Code of Conduct

Default first time buying on jomashop and buying fake

First of all, sorry everyone for my bad English. I live in Vietnam and I have never owned any perfume. Buying perfume in Vietnam is very expensive. Because the transportation to Vietnam is very difficult and complicated procedures. After researching, I asked to buy 3 bottles of perfume from jomashop. My first bottle was the prada l'homme, it was fragrant. My second bottle is carven l'eau intense 100ml. I'm really disappointed about it. It has no fragrance. It is water. It has no wires. People told me I couldn't pay it back because the refund and the procedure was more expensive than the perfume bottle. I was really disappointed. My 3rd bottle of burrbery for man is on his way back to Vietnam.

Default Re: first time buying on jomashop and buying fake

I’ve used them a few times and everything was ok, I haven’t used them enough to say they are 100% legit sorry this happened to you. I seen 100ml tester bottles of Penhaligon’s Sartorial for $100 on Jomashop was temped but wary at the same time.
    Current Top Favorites:

Ralph Lauren Polo
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Costume National Homme
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Caron Le 3ème Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Cartier Pasha De Cartier Parfum
    Currently wearing: Pasha Parfum by Cartier

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

Bummer

Hello Huydung,
    I read the word "factice" on the box, it means they sent you a bottle ("factice" or "dummy") made for being put on display that does not contains any perfume.

Can I ask them to send me another bottle without asking for the bottle I have? Can I get a fragrancex from my next purchase? and won't be in this situation

Jomashop is 100% legit. I've purchased probably a few dozen watches and sunglasses from them and can attest without any question of their authenticity. I think you're mistaken as to what you purchased somehow. Pay close attention when purchasing things from them because some items are floor models and such. So they aren't all guarantee brand new condition etc.

I know my case is rare. My friends also buy a lot. We are in Vietnam so the return process is very difficult and troublesome. Can I ask them to consider resending another sample because of their mistake without asking me to return the item?

Quote Originally Posted by Huydung View Post
    I know my case is rare. My friends also buy a lot. We are in Vietnam so the return process is very difficult and troublesome. Can I ask them to consider resending another sample because of their mistake without asking me to return the item?
    Shouldn’t be a issue if it’s a mistake on their part.
    Current Top Favorites:

Ralph Lauren Polo
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Costume National Homme
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Caron Le 3ème Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Cartier Pasha De Cartier Parfum
    Currently wearing: Pasha Parfum by Cartier

Dependent

Contact them, explain the situation and ask for a replacement.
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Yup looks like a mistake. They have 30 day return policy. Your bottle says clearly on it Factice, which is a display bottle only, no juice inside. That's what was sent to you. If they advertised it as a fragrance then they did so mistakenly and they will make it right.

Factice are perfume bottles made by the manufacturer to be used for display and advertising purposes; and also by perfume lovers & collectors for decoration and interior design. They are sold either filled or empty, and do not carry perfume. Factice come in a range of sizes - small to medium to large.

Edit: I checked out their website and indeed they advertise this as a fragrance not just a bottle. I reached out to them as a long time repeat customer and represented myself as someone inquiring on another's behalf. I requested they look into this matter and advise how they wish to proceed with return/refund. I'll let you know what I hear.

Thank you. I live in Vietnam. First buy on jomashop then free ship to US domestic and wait for them to ship to Vietnam so it takes a very long time. I just received it 2 days ago. If they say the return, the customs clearance on my side will be very difficult and complicated and long term. I don't know if they will accept to send me another bottle without return. Anyway, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Factory View Post
    Yup looks like a mistake. They have 30 day return policy. Your bottle says clearly on it Factice, which is a display bottle only, no juice inside. That's what was sent to you. If they advertised it as a fragrance then they did so mistakenly and they will make it right.

Factice are perfume bottles made by the manufacturer to be used for display and advertising purposes; and also by perfume lovers & collectors for decoration and interior design. They are sold either filled or empty, and do not carry perfume. Factice come in a range of sizes - small to medium to large.

Edit: I checked out their website and indeed they advertise this as a fragrance not just a bottle. I reached out to them as a long time repeat customer and represented myself as someone inquiring on another's behalf. I requested they look into this matter and advise how they wish to proceed with return/refund. I'll let you know what I hear.
    Thank you. I'm new to perfumes. I have read Buysblind article and found this perfume suitable for the weather in Vietnam. in Vietnam the summer weather is very hot and humid. I ordered it since December. Free to US and ship to Vietnam so I just received it 2 days ago. My bottle of Burrbery for men is not back yet. Probably due to the geographical distance and the transportation so it takes a long time. I just want to buy and make no mistake. I also don't want anything to happen because the geographical distance and legal procedures or transportation are very difficult. Anyway, thank you very much

Thank you. I'm new to perfumes. I have read Buysblind article and found this perfume suitable for the weather in Vietnam. in Vietnam the summer weather is very hot and humid. I ordered it since December. Free to US and ship to Vietnam so I just received it 2 days ago. My bottle of Burrbery for men is not back yet. Probably due to the geographical distance and the transportation so it takes a long time. I just want to buy and make no mistake. I also don't want anything to happen because the geographical distance and legal procedures or transportation are very difficult. Anyway, thank you very much
    Well I've written you the same to let you notice the mistake, but no "thank you" for me? Always like this with new members in need of urgent clarifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilturko View Post
    Well I've written you the same to let you notice the mistake, but no "thank you" for me? Always like this with new members in need of urgent clarifications.

yes thank you very much Thanks to you, I know it is on display and not counterfeit.

Hello Huydung,
    I read the word "factice" on the box, it means they sent you a bottle ("factice" or "dummy") made for being put on display that does not contains any perfume.
    Good catch!
    First time ever I see a factice bottle with liquid in it... I saw large factice ones for display, but what’s the point of these?.... Weird
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

Thank you. I live in Vietnam. First buy on jomashop then free ship to US domestic and wait for them to ship to Vietnam so it takes a very long time. I just received it 2 days ago. If they say the return, the customs clearance on my side will be very difficult and complicated and long term. I don't know if they will accept to send me another bottle without return. Anyway, thank you very much.
    You can try. If they are being difficult, you could threat them to contact the brands/distributors, because it’s forbidden to sell promotional material (especially if advertised as real).

Honestly I bought a couple of time on Jomashop, never had a problem.
    Make sure the pics you send them show clearly the word “factice” on the box, and that there is nothing written on the back/bottom of the bottle.

A2638F64-0E1F-4393-81E6-F16577B45089.jpg4A5C59ED-1DEA-46D6-8C9E-EF549FAE220B.jpg3EB40CA0-36C6-498E-9CC1-F1FD2D9A1793.jpg4640B26A-0194-4C15-ACBA-624849C8794B.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    You can try. If they are being difficult, you could threat them to contact the brands/distributors, because it’s forbidden to sell promotional material (especially if advertised as real).

Honestly I bought a couple of time on Jomashop, never had a problem.
    Make sure the pics you send them show clearly the word “factice” on the box, and that there is nothing written on the back/bottom of the bottle.
    Thank you. I have asked a few people who specialize in buying goods from jomashop to Vietnam and my friends. they all say jomashop is good which when I acquired this problem again. that is unfortunate. Here are all pictures about it[ATTACH=CONFIG]145186
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    Good catch!
    First time ever I see a factice bottle with liquid in it... I saw large factice ones for display, but what’s the point of these?.... Weird
    Hi Andy the frenchy,

you mean the huge display bottles that often lies on top shelves of old fragrance shops? They may contain liquid and may not, the glass can be tinted to mimic the presence of a liquid.

I have seen a lot of display bottles in standard sizes too, all of them full of liquid, sometimes they don't have the spray mechanism (like the bottle that Huydung is showing us) but other times they have it and is a dummy also it, I mean it doesn't work. They are meant to be displayed in shop windows too.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I’ve used them a few times and everything was ok, I haven’t used them enough to say they are 100% legit sorry this happened to you. I seen 100ml tester bottles of Penhaligon’s Sartorial for $100 on Jomashop was temped but wary at the same time.
    I warily bought one of those Sartorial bottles and it proved to be authentic.

Now if only they could sell me a $95 Halfeti...

This item is correct. The stamp on the side does not change the item is indeed a LEau Intense by Carven for Men - 3.33 oz EDT Spray. If you are not happy with the item you can request a return online and the item has to return used/unopened. Any signs of use and we will be returning the product back to you.
    they answered me like that .I will never buy perfumes on their site again. Next time I will buy at https://www.fragrancex.com/. Do people here buy from that site? And has anyone having trouble with https://www.fragrancex.com/?

This item is correct. The stamp on the side does not change the item is indeed a LEau Intense by Carven for Men - 3.33 oz EDT Spray. If you are not happy with the item you can request a return online and the item has to return used/unopened. Any signs of use and we will be returning the product back to you.
    they answered me like that .I will never buy perfumes on their site again. Next time I will buy at https://www.fragrancex.com/. Do people here buy from that site? And has anyone having trouble with https://www.fragrancex.com/?
    What did the receipt state exactly? Did your order ever state "factice" somewhere, or EDT? Again... if they sold you a factice for a real EDT, they could be in serious troubles for misleading commercial practices, and in the US, they don't joke with that. I suggest making your tone firmer with them if they have been difficult. Have you used paypal? If they are being difficult and refuse to reimburse you, open a case with paypal stating that the item received does not match the order you paid for, and the seller is unwilling to resolve. Or oppose the credit card transaction.

Edit: I saw your receipt's picture: it speaks clear: you have not received the EDT, you have recieved a factice. Error from their side. They are in the total wrong, and should also issue a shipping label for you to send it back. This is commercial malpractice.

Basenotes Plus

Hello Huydung,
    Oh wow, nice catch. They sent a display bottle on accident? Yikes heh
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

And has anyone having trouble with https://www.fragrancex.com/?
    This place has a reputation of being legitimate.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Yes. Thank you. i'm new in perfumes. Can I contact you privately to get ideas for next time? I will never buy at jomashop again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This place has a reputation of being legitimate.
    Yes. Thank you. i'm new in perfumes. Can I contact you privately to get ideas for next time? I will never buy at jomashop again.

They are relatively new to selling fragrances but I've purchased watches and other luxury goods for over a decade. They are based in NY, grey market.