Code of Conduct

Thread: Bleu de Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Default Bleu de Chanel

So, I have a bottle of the EDT from 2019. I could pour the entire thing over my head and probably smell it for an hour or two. This stuff just doesn't stay on my skin. It could be a weak batch, not sure. I really do enjoy the smell. So, I just ordered a bottle of the Parfum and hoping for some better longevity. I know it's not identical but interested in comparing and contrasting. Reading some reviews, it sounds like the Parfum comes off sweeter in the opening and has a more woody dry-down.

Thoughts EDT vs EDP vs Parfum?
    Life's short, spray hard!

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel

I spray my clothes and it does last all day 4-5 sprays and it’s easily detectable by others. As for skin I can smell it faintly during next days shower off my chest, everyone’s skin is different of course I have a 10/2019 bottle. I tried the Parfum while nice the dry down goes in a different direction and strays too far from the Bleu De Chanel dna imo still nice though just throws you off a bit the performance on the Parfum is excellent strong stuff. I prefer the EDT out of the three concentrations just smells nice, I look forward to your thoughts when you receive your bottle of the Parfum.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

I had a bottle of Parfum but for my needs it was too weak, so I preferred to give it to my brother.
    I have read that of the three versions of Bleu that the Edp has the best performance but I have not tested it personally.
    The smell is very good indeed.

Own EDT, EDP, Parfum.

EDT has the best performance on my skin lasting all day and is the most preferred of the trio. I would consider EDT as my signature scent. I like the freshness of the EDT and the very comfortable dry down. Suggest adding a spray to your shirt to increase the performance.

Next up is the EDP which would be my second choice as it still has some of that freshness with a slightly fuller body to the EDT, yet it does not last as long. I detect a plastic / chemical vibe that is off putting but manageable.

The Parfum version is the fullest of the trio but the plastic / chemical is really off putting in this version. This version starts to move away from the EDT framework becoming its own fragrance. I find the Parfum has the least performance of the three.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Next View Post
    Own EDT, EDP, Parfum.

EDT has the best performance on my skin lasting all day and is the most preferred of the trio. I would consider EDT as my signature scent. I like the freshness of the EDT and the very comfortable dry down. Suggest adding a spray to your shirt to increase the performance.

Next up is the EDP which would be my second choice as it still has some of that freshness with a slightly fuller body to the EDT, yet it does not last as long. I detect a plastic / chemical vibe that is off putting but manageable.

The Parfum version is the fullest of the trio but the plastic / chemical is really off putting in this version. This version starts to move away from the EDT framework becoming its own fragrance. I find the Parfum has the least performance of the three.
    Excellent summary my findings as well although I don’t pickup a plastic smell in the EDP and Parfum but each nose is different. Wearing the EDP imo it loses the freshness that makes the EDT so enjoyable and gets soapy in the dry down for the wearer and I lose interest after that.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Own and enjoy all three, but prefer the Parfum as I find it richer, more refined and longer lasting on my skin.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I have samples of the EDT and EDP. I have not tried the Parfum.

The EDT I loath. The scratchy synthetic base is awful. I don’t get the hype.

The EDP, on the other hand, I enjoy, though it’s not full bottle worthy for me. It’s smoother and there’s a bit of smokiness.

Regarding performance, they behave like one might think: the EDT is louder and the EDP is quieter but longer-lasting. I didn’t have any issues with either. Perhaps you are going “nose blind” to part or all of the fragrance (or perhaps I’m just hyper-sensitive to it).

Got so far the best results-both as scent and regarding its performance-from the batches of the EDP very first released.
    However have yet to (re) test the Parfum more thoroughly for a more definitive impression if only tested sporadically or not at all so far while having been most unimpressed about the EDT.

Want to like all of them. Can’t wear any of them. They all turn sharp and rancid on me.

I own the EDT and the EDP. I much prefer the EDP; richer & fuller with all the rough edges ironed out. It's not quite as loud projection wise which to be honest I prefer because when I do wear BDC, I wear it to work.
    Formerly known as BeardedBarbershopFan - Still have a beard and still a barbershop fan

Great post! BDC is probably my signature fragrance. I wear it the most, and I've worn it the longest. I like it because of how versatile it is and am obsessed with the grapefruit note. It can be dressed up or used to bang around town in an old pair of jeans. Compliments have been pretty good with all three versions. However, Allure Homme Sport is my most complimented fragrance followed by Aventus. At any rate, I like all three versions but prefer the EDT and EDP.

