Code of Conduct

Default Office-friendly scent - cold days for men

As written in the title, I need recommendations for scents, that somehow have a seasonal vibe while still being office friendly.
    Example: When thinking of Spicebomb (Extreme), you think of winter and Christmas. But when I tried this, I could not imagine wearing it in a close environment for 6+ hours.

I currently own: Light Blue Intense, Bleu de Chanel EdP, D&G The One EdP, YSL Y (gonna sell this tho), Montblanc Explorer

As you can already tell, I do own more freshies / showergel scents than warm spicy scents. Looking to change this

Already tried:
    Valentino Uomo Intense, Burberry London, Spicebomb Extreme, Prada LR Black, Tom Ford Noir Extreme, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal EdP, YSL LNDL, Prada L'Homme
    Most of them are either too much or simply, being worn by too many already (Prada L'homme really has developed a status when it comes to office scents). I enjoyed LNDL a lot, but is this too much for the office?

Also looking to add another clean summer scent but that is probably going to be easier since most are wearable in office due to the limited sillage on most designers.

So..... what do I like?
    I am 21 years old, wearing casual clothes, working in an IT department (mostly office, sometimes travelling to customers). I do not enjoy in-your-face scents, they have to be easy to pull off. I want to wear the scent, I don't want to be worn by the scent ;-) That's why it shouldn't be too mature, the scent has to have some vibe regarding cold days. The office obviously is not freezing as it is in the outside, but still you have that vibe of going inside and enjoy being in the warm. I already own "The One" - which is a sweet and seductive, yet mature scent. Since my brain hates redundancy the new one shouldn't go into the same direction, maybe more spice? more tobacco? fresh & spicy?

Pricing shouldn't be too high as I am still in education. Let's say around 50$ for 50ml.
    Last edited by mxyyy; 27th January 2021 at 09:41 AM.

Default Re: Office-friendly scent - cold days for men

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense would be worth sampling. It is suitable for cooler weather. It’s dense and spicy and has some muted soapy freshness as well as some myrrh. One or two sprays is enough.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Maybe Bel Ami

If you like it, but you think La Nuit is too strong, maybe YSL L'Homme? Maybe you can also read about Boss Bottled Intense. I have not tried it, but it sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by ZhangFan View Post
    If you like it, but you think La Nuit is too strong, maybe YSL L'Homme? Maybe you can also read about Boss Bottled Intense. I have not tried it, but it sounds good.
    I actually don't think LNDL is too strong, rather ... not suited? I know I know, there aren't real rules. But still, when asking for typical office-friendly recommendations, this wouldn't be a typical one. Maybe I should just do it, wanted to buy this anyway, as soon as prices calm down here in Germany. I don't enjoy the normal L'Homme, don't ask me why, there is something in the base my nose just can't stand, unfortunately

Boss Bottled EdT was my first fragrance that I bought and I loved it. Though the more you sniff through fragrances and the more you read and see from videos or forums, the more you realize that there are better ones out there. Also, I guess we don't have to talk about the longevity of this watered down soup. Doesn't change the fact that I love the scent and from what I have heard the Intense version is way stronger than the EdT - I will definitely try this one out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense would be worth sampling. It is suitable for cooler weather. It’s dense and spicy and has some muted soapy freshness as well as some myrrh. One or two sprays is enough.
    Yet to try this one out, heard it is a bit mushy for some but hey: you will always get 101 opinions from 100 different people when it comes to colognes. What is your personal opinion, do you prefer the Amber or the L'Homme?

Quote Originally Posted by mxyyy View Post
    Yet to try this one out, heard it is a bit mushy for some but hey: you will always get 101 opinions from 100 different people when it comes to colognes. What is your personal opinion, do you prefer the Amber or the L'Homme?
    I like both the original Prada Amber (the purple liquid) and Prada L’Homme but I wouldn’t recommend either here as I wouldn’t reach for them in cold weather. Of the two though I actually prefer L’Homme by a small margin because its use of iris is extremely good.

Amber Intense sets itself apart from the original Amber in that it’s more resinous which gives it a certain cozy warmth that makes it much more suitable for cold weather whilst being office friendly.

Hermès Bel Ami
    Hermès Terre D’Hermes Parfum
    Hermès Terre D’Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Givenchy Gentleman EDT Originale
    Guerlain Heritage EDT/EDP
    Guerlain Homme Eau De Parfum
    Costume National Homme
    Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP
    Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan
    Nicolai New York Intense
    Cartier Pasha Parfum
    Rasasi Hawas
    Chanel Antaeus
    Tom Ford Beau De Jour

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mxyyy View Post
    As written in the title, I need recommendations for scents, that somehow have a seasonal vibe while still being office friendly.
    Example: When thinking of Spicebomb (Extreme), you think of winter and Christmas. But when I tried this, I could not imagine wearing it in a close environment for 6+ hours.

I currently own: Light Blue Intense, Bleu de Chanel EdP, D&G The One EdP, YSL Y (gonna sell this tho), Montblanc Explorer

As you can already tell, I do own more freshies / showergel scents than warm spicy scents. Looking to change this

Already tried:
    Valentino Uomo Intense, Burberry London, Spicebomb Extreme, Prada LR Black, Tom Ford Noir Extreme, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal EdP, YSL LNDL, Prada L'Homme
    Most of them are either too much or simply, being worn by too many already (Prada L'homme really has developed a status when it comes to office scents). I enjoyed LNDL a lot, but is this too much for the office?

Also looking to add another clean summer scent but that is probably going to be easier since most are wearable in office due to the limited sillage on most designers.

So..... what do I like?
    I am 21 years old, wearing casual clothes, working in an IT department (mostly office, sometimes travelling to customers). I do not enjoy in-your-face scents, they have to be easy to pull off. I want to wear the scent, I don't want to be worn by the scent ;-) That's why it shouldn't be too mature, the scent has to have some vibe regarding cold days. The office obviously is not freezing as it is in the outside, but still you have that vibe of going inside and enjoy being in the warm. I already own "The One" - which is a sweet and seductive, yet mature scent. Since my brain hates redundancy the new one shouldn't go into the same direction, maybe more spice? more tobacco? fresh & spicy?

Pricing shouldn't be too high as I am still in education. Let's say around 50$ for 50ml.
    Try Bentley for Men Intense, check out the reviews.

Basenotes Institution

Rive Gauche

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Nicolai New York Intense
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

To me, these are all cold-weather-office-friendly, and should fit your budget.

Chanel Allure Homme - Warmer than Sport version and should be office appropriate
    CH Men Prive
    Spicebomb Fresh - I don't consider this to be fresh, more like Spicebomb light, which may work for you
    Bulgari Man in Black
    John Varvatos Vintage
    Halloween Man Shot
    Azzaro pour Homme Amber Fever or Ginger Fever
    Banana Republic Oud Mosaic

The Iceberg for men? Dior Fahrenheit? Chanel Platinum Egoiste? Lalique Encre Noire A l'Extreme? Polo Green? Azarro Visit? Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Intense? Ferrari Silver Essence? Animale Animale for Men?

Dependent

Terre d'Hermes Parfum.

I'd suggest something like Chanel Egoiste or Guerlain Heritage.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I wouldn't recommend Bel Ami.
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste or Prada Water Splash should be excellent.

Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme edt : Awseome and versatile. Keeps close to the body and will not be obnoxious.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Aramis Calligraphy Rose, Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi, PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Great recommendations already, also adding Lalique Homme EDP and Lalique White
    Currently wearing: Denim Musk by Denim

Hommage a L'Homme Lalique may be great choice

Basenotes Plus

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

L'instant de Guerlain comes to minds first for a autumn winter very friendly frag. Has some depth, progression, interesting asides. Comfy!