Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 39
  1. #1
    Super Member Unadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Clackamas, OR
    Posts
    352

    Cool Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Does anyone here like or recommend any of the items from the Men's Collection from BBW? Marble, Teakwood? Colognes, body sprays, shampoos? Or pass on all?

  2. #2
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    I smelled the body sprays yesterday, and they had a special going on....thought Marble smelled pretty good. Didn’t get any, probably because I bought so many soaps, lol

  3. #3
    Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,278

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    I have always like them but there's something that B&BW puts in all their stuff, from women's lotion, candles, men's fragrances, that often give me a headache. Very artificial in the scent/smell but for the price, along with constant sales and coupons, it's hard to beat.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

  4. #4
    ToughCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southlake, Tx
    Posts
    5,147

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    I’m a big fan of BBW in general...we get all our candles there and we will add lotions etc. I love the men’s body washes but fell out of like with colognes. I had the Bourbon one I believe and it just didn’t do much. I got more lasting effects from the body wash. So while I love the scents they put out I don’t have the urge to buy that colognes. Still will get body washes though
    "Desperation is a stinky cologne."
    --Super Troopers

  5. #5

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I’m a big fan of BBW in general...we get all our candles there and we will add lotions etc. I love the men’s body washes but fell out of like with colognes. I had the Bourbon one I believe and it just didn’t do much. I got more lasting effects from the body wash. So while I love the scents they put out I don’t have the urge to buy that colognes. Still will get body washes though
    BBW Bourbon products, not the cologne, are stellar.
    Currently wearing: Météore by Louis Vuitton

  6. #6
    Dependent Foamywax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    2,268

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Do they have a men's fragrance that is nice?

  7. #7
    Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,278

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    I'm going there tonight to get something for my girlfriend. I'm going to do some sampling of the colognes when I'm there.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

  8. #8
    ToughCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southlake, Tx
    Posts
    5,147

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    BBW Bourbon products, not the cologne, are stellar.
    Exactly! Love the Bourbon products..sans cologne..and just find their body washes across the board and other products much more satisfying than the colognes.

    I’m not sure if they still do but they used to carry the CO Bigelow barber colognes and they were better. Liked Elixir Black
    Last edited by ToughCool; 12th February 2021 at 08:44 PM.
    "Desperation is a stinky cologne."
    --Super Troopers

  9. #9
    The Scented Devil
    Varanis Ridari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    12,956
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Exactly! Love the Bourbon products..sans cologne..and just find their body washes across the board and other products much more satisfying than the colognes.

    I’m not sure of they still do but they used to carry the CO Bigelow barber colognes and they were better. Liked Elixir Black
    They don't. The main company sold it's stake in Bigelow. Online only now.
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader

  10. #10
    ToughCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southlake, Tx
    Posts
    5,147

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    They don't. The main company sold it's stake in Bigelow. Online only now.
    Thanks for the info ZC! I didn’t think I’d seen them in awhile.
    "Desperation is a stinky cologne."
    --Super Troopers

  11. #11
    Dependent deltasun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    8,177

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Not a fan of their colognes or their men's line, in general. I get 3-wicks and some body lotions and shower gels. Don't ask me why, but I love their bakery-scented shower gels (and some candles). I love the way they've reproduces the pie crust portion of the fragrance.

    I also like some of the aromatherapy lotions like vanilla/patchouli, black chamomile, vanilla lavender. I'm headed there tonight as well to utilize some coupons.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Fragrance du Bois Sahraa Oud
    4. Mugler Over the Musk
    5. Carner Fig Man
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

  12. #12

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    The shower gels, body creams, and lotions are very good. As for the colognes not so much.

    My favorites include Ocean, Atlantic, Forest, and Suede.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  13. #13

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I’m a big fan of BBW in general...we get all our candles there and we will add lotions etc. I love the men’s body washes but fell out of like with colognes. I had the Bourbon one I believe and it just didn’t do much. I got more lasting effects from the body wash. So while I love the scents they put out I don’t have the urge to buy that colognes. Still will get body washes though
    What are your favorites for candles?