The parfum is good but it doesn't gel with me. There's no doubt that it's a masterpiece. The mature grapefruit wrapped in cedar and tonka bean are incredible. It can sometimes be a bit off putting with its powdery nature. For me, I prefer the lively aspects of the EDT and EDP, of which I get 8+ hours out of the EDT and EDP. But EDP slightly edges out EDT in terms of performance and wow factor. I've also found that Bleu depends greatly on the weather. Both Bleu's wear differently in the winter. EDT smells warmer in the summer and incensy in the winter. So, I guess it depends on that.

For me, it's only the Parfum.

I feel indifferent on all three of them. For preference I probably would stick to the original release.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    For me, it's only the Parfum.
    I think this is the best one as well.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

I've only ever had the EDP and wouldn't ever bother with the EDT. In fact I almost always prefer stronger solutions, they have richer scent profiles and that's always what I'm looking for.

Basenotes Plus

Alright, I received the parfum version in the mail today. I definitely prefer this to the EDT. More depth, sweeter, the opening is smoother. Overall richer experience which is what I would expect. I've been wearing it for a few hours and really enjoying the dry-down. I wouldn't even smell the EDT at this point so it's already a plus! Smelling them side by side it's amazing how harsh the EDT opening is...
    Life's short, spray hard!

Discovered the EDT as the EDP was about to be released. It was fortunate for me as the EDT turns to ammonia on my skin, so EDP it was. I believe the Parfum strays too far from the original DNA as well.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Hermès H24
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Molinard Patchouli
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa
    Currently wearing: Royal Water by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Discovered the EDT as the EDP was about to be released. It was fortunate for me as the EDT turns to ammonia on my skin, so EDP it was. I believe the Parfum strays too far from the original DNA as well.
    Quick update to my previous post: I stopped by Nordstrom to smell the Parfum yesterday. With the caveat that I haven’t tried the Parfum on my skin, I agree with deltasun here. I like the Parfum, but it doesn’t “sparkle” like the others. It’s undoubtedly BdC, but it feels a bit flat. Of the three, I prefer the EDP, but none of the variants are FBW for me.

After sampling this and owning the EDP I gave up on the Bleu family. There is something in the EDT that is too “screechy” and off putting in the drydown. The EDP is my favorite but still tingles the nose and doesn’t settle well. Parfum was meh.
    "Desperation is a stinky cologne."
    --Super Troopers
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    it's amazing how harsh the EDT opening is...
    It's not harsh, but it's a fresh version of BdC - so it has some notes that may seem a bit more "abrasive". Performance is decent, 5-6 hours on skin I'd say, possibly more. It works well in summer, in contrast to EDP and Parfum.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I think this is the best one as well.
    And probably also a real rip off... at $125 for 50ml, that's ultra indie pricing for mainstream stuff...

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    And probably also a real rip off... at $125 for 50ml, that's ultra indie pricing for mainstream stuff...
    Also true. WAYYYYYY overpriced.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Had the EDT years ago and while I liked it there was always a part that my nose didn’t appreciate. It needed rounding but I let it go.

When I bought the EDP I found it more interesting. There was an incense spike in the mix which I wasn’t keen on but I really liked the fragrance so I tried to find a way to enjoy the EDP. I found the best way to wear it was under clothing; it muted out the incense and my body heat warmed up the citrus, ginger and vetiver. I still have it but now I look at it as a woody blue vetiver. I made a subtle adaptation to the way I wore it and it’s become something I wouldn’t want to be without. It’s not always possible but if you persevere with a fragrance you can sometimes find a way to make it work for you.

The Parfum was too far out of what I liked about BdC. Also I have other fragrances with a sandalwood cedar I prefer so quite a lot of redundancy.

EDP is the one I’ll stick with.

I’m yet to try the Parfum. Between the EDP and EDT I like the EDT way better.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: Chloé (new) by Chloé