Code of Conduct

Default CDNIM 'Special Edition EDP' vs Cedrat Boise?

I am specifically, but not exclusively, reaching out to anyone who may have tried Mancerea Cedrat Boise, supposedly a sweeter, richer take on Aventus? and Armaf CDNIM 'Special Edition' which is reputedly a sweeter and richer CDNIM and therefore a sweeter and richer Aventus?
    One is double the price of the other so if the Armaf (SE) EDP is a nice, sweeter take, fuller bodied etc. then perhaps I'd get a similar vibe as with the Mancera for less money?
    I will pay for the Mancera if it's worth it but not if the Armaf will scratch the itch for a sweeter, richer Aventus vibe for less cash?

Discuss....

P.s. Don't suggest I buy Aventus as it just doesn't pop on my skin, too dry and 2 dimensional. I need a sweeter, richer take on Aventus to get what others get from Aventus..if that kind of makes any sense?

Default Re: CDNIM 'Special Edition EDP' vs Cedrat Boise?

Cedrat Boise is a solid choice, and is sweeter I’d opt for that one.
    The finishing piece to my day’s attire is always a solid fragrance.

I've ordered a 2ml sample of Cedrat Boise but have never smelt CDNIM (any version including the SE EDP.)

So I'll know soon enough if I like Cedrat Boise but still won't know how it compares to the CDNIM SE.
    I think if any version of the Armaf, it will be the Special Edition EDP as its supposed to be sweeter, richer and smoother.

Morning Chess is a sweeter, fuller version. Don't worry about the note pyramid, just check the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    I've ordered a 2ml sample of Cedrat Boise but have never smelt CDNIM (any version including the SE EDP.)

So I'll know soon enough if I like Cedrat Boise but still won't know how it compares to the CDNIM SE.
    I think if any version of the Armaf, it will be the Special Edition EDP as its supposed to be sweeter, richer and smoother.
    Will be curious to hear your thoughts. I find it vaguely similar to AVENTUS. But doesn't work well for me.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Morning Chess is a sweeter, fuller version. Don't worry about the note pyramid, just check the reviews.
    This one is the best in that style.

Own the normal CDNI and I am already on my second 120ml bottle of CB and would choose the latter over CDNI any time!
    CDNI is to me a quick to go fragrance during spring/early summer. Smells ok, but lacks the 'class' CB has imo......
    People should not compare CB to Aventus imo as they are quite different. CB lacks the smokiness, is fruitier (based on all kinds of fruits instead mainly pineapple) and has leather added.
    My Top '12':

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco/Aoud Vanille
    - Armani: AdG Profumo
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Thierry Mugler: A*men
    - Initio: Side Effect
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (vtg)
    - PdM: Layton

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Thanks, I know you said not to be concerned over the notes but I notice it has Galbanum, which is also a note in French Lover that I hate, reminds me of rotten vegetables and cabbage.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Sadiyati by Majouri - big "wow" factor for mr.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

What Slayerized said - Cedrat Boisee is not even close to Aventus really. But due to the "fruity pebbles" accord (instead of pineapples), it is sweeter. I'd imagine its what you're looking for.

CDNIM - either verision - is cheap chemical dreck IMO
    Currently wearing: Bowmakers by D.S. & Durga

I'll let you know my thoughts on CB when the sample arrives, still be good to hear from someone who's got/had/tried the CDNIM SE though?

Well, I have the 2ml sample of Cedrat Boise.
    Based on a couple of sprays to my forearm, it's nothing like Aventus at all, not even the same 'vibe' so to speak.
    Definitely picking up some light woods and citrus but also vanilla, straight from the start there's vanilla. A bit of a weak vanilla ice cream thing I suppose.
    I'll get back in an hour or so with an update but so far this is just OK, but not even a tenuous alternative to Aventus.
    Also, it smells weak on me so far. About as much projection as a broken catapult.
    No notable silage.
    Not unpleasant but...well...bland......oh dear....

- - - Updated - - -

Reminds me of a sweeter but just as light a version of TdH.....

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Based on a couple of sprays to my forearm, it's nothing like Aventus at all, not even the same 'vibe' so to speak.
    Definitely picking up some light woods and citrus but also vanilla, straight from the start there's vanilla. A bit of a weak vanilla ice cream thing I suppose.
    I'll get back in an hour or so with an update but so far this is just OK, but not even a tenuous alternative to Aventus.
    Also, it smells weak on me so far. About as much projection as a broken catapult.
    No notable silage.

- - - Updated - - -

Cedrat Boise can make you anosmic fast and if you own a full bottle, gets quite potent after a bit of air gets in.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

No notable silage.

- - - Updated - - -

The dry down gave me a headache only time a fragrance has done this, I only wore it once and moved on the opening-mid is excellent and smells nice. It is nuclear and said to age well with some use, I plan to revisit it eventually but isn’t on the priority list.
    The finishing piece to my day’s attire is always a solid fragrance.

Well, a few hours in and I'm afraid it's a scrubber for me!

It's not like it gives me a headache or makes me feel sick but it's just not that great and nothing like Aventus IMO.
    I don't really even like it to be honest, it's sport of sickly smelling, lots of vanilla, light woods and little else.

So, if I want that Aventus vibe and the real Aventus doesn't work on me, perhaps I will have to settle for the CDNIM EDP or even forget it altogether?

Have you sampled Montblanc Explorer?

Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    Have you sampled Montblanc Explorer?
    Yes, it was too dry and screechy for me, not rich enough and not very like Aventus to my nose. I appreciate it may not be supposed to be a 'clone' as such but even as a stand alone scent it didn't wow me and it was very weak and fleeting on me.

Perhaps the Aventus DNA just isn't for me and I need to look at other profiles that work on me?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually there was one I used to have by Abercrombie & Fitch called 'Authentic Man' it was very nice to my nose and worked on my skin, sadly however it was abysmally weak and didn't project at all (apparently others have said the same) so I sent it back.

I think I'll look at other fresh but rich with some depth in dry-down scents as alternatives, one hot favourite right now is ADG Profumo.
    There are others I suppose like Chanel BDC Parfum, Prada Amber PH Intense or other similar scents.
    Not sickly and cloying stuff though.

Perhaps the Aventus DNA just isn't for me and I need to look at other profiles that work on me?
    That’s a good insight!

I am always amazed how many people who actually don't like Aventus really want to wear it anyway.
    Why then?
    Because you get so many compliments with it?
    From men, yes, from women only sometimes - there are many other fragrances that are far more appreciated by women than Aventus.

I would just skip it.
    I also don't wear Aventus and I'm totally fine with it.