    I do enjoy their Aromatherapy Stress Relief Eucalyptus and Spearmint collection.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  14. #14
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    352,146

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unadan View Post
    Does anyone here like or recommend any of the items from the Men's Collection from BBW?
    Have tried a few but was disappointed with all.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    I like Bourbon, Teakwood and Forest for their colognes
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cade by L'Occitane

  16. #16

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Any one try the spring/summer releases? Legend, Hero, Champion?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  17. #17

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Any one try the spring/summer releases? Legend, Hero, Champion?
    Yes I tried Champion I could barely smell it
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cade by L'Occitane

  18. #18

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
    Yes I tried Champion I could barely smell it
    What did it smell like to you?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  19. #19

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    I bought Bourbon, Clean Slate, Graphite, Marble, and Ocean in a buy 3-get-2 deal. Wasn't thrilled with Marble or Ocean, ended up returning them to downgrade to buy 2-get-1. But the others I really do enjoy. Clean Slate is light, fresh, with a fruity touch. It got me a compliment from a female friend who prefers lighter fragrances on men that aren't loud, but only get picked up when you're giving a hug or what not. Another female friend who I get to test out my frags (and completely disagrees with the previous friend ) really likes Bourbon, it's a bit deeper and more powdery/ambery. And Graphite is really nice to my nose, I've seen it be compared to Coach for Men. Performance is moderate, Bourbon probably performing the best. I get that you're sort of supposed to use the B&BW colognes in conjunction with the matching personal care products, but I didn't bother. I really like the presentation for what that's worth, the bottles tend to have a colored gradient glass that looks really nice, makes it feel like a premium product.

  20. #20
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    25,399
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    I bought Bourbon, Clean Slate, Graphite, Marble, and Ocean in a buy 3-get-2 deal. Wasn't thrilled with Marble or Ocean, ended up returning them to downgrade to buy 2-get-1. But the others I really do enjoy. Clean Slate is light, fresh, with a fruity touch. It got me a compliment from a female friend who prefers lighter fragrances on men that aren't loud, but only get picked up when you're giving a hug or what not. Another female friend who I get to test out my frags (and completely disagrees with the previous friend ) really likes Bourbon, it's a bit deeper and more powdery/ambery. And Graphite is really nice to my nose, I've seen it be compared to Coach for Men. Performance is moderate, Bourbon probably performing the best. I get that you're sort of supposed to use the B&BW colognes in conjunction with the matching personal care products, but I didn't bother. I really like the presentation for what that's worth, the bottles tend to have a colored gradient glass that looks really nice, makes it feel like a premium product.
    Great comments!

    Bourbon and Clean Slate are two of my faves, too, and indeed somewhat opposite. Bourbon is nice boozy peppery woods, while Clean Slate is a kind of dry persistent fresh woods.

    I'm enjoying Oasis now - it has some of the same ambery lavender main accord of Noir, which is reminiscent of a couple of designers by Prada.

    I liked Marble. It's a bit like Graphite + diet YSL L'Homme.

    I am finding that the spray cans offer a quality scent experience comparable (almost identical) to the colognes.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Viking Cologne by Creed

  21. #21

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    The real deal is the Cremo Silver Water and Birch products. Available at Target and other places. I have the body wash and hand soap. Smells so close to SMW I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

  22. #22
    Dependent jkonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,800

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian5701 View Post
    The real deal is the Cremo Silver Water and Birch products. Available at Target and other places. I have the body wash and hand soap. Smells so close to SMW I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.
    Seriously - the body wash is so good, and smells exactly like SMW.

    Funny, I was actually just in the mall yesterday with my sister for some bday shopping and we went in there - I ended up getting a 75% off Suede body wash. It’s ok - sort of a cedar-pepper-citrus TdH type smell that’s a bit leathery, but the scent isn’t that strong. I tried a bunch of the other current lineup of men’s products and nothing appealed to me. They all just had that kinda cardamom/tonka/white musk/amber wood vibe, and they all sorta smelled similar to one another. They only had the body wash of Suede or else I might’ve been tempted by some lotion or something. But that was really the only masculine that wasn’t super sweet/cloying.
    “I have often observed that [scents] cause an alteration in me and work upon my spirits according to their several virtues; which makes me approve of what is said, that the use of incense and perfumes in churches, so ancient and so universally received in all nations and religions, was intended to cheer us, and to rouse and purify the senses, the better to fit us for contemplation” - Montaigne
    Currently wearing: Greyland by Montale

  23. #23

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Not a fan - generic, boring, predictable. Many moons ago they had more interesting options like CO Bigelow, collab with L'Occitane and even Henri Bendel, but these days it's just your average middle of the road mall stuff. BBW did have a decent one a couple of years ago, Cypress, but of course it got discontinued quickly.
    Even at 50% markdown I think there are better ways to spend money and I would never consider any of them at regular retail price.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    I bought Bourbon, Clean Slate, Graphite, Marble, and Ocean in a buy 3-get-2 deal. Wasn't thrilled with Marble or Ocean, ended up returning them to downgrade to buy 2-get-1. But the others I really do enjoy. Clean Slate is light, fresh, with a fruity touch. It got me a compliment from a female friend who prefers lighter fragrances on men that aren't loud, but only get picked up when you're giving a hug or what not. Another female friend who I get to test out my frags (and completely disagrees with the previous friend ) really likes Bourbon, it's a bit deeper and more powdery/ambery. And Graphite is really nice to my nose, I've seen it be compared to Coach for Men. Performance is moderate, Bourbon probably performing the best. I get that you're sort of supposed to use the B&BW colognes in conjunction with the matching personal care products, but I didn't bother. I really like the presentation for what that's worth, the bottles tend to have a colored gradient glass that looks really nice, makes it feel like a premium product.
    Bourbon I returned very early on after one use, I think I should've gave it more time. Graphite was nice as well.

    I enjoyed Ocean a lot along with Suede.

    B&BW is currently having their Semi Annual Sale (SAS), their Mens Collection is on sale. I'm glad to Suede, Paris, Whitewinter Rush make a return.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  25. #25

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Great comments!

    Bourbon and Clean Slate are two of my faves, too, and indeed somewhat opposite. Bourbon is nice boozy peppery woods, while Clean Slate is a kind of dry persistent fresh woods.

    I'm enjoying Oasis now - it has some of the same ambery lavender main accord of Noir, which is reminiscent of a couple of designers by Prada.

    I liked Marble. It's a bit like Graphite + diet YSL L'Homme.

    I am finding that the spray cans offer a quality scent experience comparable (almost identical) to the colognes.
    I don't get much booziness out of "Bourbon" to be honest, despite the name. I have a few fragrances that really come across as boozy to me, like "Bourbon Vanilla" or "Distiller's Blend" by Cremo or "Dark Rebel" by John Varvatos. And B&BW Bourbon doesn't really come close to those. I still really like the fragrance, I just don't think the name is very descriptive of how it actually smells.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian5701 View Post
    The real deal is the Cremo Silver Water and Birch products. Available at Target and other places. I have the body wash and hand soap. Smells so close to SMW I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.
    Oh certainly, Cremo is a great cheapie option in the same price space . Silver Water & Birch is one of my personal least favorite frags from the line though.
    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Bourbon I returned very early on after one use, I think I should've gave it more time. Graphite was nice as well.

    I enjoyed Ocean a lot along with Suede.

    B&BW is currently having their Semi Annual Sale (SAS), their Mens Collection is on sale. I'm glad to Suede, Paris, Whitewinter Rush make a return.

    I saw that the sale is going on! I'm hoping to get the chance to pop in to the store before the sale is over (if it isn't already).

  26. #26

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
    Yes I tried Champion I could barely smell it
    That's how most of their stuff is, it all smells like rubbing alcohol with some scent to it, once it dries, it's gone.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by PotassiumSnow View Post
    That's how most of their stuff is, it all smells like rubbing alcohol with some scent to it, once it dries, it's gone.
    Ok that's a little harsh.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    I don't get much booziness out of "Bourbon" to be honest, despite the name. I have a few fragrances that really come across as boozy to me, like "Bourbon Vanilla" or "Distiller's Blend" by Cremo or "Dark Rebel" by John Varvatos. And B&BW Bourbon doesn't really come close to those. I still really like the fragrance, I just don't think the name is very descriptive of how it actually smells.
    I was gifted BBW Bourbon a couple of years ago and I maybe used it twice - nondescript bland sweet sugary coloured water. I agree that there's nothing in it that even remotely justifies the name. I tried and failed to find some redeeming qualities in Bourbon - I hated having that 99% full bottle just sitting there gathering dust. I need to find someone who'll appreciate it more than I did (not).

  29. #29
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    25,399
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    I was gifted BBW Bourbon a couple of years ago and I maybe used it twice - nondescript bland sweet sugary coloured water. I agree that there's nothing in it that even remotely justifies the name. I tried and failed to find some redeeming qualities in Bourbon - I hated having that 99% full bottle just sitting there gathering dust. I need to find someone who'll appreciate it more than I did (not).
    LOL! My bottle is still pretty full or I'd consider it.

    You're right - it's not about booze per se - I was shocked at first about the mismatch. Only later did it make sense. It's more about the light woody aspect imparted by oak barrels. B&BW men's scents are all designed to be under the radar variations on "my husband smells clean". Bourbon is just "peppery woody clean". But the accusation of "significantly not as described" is merited, I agree. Old Whiskey Barrel And Saw Memories would be a better name. Even that rubbing alcohol part is evocative of those damn barrels, which are leached of their better half, and left smelling "almost good".

    Moonshine Memories. Yeah, can't name it that!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Viking Cologne by Creed

  30. #30

    Default Re: Bath and Body Works Mens Collection (2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    LOL! My bottle is still pretty full or I'd consider it.

    You're right - it's not about booze per se - I was shocked at first about the mismatch. Only later did it make sense. It's more about the light woody aspect imparted by oak barrels. B&BW men's scents are all designed to be under the radar variations on "my husband smells clean". Bourbon is just "peppery woody clean". But the accusation of "significantly not as described" is merited, I agree. Old Whiskey Barrel And Saw Memories would be a better name. Even that rubbing alcohol part is evocative of those damn barrels, which are leached of their better half, and left smelling "almost good".

    Moonshine Memories. Yeah, can't name it that!
    Yeah I think that's more what they're going for with the name, the idea of the wood used in the barrels. As I recall one of the notes listed on the simple note breakdown on the box is " Kentucky oak".

    And yes, totally true that most of B&BW men's fragrances are some variation of "my husband smells clean". Because let's be honest, the vast majority of B&BW's customers are middle class women. Therefore the vast majority of the store are products aimed at women, with a small corner set aside for the men's products. The goal then with the men's fragrances is to have women spray them on strips and for them to think, "Ooh, it would be nice if my husband/boyfriend smelled like that". Male fragheads wandering in looking for a decent cheapie are an anomaly.




Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Making a Dupe for Bath and Body Works Body Spray
    By ndrh in forum Fragrance DIY
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th August 2020, 10:42 PM
  2. Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Botanical Blend Batch No.24
    By atrac in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11th February 2018, 03:10 AM
  3. Bath & Body Works New Signature Collection for Men
    By Advocate in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 18th July 2012, 07:23 PM
  4. Bath and Body Works
    By Pepe Le Pew in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23rd March 2007, 07:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000