Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Today I bought February 2021

Any purchases made and/or any planned purchases for the month of February.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Default Re: Today I bought February 2021

Maison Lancome Oud Ambroisie. So lucky to have found it now that it's discontinued (if anyone is looking, I got mine from Harvey Nichols, I think they have a few more left)
    Oud, honey and rose goodness, love it!!

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Rose Peonia by Lancôme

Quote Originally Posted by Ealu View Post
    Maison Lancome Oud Ambroisie. So lucky to have found it now that it's discontinued (if anyone is looking, I got mine from Harvey Nichols, I think they have a few more left)

Lovely!
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Azurée by Estée Lauder

I bought second bottle of Pharrell Williams for my girlfriend. I can highly recommend this scent. It is lovely and very original with good parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Lovely!
    Thank you

I just bought a back up bottle of Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Eau Rose by Diptyque

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    I just bought a back up bottle of Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme.
    Haha, I did the same on Tuesday, too!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Purple Night by Les Bains Guerbois 100ml EDP

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    Haha, I did the same on Tuesday, too!
    Do you have more than one back up of GGA pour Femme?

I also bought a 50ml bottle of Eau Duelle EDT and a 75ml bottle of Fleur de Peau EDP both are from Diptyque. Very quick delivery time, ordered one day and it arrived on the next day.

Blog Entries

They discontinued it??!! This was my favorite Maison Lancôme. Drat!

I bought something to help get through this next week’s moving stress, even adding 2nd day air because I know I will need some jollying up.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    current avatar: the incomparable Kristen Pfaff❤️❤️❤️
    Currently wearing: Métallique by Tom Ford

Do you have more than one back up of GGA pour Femme?

I also bought a 50ml bottle of Eau Duelle EDT and a 75ml bottle of Fleur de Peau EDP both are from Diptyque. Very quick delivery time, ordered one day and it arrived on the next day.
    No, it's my first one. I actually think I should get more eventually - it's a flanker after all and who knows for how long it will still be on the shelves? It's just this one is rather expensive even discounted, for a price of one Gucci I could buy at least two Guerlains. So I just keep looking for bigger discounts that never come up.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    No, it's my first one. I actually think I should get more eventually - it's a flanker after all and who knows for how long it will still be on the shelves? It's just this one is rather expensive even discounted, for a price of one Gucci I could buy at least two Guerlains. So I just keep looking for bigger discounts that never come up.
    That's interesting about prices. Shalimar and Samsara are only a little bit cheaper than what my bottle of GGA pour Femme cost and the Mon Guerlain range are a bit more expensive when comparing 90ml/100ml sizes.

That's interesting about prices. Shalimar and Samsara are only a little bit cheaper than what my bottle of GGA pour Femme cost and the Mon Guerlain range are a bit more expensive when comparing 90ml/100ml sizes.
    Must be different prices in different countries!
    I usually buy Guerlain heavily discounted, and Gucci just don't get significant discounts here.

Edit:
    If we're talking about retail prices with 0 discounts, they are rather similar:
    GGA: 30 ml - 79.98€; 50 ml - 108€; 90 ml - 136€.
    50 ml of the new Shalimar Philtre is 105€, Mon Guerlain EDP has very similar pricing to GGA, Aqua Allegorias are 89€ for 75 ml, Terracotta/Meteorites are ~80€ for 100 ml. 20% discounts for bigger sizes are frequent in official stores, you just have to wait for them. I usually either wait for discounts and buy retail (Terracotta, Philtre and some of my Aqua Allegorias are bought retail) or turn to discounters for older scents - I paid for my Samsara, Insolence, Mon Guerlain, Black Perfecto and Shalimars ~30-ish € this way (I usually choose 50 ml size). If the price difference is not very significant, I always prefer buying retail, but if it's half the price or even 60-70% off in discounter, of course I'll take the cheaper option.

"They discontinued it??!! This was my favorite Maison Lancôme. Drat!"

