Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: The NEW HERMES H24 Eau de Toilette

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    My bottle has been riding around on a FedEx truck for the past 3 days in my town. Hermes requires a signature, won't leave at a drop-off...
    That's crazy...I ordered from Hermes and bottle was delivered in two days and left on my steps. Sorry to hear your problem, Chuck but all good things to those who wait.

Got it today and love it! Green clean and slight floral, slight barbershop but not too much. Just sprayed now so haven’t had full wearing yet. It’s not a heavy scent either. This is a real winner and better than bleu and sauvage
    Bro I also ordered from hermes and left a note on door for fedex to leave at door and I signed the note I put on door. They did it. I live at a home so maybe they’re more likely to do If write note or at a single dwelling and not apt.
    Thank you God for guiding me the way you want to guide me.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Got it today and love it! Green clean and slight floral, slight barbershop but not too much. Just sprayed now so haven’t had full wearing yet. It’s not a heavy scent either. This is a real winner and better than bleu and sauvage
    Bro I also ordered from hermes and left a note on door for fedex to leave at door and I signed the note I put on door. They did it. I live at a home so maybe they’re more likely to do If write note or at a single dwelling and not apt.
    Thanks for the tip. It actually arrived about 30 minutes ago here at work. I have not opened it yet...the package is huge, like a pair of running shoes in a box!
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

Just sprayed it on the back of my hand. First impression: It's like a cologne version of Amouage Beach Hut Man, but with a little Paul Smith (green bottle) tossed in.

Very masculine, green and barbershop. The top notes remind me of the smell of the tonic they use at V's Barbershop chain.

All this said, I'll have to see how it performs. It really tames down quickly after an impressive burst. I'll wear it tomorrow as my SOTD.

Stellar packaging, by the way, but the bottle and box are still ugly to me. It's just so 90's looking.

Boy, it's super light on the back of my hand.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Just sprayed it on the back of my hand. First impression: It's like a cologne version of Amouage Beach Hut Man, but with a little Paul Smith (green bottle) tossed in.

Very masculine, green and barbershop. The top notes remind me of the smell of the tonic they use at V's Barbershop chain.

All this said, I'll have to see how it performs. It really tames down quickly after an impressive burst. I'll wear it tomorrow as my SOTD.

Stellar packaging, by the way, but the bottle and box are still ugly to me. It's just so 90's looking.

Boy, it's super light on the back of my hand.
    We have a V's here in my town. I had no idea it was a chain. Do you know what their tonic is called?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    We have a V's here in my town. I had no idea it was a chain. Do you know what their tonic is called?
    I think it's just their house tonic. It smells awesome! It's fairly cheap, too. They are pricey on their haircuts. But, it's all in what you're used to. Great level of service and atmosphere.

H24 arrived today. After an hour: the opening is bright (touch of melon or fig?), then gone in a flash.
    So far- I get a pleasant generic leaning fruity, sweet mid that maintains a uniqueness I cannot put my finger on.
    This is very safe, lightly sweetened freshie that somehow stands apart so far. It is not blue, or aquatic. This may require 5+ sprays......
    This is very much a modern Hermes mainstream offering. Great opening, light basenotes, VERY polite and reserved.
    If the fresh citrus was more present in the dry down this would be just right. This may be the plan by Hermes- we will all be waiting for a flanker with citrus amped up.
    I like the bottle.

I could see myself wearing this to work regularly. Very classy scent
    Thank you God for guiding me the way you want to guide me.

Very classy and aromatic scent. The metallic notes adds a sharpness that highlights its freshness. It's a a quiet confidence.

Glad you guys got your bottles! I never heard back from the Hermes boutique and so purchased mine at Nordstrom's a couple of days ago.

The projection is probably not that great, a close scent bubble. The longevity though is pretty good. I do about 5 sprays to my chest (still have a weird neck reaction and can't spray there) and torso around 4 or 5pm, then put my shirt back on. The next morning, I still pick it up when I wake up around 7am.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

I smelled it clearly all day yesterday, and was getting wafts of my 4-5 sprays 14 hours later. Maybe my nose is just very attuned to the base materials used.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I sampled this on paper last night and am giving it a full wear today....
    Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    This is my experience, too. The opening is pleasant, but not the "Wow!" punch of something like Terre d'Hermes, for example. But the longer H24 sits on my skin the more it opens up and breathes deeply - the green and floral aspects really come to the fore, along with a textural, synthetic quality that's uncanny and quite compelling. It feels like a futuristic, watercolor fougére with a velvety sage sheen...
    Really appreciate the feedback for the fragrance guys. What you wrote really helps understanding the fragrance and the expectations I have. Not sure when I will sample it, but when I do I will post some thoughts here too. Hopefully some testers at the shops.

Steven has smelled it too:

An (arrogant) SA sprayed it today on the top of my hand.

I was shocked - this smells like a 90's cheapie.
    This is certainly for the mature crowd.
    Generic and simple citrus - green - classic barbershop.
    The design of the bottle perfectly reflects the smell - old and done before.

In the air, the whafts smell a bit better than smelling my hand up close.
    Longevity / sillage is good.
    Put this in a blind smell test and I am confident some people would mistake it for a bargain cheapie of the old days.

This is not for the Sauvage / Blue de Chanel / Legend / Aventus crowd, and that is perfectly fine.
    It's like an antidote for the ambroxan laden fragrances out there.
    I can see how it has this casual chique Hermes aura.
    This would smell good on an older guy, but that's it.

