Code of Conduct

Question Selfridges and Shipping Parfum to the U.S.

I have been wanting to purchase the 250 ML Tom Ford Fabulous flacon decanter because it is $620.00 USD at Selfridges (US Online Store) as opposed to $895 here in the U.S. My question is; Will I have issues with shipping (restrictions for parfum) due to regulations? I have been reading about the shipping restrictions for Parfum from the U.K. Has anyone had issues with ordering from Selfridges and receiving their parfum? Am I missing something? When I get through to the billing part on Selfridges’ website, I don’t see any restriction notices or anything? Thank you for your help! This is my first post.

Default Re: Selfridges and Shipping Parfum to the U.S.

They can ship perfume to the US. I've never encountered any problems.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Bought from them many times no problems. Shipping is high so make sure you adjust that to your total. Also, they do a annual change of $55.00 so if you are a repeat customer this may be your best avenue to take. I find they have great prices especially on Boadicea and Malle.

Like my fellow poster's above, I've never experienced any issues ordering from the UK to the US. This is a great way to save quite a bit of money.
    Currently wearing: Orange Spice by Creed

Thank you all for your responses and your help. I will definitely purchase the global shipping package for $55.00. This seems to be worth it being that I will be purchasing more. I do have one more question; The item itself...Fucking Fabulous...is the box and bottle censored? Has anyone purchased this specific item from Selfridges? The image shows the profanity with a black line through it, but the item description says "Please note: the bottle you receive will have a profanity on the label.". I'm just trying to get some clarity before I click the button. Thank you!

Has anyone ordered anything during covid from Selfridges? I am wondering if the parcel has tightened in the U.K. to ship abroad due to higher restrictions?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro27 View Post
    Has anyone ordered anything during covid from Selfridges? I am wondering if the parcel has tightened in the U.K. to ship abroad due to higher restrictions?
    I have. It just took a bit longer for them to get it in the hands of DHL to be shipped abroad.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Yes, it did take a few days longer from Leeds warehouse I believe but the savings were excellent.

Order placed for TF Fucking Fabulous in 250 ML from Selfridges. Hoping this goes smoothly and I am hoping the bottle is uncensored!

Wink Re: Selfridges and Shipping Parfum to the U.S.

I have been wanting to purchase the 250 ML Tom Ford Fabulous flacon decanter because it is $620.00 USD at Selfridges (US Online Store) as opposed to $895 here in the U.S. My question is; Will I have issues with shipping (restrictions for parfum) due to regulations? I have been reading about the shipping restrictions for Parfum from the U.K. Has anyone had issues with ordering from Selfridges and receiving their parfum? Am I missing something? When I get through to the billing part on Selfridges’ website, I don’t see any restriction notices or anything? Thank you for your help! This is my first post.
    *UPDATE* - My order has arrived and it is waiting for me at the post office. I was expecting Fedex to deliver this today, but it was forwarded to the USPS. The only issue (and it wasn't even an issue) that I encountered was not receiving my tracking number for DHL Express from Selfridges after they notified me that the package had departed the store. I had to call Selfridges and they were very helpful in giving me the tracking number for DHL Express. This only took 8 days to get to me in Arizona from the U.K. I am placing another order at Selfridges this evening for TF Tobacco Oud, as it seems that this is now discontinued? I better order it now before I can't get it anymore.... and for those prices!? Are you kidding me?! I made sure to subscribe to Selfridges' annual Global Shipping plan which is great!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

*UPDATE* - My order has arrived and it is waiting for me at the post office. I was expecting Fedex to deliver this today, but it was forwarded to the USPS. The only issue (and it wasn't even an issue) that I encountered was not receiving my tracking number for DHL Express from Selfridges after they notified me that the package had departed the store. I had to call Selfridges and they were very helpful in giving me the tracking number for DHL Express. This only took 8 days to get to me in Arizona from the U.K. I am placing another order at Selfridges this evening for TF Tobacco Oud, as it seems that this is now discontinued? I better order it now before I can't get it anymore.... and for those prices!? Are you kidding me?! I made sure to subscribe to Selfridges' annual Global Shipping plan which is great!
    Glad to hear that it worked out for you! Enjoy!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Wink Re: Selfridges and Shipping Parfum to the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Glad to hear that it worked out for you! Enjoy!
    I am super happy that I made this purchase from the U.K. (Selfridges). I will start to purchase from there regularly now. I placed another order yesterday and also one from Harrods. The next time that Selfridges has a beauty event, I am going to stock up on these decanter flacons. Thanks for your input/advice last week!

IMG_1319.jpg

I am super happy that I made this purchase from the U.K. (Selfridges). I will start to purchase from there regularly now. I placed another order yesterday and also one from Harrods. The next time that Selfridges has a beauty event, I am going to stock up on these decanter flacons. Thanks for your input/advice last week!

IMG_1319.jpg
    Congrats, those bottles are gorgeous! So if it works for you to the US, I think I should have no trouble to ship it to Switzerland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fugufish View Post
    Congrats, those bottles are gorgeous! So if it works for you to the US, I think I should have no trouble to ship it to Switzerland.
    Thanks! The bottles are gorgeous... I agree. The collection begins! Hopefully you have no issues with shipping to Switzerland.

I know that I have beat this post to death, guys and gals, but one more important thing about my order; Selfridges does make sure to include a 10 ML Tom Ford atomizer with every Tom Ford decanter flacon purchase. My atomizer was not shipped with this purchase, and so they asked that I take a picture of what I received and send this back to them. Once they receive my email they will make sure to have one sent out to me. In the U.S. this is a common issue (not getting an atomizer with purchase), but in the U.K. (at least at Selfridges) they make sure to include this.

You'll have to wait until November for a Selfridges beauty event. It's usually black Friday week that they have about 10% off, 15% if you're lucky.

Thanks for sharing anyway. It's always good to hear when a transaction goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    You'll have to wait until November for a Selfridges beauty event. It's usually black Friday week that they have about 10% off, 15% if you're lucky.

Thanks for sharing anyway. It's always good to hear when a transaction goes smoothly.
    Thank you for letting me know!

Yes I did!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have. It just took a bit longer for them to get it in the hands of DHL to be shipped abroad.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Yes, it did take a few days longer from Leeds warehouse I believe but the savings were excellent.
    So was my experience. They are slow to ship (~2 weeks to get the parcel out of the warehouse), but afterwards the DHL shipment took only 4 days. The saving was worth the wait!
    Currently wearing: Révolution by Cire Trudon

I got Rose d'Arabie for 128 dollars when they had the Christmas sale on perfumes