Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Frags that have been on your "to buy" list way too long.

Im sure we all have our bought, to buy and to avoid lists of perfumes.
    I like us all have a number of frags that i really like,definitely want and one day will buy.But for some unknown reason of mine,they just sit for months and years in my mental "to buy" waiting room and i end up buying something else,sometimes blindly.!!
    Examples of these are G.I.T and Royal Oud from Creed,Memoirs of a trespasser from Imaginary Authors,Memoir man from Amouage and Oud silk mood from MFK.
    Anyone else have some long stayerson your "to buy list"?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Frags that have been on your "to buy" list way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by jal123 View Post
    Anyone else have some long stayers on your "to buy list"?
    Only one - Herbe Marine by Creed.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Jacques Fath - Iris Gris. Still waiting for the lottery win

Guerlain Cuir Beluga and SL Douce Amere.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Bel Ami, Acqua di Cuba, Bruno Acampora Musc and Tom Ford Urban Musk. I feel quite close to buying Acqua di Cuba though.
    Currently wearing: Carat by Cartier

Basenotes Plus

Mine are Après L'Ondée and Jicky - I honestly don't know why they keep getting shoved to the back of the line.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

1270 Frapin. I have had a sample in my desk drawer at work for years and for some reason I still haven't pulled the trigger. Perhaps this year.

Amouage Portrayal

Basenotes Plus

If anything ever "stays" on my "to buy" list way too long, I think it's either because I really was not that crazy about it (like..I probably mostly have a "meh" feeling about it) in which case that means it was never really on my "to buy" list, it was more like on my "to try" list! XD
    Or, it means I don't mind it or I really do like it, but I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on one scent! (Which is very often the case with things like Creed or Maison Francis Kurkdjian, at least for me.) Or..I think it seems nice, but not like six hundred or a thousand dollars nice! Like..if it was more in the price range of scents they sell at Sephora I might buy it! XD (although it occurs to me that Sephora sells some pretty expensive things too like Tom Ford, Aerin or Atelier Cologne..I meant things that are mostly less than $150 for a 50 ml bottle!) Also..again..no offense meant to anyone when I say this, because I know that when it comes to scent, what people like or do not like is highly personal. But..again..no offense..but I sort of feel like some of the really high end fragrances that are carried by stores like Holt Renfrew (in Canada) or Saks Fifth Avenue (like, high end like the ones that cost at least hundreds if not over a thousand dollars!) are actually kind of overrated. :/ And..I'm not trying to make anyone mad when I say that, but I remember that years and years back, when I used to work in an office environment, I think I once bought a really high end perfume..I can't recall what it was, it might have been Frederic Malle (although I was told those used to cost somewhat less) but I think it was something from Ex Nihilo. Anyway, there was something I bought, and I think I purchased it more with the thinking that if you buy the most expensive thing, people won't give you a hard time about your perfume! But..I think I wore it and I think at least one person still bitched about what I was wearing! Because, honestly..a lot of those don't smell that much different from the less expensive fragrance lines! And, TBH..I smell a lot of those high end scents, and I'm not necessarily that crazy about a lot of them..I smell them and I'm kind of like "meh." But like I said..that also just depends on what you like!
    Last edited by LadyDragonFire; 8th February 2021 at 07:54 PM.

Dependent

African Leather and Epic Man.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Noir Anthracite
    Sampling some Amouage
    Sampling some Acqua di Parma
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Basenotes Plus

Chanel Antaeus
    YSL Jazz Prestige

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain

Penhaligon‘s Halfeti
    Kilian Bamboo Harmony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

The other thing too is that, TBH, there so many perfumes that I like, or that I want to try, that I actually really don't have the money for all of them! So..I kind of have to prioritize my "lists", and try to decide what I actually like enough to buy an entire bottle of it, or what is probably better if I just get some samples, mini bottles or travel sizes (which is a lot of things actually!) And..sometimes I find it gets to be tricky, to say the least, to decide what I actually want to add to my collection and what I'll pass on..or maybe save for another time! Not long ago I got some mini bottles of the Hermes "Un Jardin" scents, for example, and now I wish I kind of passed on them! :/ I thought I loved them when I spritzed them from the bottles in Nordstrom..but now that I'm applying them from splash bottles at home..I think I actually enjoyed them layered with at least one other thing! Because that same day I think I also applied Caleche or Kelly Caleche and also Amazone as well..and then I also sprayed at least one of the "Jardin" scents..and I think I thought the combo was just amazing! I find I actually don't care for the "Un Jardin" scents so much worn alone..and also I think I like them more sprayed from the atomizer..once again, I think the notes don't come across so well when the scent is just splashed on! So yeah..I have to make hard decisions about what to buy, and it is tricky, because sometimes I make a decision, and then I feel like it was thje wrong one! XD And like I said..it's hard to collect them all..like Pokemon! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Noir Anthracite
    Sampling some Amouage
    Sampling some Acqua di Parma
    Royal Oud is excellent I remember it dethroning Chanel Antaeus as my favorite at one time a few years ago when I wore both regularly!
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Basenotes Institution

None at the moment.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Royal Oud is excellent I remember it dethroning Chanel Antaeus as my favorite at one time a few years ago when I wore both regularly!
    I'll be getting some very soon, hopefully.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Pretty much everything. A few have been discontinued since I put them on the wishlist ��
    Currently wearing: Classic Chypre by Esteban

Likely too many to mention, mostly classics like:

the ones by Creed (including BDP and OV), Caron especially l'Anarchiste and Yatagan, a few Houbigant ones like Fougere Royale and Duc de Vervins, most if not nearly the complete male output by Hugh Parsons, a few Penhaligon's like Endymion and Opus 1870, at least one Amouage like Bracken, a few designer landmarks by Cartier, Boucheron, Lalique, Faconnable, Cerruti

among many others

Noir Anthracite
    M
    Silver Mountain Water
    Currently wearing: Paradis Perdu by Frapin