottles would not be protected as well in this style packaging.

Basenotes Plus

This was my experience with my recent purchase of Coromandel. Completely disappointing.
    Current Winter Favorites
    Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    Xerjoff Naxos
    MFK Oud Satin Mood Extrait
    Pure Distance M
    Nasomatto Black Afgano
    Dior Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'instant de Guerlain Extreme
    Clive Christian X Twist Tabac
    Xerjoff JTC More than Words
    Amouage Tribute Attar
    Tom Ford Black Orchid Parfum

I ordered from there in December, but paid extra for priority overnight shipping. Worth it since they ship all the way from Tennessee and I'm on the opposite end of the country (and I could afford it).

My bottle of Égoïste is a 2020 batch and the performance is excellent.
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGrain View Post
    I ordered from there in December, but paid extra for priority overnight shipping. Worth it since they ship all the way from Tennessee and I'm on the opposite end of the country (and I could afford it).

My bottle of Égoïste is a 2020 batch and the performance is excellent.
    Good to hear, I wanna get another bottle or two and mine is from 2015 or 2016 and I’ve enjoyed it every wearing.

Thank you everyone for the comments. Really helpful. I think I'll order directly with CHANEL and give it a try.

Yeah I agree that the service is absolutely top notch! Availability of samples might be limited around busy periods e.g. December, one time I had to re-add something to my basket because a selected sample was unavailable, but that isn't really a fault by them. Recently though I ordered a bottle of Pour Monsieur EdT (absolutely wonderful by the way) ahead of upcoming 2021/2022 regs, and it was beautifully packaged. Including the samples.

Say what you will about the pro/cons of grey market, and the business structures of conglomerates a la LVMH, but I admit that Chanel has never put a foot wrong with me.

All Is Beautiful

Super good experiences every time.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

In Italy it takes 5/ 8 days for the parcel to arrive and I live in the North, not so far from France! I wouldn't describe the service as top notch!
    FREE AS THE WIND!

Missing Oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    In Italy it takes 5/ 8 days for the parcel to arrive and I live in the North, not so far from France! I wouldn't describe the service as top notch!
    Maybe it's a mail routing issue, not originating within Chanel operations.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    I've never had less than perfect service through Chanel's online store.
    Likewise
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Just letting everyone know that I purchased a bottle of AHS directly from CHANEL. Really great service. I received it in two days. Nice packaging and the bottle was manufactured from 2020. I'll definitely purchase all of my CHANEL's going forward directly from them. Thank you everyone for the feedback.

My experience with Chanel online has been amazing. I dislike going into their boutiques - the sales people are snobbish and do not know much about the fragrances and fairly act like they do me a favor. I prefer Chanel boutiques inside Nordies or Neimans - while they still lack basis info about a fragrance, at least sales people are nicer