Not for me.

but the bottle and box are still ugly to me. It's just so 90's looking.
    And smelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post

This is not for the Sauvage / Blue de Chanel / Legend / Aventus crowd, and that is perfectly fine.
    And [90s] smelling.
    Even as I think this one does a lot of unique things under the hood and I like it, I also think this feedback is fair, and I get it.

Toward the end of my wear, it occurred to me that H24 might be considered the modern interpretation of things like Grey Flannel (green, wet violets) or maybe Green Irish Tweed (bright green verbena/grass)...that sort of thing. Classic green barbershops, but with the oldschool-iest barbershop parts transposed into this synthy mineralic green petrichor steam thing. Still with that heritage, though.

Now that I think about it, Narcisco Rodriguez for Him could be an interesting reference point as well. Need to smell it again.

Anyway...agree that it's definitely not for the clubbing crowd, no doubt about that.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Even as I think this one does a lot of unique things under the hood and I like it, I also think this feedback is fair, and I get it.

Toward the end of my wear, it occurred to me that H24 might be considered the modern interpretation of things like Grey Flannel (green, wet violets) or maybe Green Irish Tweed (bright green verbena/grass)...that sort of thing. Classic green barbershops, but with the oldschool-iest barbershop parts transposed into this synthy mineralic green petrichor steam thing. Still with that heritage, though.

Now that I think about it, Narcisco Rodriguez for Him could be an interesting reference point as well. Need to smell it again.

Anyway...agree that it's definitely not for the clubbing crowd, no doubt about that.
    Nagel calling it a "high-tech fougere" certainly sounds like a joke to me.
    The overall composition gives me a very old and classic vibe.
    Invasion Barbare is the high-tech fougere out there and smells more modern to me.

This for me is basically a 90's classic with minerals added to it, referencing Terre d'Hermes.
    I personally don't see any modern interpretation in this fragrance.

I stopped by Nordstrom earlier to check this out. I got a sample and sprayed a card. The card has been sitting on my table all evening, and it's quite a projector. I'll probably try this on my skin sometime this weekend. It seems pretty nice.
    Currently wearing: French Affair by Ex Nihilo

Received my bottle this morning and am wearing it today. Beautiful scent, particularly the drydown! Look forwarding to enjoying more wears of it in the not too distant future.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Sounds interesting. I was hoping to try it at a store, but I do not think anything will open here before 2022. I can't even ask/request a sample online even though I'm looking to buy perfume from the online store.

THIS. I dunno what everyone else is talking about

But I guess it is just out of date enough for it to seem novel, our nostrils have been raped by amberwoods so much that a return to 90s minimal aquatic smells like a refreshing new idea.

Put this in a blind smell test and I am confident some people would mistake it for a bargain cheapie of the old days.

Not for me.

Just received my bottle.

It's definitely a throwback, semi barbershop scent. Opening is green with a hint of indeed some fruit accord but it quickly blends into a metallic sort of green/barbershop hybrid which smells quite nice actually. Mature and versatile, could be great for the office. It does seem a little bit weaker than I thought but I have to give it a couple more wears to see how it performs. Not necessarily unique, but it's a nice departure from all those amberwood and ambroxan filled garbage releases of the last few years. Now that I've seen the bottle in person, it's not too bad at all. The ''steam'' accord I get later on which to me smells ''synthetic'' but pleasant, I like the drydown of this.

I recently smelled this and I have to say I’m quite intrigued by it. Not sure if I like it enough to wear it but it does feel like a breath of fresh air amidst all the generic releases the past couple of years. It’s definitely unisex and modern.

I've had it on for several hours now. It's a nice scent, but if you own Viking (for winter) and Beach Hut Man for summer, I don't think this scent is needed. It's in the ballpark of those two to my nose. If those two are too loud for you, give this a chance.

So what would you rather have?

Beach Hut Man or H24?
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I was so thrilled by the feedback I opted for a bottle of Tom Ford Ombre Leather instead. I will eventually smell this one but doesn’t sound like something I really need to seek out with what I currently already have looking forward to more input on H24.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by sunny5011 View Post
    So what would you rather have?

Beach Hut Man or H24?
    Beach Hut Man.

Looks like my sample request from Hermès is going to go unanswered. This sounds like something I’d like and it’s reasonably priced, but I can’t help but think it’ll be much cheaper when it hits discounters, and isn’t groundbreaking enough to rush out and buy blind. If anyone feels like selling off a 5-10 ml decant let me know!

For those who have tried it, how warm/sweet/rich do you find the base to be? Usually I don’t like fougeres because I find the more warm, sweet basenotes just muddy up the fresh green top/mid notes. But it sounds like the base may be more woody/metallic.
    “I have often observed that [scents] cause an alteration in me and work upon my spirits according to their several virtues; which makes me approve of what is said, that the use of incense and perfumes in churches, so ancient and so universally received in all nations and religions, was intended to cheer us, and to rouse and purify the senses, the better to fit us for contemplation” - Montaigne

Not for me.
    I still don't understand why people think the target demographic for those fragrances is young people.

It's not. It's for people who were already wearing men's fragrances in the 90s.

Johnny Depp means next to nothing to Gen Z other than he's cancelled for being a 'bad man'. He's not a pin up or a heart throb.

H24 feels like it is targeting the exact same demographic as Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel did - millennials and Gen X.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Opens like Acqua di Giò Profumo with its sage and woody rosewood (replacing AdG's patchouli),
    with the steamy sclarene behind oddly akin to the mysterious s-note (?) in Mugler Cologne,
    as the narcissus evens out the composition in the base with a smoft rounded floral musk,
    performance and materials are akin to most of La Collection Des Parfums Jardins.

If you like: Acqua di Giò Profumo, Mugler Cologne, Le Male Superman Eau Fraiche

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast