Code of Conduct

Default Making a list and checking it... Twice?

So I started out thinking I'll make a list of all the fragrances I liked and loved. Figured it made most sense because it would likely be smaller than those I don't and easier to maintain because of it. However, now I'm wondering if it wouldn't have been best to make a second list of those I hated also. I mean, there's far more of them, so it's hard to remember exactly if I have tried something, especially since I recognize the name of it, whether from ads, samples, or just seeing them discussed here.

In fact, there's so many that I truly detest that is astounding. And even more that I've tried and found utterly lacking, especially compared to others, and determined as unworthy because of this.

Just a thought. Really wish I had listed them all with thumbs up or down next to each.

Missing Oakmoss

Default Re: Making a list and checking it... Twice?

No time like the present to start keeping two lists, then!

Basenotes Institution

Sounds good.

Can be done on Fragrantica and perhaps even on this site via the star rating.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Old Factory View Post
    So I started out thinking I'll make a list of all the fragrances I liked and loved. Figured it made most sense because it would likely be smaller than those I don't and easier to maintain because of it. However, now I'm wondering if it wouldn't have been best to make a second list of those I hated also. I mean, there's far more of them, so it's hard to remember exactly if I have tried something, especially since I recognize the name of it, whether from ads, samples, or just seeing them discussed here.

In fact, there's so many that I truly detest that is astounding. And even more that I've tried and found utterly lacking, especially compared to others, and determined as unworthy because of this.

Just a thought. Really wish I had listed them all with thumbs up or down next to each.
    I have found listing my "Tried" and "Own" in Wardrobe has brought some measure "Knowing Thyself" "Truth"
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

The interesting part could be how these lists evolve and change several months or a year from now. A lot of things I hate initially, I come around on them and love them. POLO being a prime example.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Two lists sound fine
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.