Sadly, yes, I'm afraid they have chosen to discontinue Oud Ambroisie along with Lavandes Trianon, Tubéreuses Castane, Parfait de Rôses and possibly Iris Dragées. I'm still on the lookout for Tubéreuses Castane and Iris Dragées. I've managed to find the others thankfully, including a back up bottle for Lavandes Trianon! I have to say Oud Ambroisie is absolutely stunning and I love it too ��

Basenotes Plus

Congratulations on that lovely bottle Jon! I have the older square mosque bottle of Amouage Gold, those bottles were stunners.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post

Amazing, congrats!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    Congratulations on that lovely bottle Jon! I have the older square mosque bottle of Amouage Gold, those bottles were stunners.
    Amazing, congrats!
    Many thanks !. I have the square mosque bottle too and the contents are every bit as impressive as the presentation. Same with this one - it's magnificent

Yes, gorgeous bottle, Jon and congrats khanada on the 4160 Tuesdays, which reminded me (again) to search for their Dirty Honey, which I was finally ready to take the plunge and buy, but now I cannot find it! Luckyscent has others of their fragrances, but not DH. Any suggestions welcome on that one.

Today I got two things from my list, Bruno Fazzolari Zdravetz, because the Balkan music band I sing with is called Zdravets (both spellings transliterated from Cyrillic, so both are correct!), the national flower of Bulgaria - a rosy geranium; and La Maison de la Vanille Vanilles du Monde 5-bottle (15 ml) coffret.

That should keep me for awhile...
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson
    Currently wearing: Santalum by Profumum

These bottles are wonderful. I wonder if it's similar to something Armani Prive Rose d'arabie or TF Noir de Noir.

A stunning bottle Jon, Dia Man is one of my favorites from Amouage.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    These bottles are wonderful. I wonder if it's similar to something Armani Prive Rose d'arabie or TF Noir de Noir.
    I agree, such beautiful bottles! Oud Ambroisie is very sweet with the jammy honey dominating along with an oud that's not so tame, the Rose is pretty forward too. While there are common notes with the two you mentioned, I find no similarities as such and for comparison, I find Rose d'Arabie darker & heavier and NdN earthier. I find the dry down of Rôses Berberanza from the same line to be mildly similar to the dry down of Oud Ambroisie.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    A stunning bottle Jon, Dia Man is one of my favorites from Amouage.
    Me too

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Congrats on this!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Congrats on this!
    Thanks hednic

Sillage Monster

Today I bought Kerosene Pretty Machine. I've been daydreaming about it since last year and thought I better pull the trigger soon because it's definately an early spring fragrance. It's chief note is linden.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
    Currently wearing: No. 19 Poudré by Chanel

Acqua Di Gio Profondo 4.2oz

I'm really enjoying the marine notes and the mass market composition aesthetic. Vibes a bit like Erolfa.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

"They discontinued it??!! This was my favorite Maison Lancôme. Drat!"

Sadly, yes, I'm afraid they have chosen to discontinue Oud Ambroisie along with Lavandes Trianon, Tubéreuses Castane, Parfait de Rôses and possibly Iris Dragées. I'm still on the lookout for Tubéreuses Castane and Iris Dragées. I've managed to find the others thankfully, including a back up bottle for Lavandes Trianon! I have to say Oud Ambroisie is absolutely stunning and I love it too ��
    Oh, no!! I love Tubereuses and Iris Dragees too. Aargh. I should have known, perfumes like that, were too good for a house like Lancôme to keep going. I bought Jasmins Marzipan on the spot, and glad I am, as, even if they have kept it in production, I wonder if they have, or will, mess it up.

I capitulated today to another Ormonde Jayne purchase. Orris Noir, a big 4 ounces. I love its seasonless brown beauty. For some reason, it reminds me of a Postmodern Dune, the soap, the woods, the equipoise. I dropped my decant yesterday, and it has rolled under something in the chaos of moving, and it is probably hiding behind a growing stack of boxes. I had the new Orris Noir shipped to the lake house, another carrot for the stick, that I am using to get through this move—can’t smell it again, until I get there. My boyfriend will be back in the city tomorrow, for day surgery on his back, but he needs a more comfortable environment in which to recover, than the chaos here.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    current avatar: the incomparable Kristen Pfaff❤️❤️❤️
    Currently wearing: Métallique by Tom Ford

I have a small decant that I got from Cestrum a long time ago. That's a wonderful bottle. Enjoy

I agree, such beautiful bottles! Oud Ambroisie is very sweet with the jammy honey dominating along with an oud that's not so tame, the Rose is pretty forward too. While there are common notes with the two you mentioned, I find no similarities as such and for comparison, I find Rose d'Arabie darker & heavier and NdN earthier. I find the dry down of Rôses Berberanza from the same line to be mildly similar to the dry down of Oud Ambroisie.

What other notes do you pick up from it? If it has some oriental notes in it along with the rose and oud, it could be something that I enjoy.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks N.CAL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast