Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default New for 2021 - Creed Viking Cologne

The House of Creed proudly presents the new Viking Cologne Eau de Parfum for men and women. A bracing, contemporary take on an aromatic fougère fragrance that combines the lasting impression of an Eau de Parfum with the refreshing twist of an Eau de Cologne, Viking Cologne is the latest universal addition, inspired by the crisp Icelandic air. Created by Master Perfumer Olivier Creed and his son, Erwin, Viking Cologne blends zingy lemon, bergamot, mandarin and pink pepper with a fresh and aromatic burst of lavender, geranium, nutmeg, rosemary and sage. Fused together by a lasting woody base of sandalwood, frankincense, patchouli, cedarwood and vetiver, this daring scent provides an exhilaratingly icy and woody-fresh contrast to its bold & fiery counterpart, Viking.

Haven't heard any news anywhere, except this from Jeremy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLKUButhhEQ/
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 15th April 2021 at 12:20 AM.
    Currently wearing: Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

Default Re: New for 2021 - Creed Viking Cologne?

I also heard that Viking Cologne would be coming this year. Orange packaging. Not sure on the direction Creed is going. Perhaps due to the success of Aventus Cologne.

Not sure I like the idea of Creed dropping flankers. Sure Aventus Cologne happened before they sold off to the hedgefund, but I hoped that was a one off. Don't need Green Irish Tweed Intense and Royal Oud Colonia
    Formerly known as BeardedBarbershopFan - Still have a beard and still a barbershop fan
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

I will be doing a field test of this once it drops, I can't promise the reactions will be good

Quote Originally Posted by CH MEN PRIVE View Post
    I will be doing a field test of this once it drops, I can't promise the reactions will be good
    Watered down abandoned amusement park? lol
    Formerly known as BeardedBarbershopFan - Still have a beard and still a barbershop fan
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolScents View Post
    Watered down abandoned amusement park? lol
    lmao yupp

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Bring it on.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Bring it on.
    I agree. The pressure is on Creed...if it's great, we win!!! If it's not...we still have the awesome Viking!!! How do we lose?
    Currently wearing: Beach Hut Man by Amouage

Not sure I like the idea of Creed dropping flankers. Sure Aventus Cologne happened before they sold off to the hedgefund, but I hoped that was a one off. Don't need Green Irish Tweed Intense and Royal Oud Colonia
    Green Irish Tweed Intense sounds promising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creed make something new not a flanker

If real, I'd certainly give it a shot as I do like smelling Viking from time to time. I've actually been quite surprised how much I've grown to like Aventus cologne, especially as an easier-to-wear daily fragrance, and it gets more positive comments than the original for me.

Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Creed are really full of innovative new ideas these days.

I'm thinking it won't be long before Creed will entertain ideas or repackaging their fragrances like B&BW does: Recycle or slightly tweak of their old creations and release it under a new name.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Exactly. If Creed goes down this "designer" road it reeks of desperation instead of the confident, classic, elegant "niche" brand. I was worried the moment I heard Creed was selling out to a big-money investor/buyer. I immediately began backing up all of my Creed fragrances for the looooong term (possibly enough to last my lifetime). I don't want to wake up 5 years from now to every fragrance I loved being either discontinued or watered down into a cheap $10 chemical cologne spray.

I did not like Viking at all, hard pass

Viking hasn't become popular at all. For example, in Russia it is always on sale. Moreover, it is not really discussed in the Internet.
    It seems they decided to reinvent Viking with that Cologne version.
    The same situation as with YSL Y. The first edt version flopped, but the second edp became a bestseller.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    Exactly. If Creed goes down this "designer" road it reeks of desperation instead of the confident, classic, elegant "niche" brand. I was worried the moment I heard Creed was selling out to a big-money investor/buyer. I immediately began backing up all of my Creed fragrances for the looooong term (possibly enough to last my lifetime). I don't want to wake up 5 years from now to every fragrance I loved being either discontinued or watered down into a cheap $10 chemical cologne spray.
    The Creed family are still making the fragrances, so you should be ok.

Blog Entries

On the topic of Viking itself. I think it's one of the best Creed's ever honestly. It has a lot of facets, and aside from a couple others, I think it's the most complex or a contender for the most complex Creed fragrance made. That's probably why it's not popular in the mainstream, it's "too niche", it's not as simplistic as Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    If real, I'd certainly give it a shot as I do like smelling Viking from time to time. I've actually been quite surprised how much I've grown to like Aventus cologne, especially as an easier-to-wear daily fragrance, and it gets more positive comments than the original for me.
    I like Aventus Cologne more than Aventus. Both have gotten me compliments...oh wait, is that a bad thing now? And that is not directed at you fit&frag...I feel exactly the same as you.

And why do I give a crap about Creed protecting their brand? That's Black Rock's job, not mine. I just like great colognes.

I guess the new company that owns Creed is now filling Old Spice in orange "Viking Cologne" bottles and selling it for 300 $.

Dependent

I love Viking as it is but I wouldn’t be surprised if they released a more warmer weather friendly version.

Maybe they’ll amp up the citrus and vetiver, freshen up the mint and dial down the pepper. A less greener, more spicy version of Xerjoff Renaissance, perhaps.

Original Viking has a nice idea behind, but it's too strong on spices for me. Cologne version may just be it.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Any more information on this? A Creed SA did tell me that this was in the pipeline but couldn't give me a release timeframe.

Perhaps they should focus on making the fragrances they already have perform better?
    Seems to me that they have some classics that are just shadows of their old selves, thus practically inviting the clone houses to clean up with frustrated ex-Creed fans wanting better performing versions of their favourites?

Then again, what do I know? I'm just a Sloth.

Quote Originally Posted by broguesforsir View Post
    I love Viking as it is but I wouldn’t be surprised if they released a more warmer weather friendly version.

Maybe they’ll amp up the citrus and vetiver, freshen up the mint and dial down the pepper. A less greener, more spicy version of Xerjoff Renaissance, perhaps.
    +1. I live in a non-sweater region and the original Viking is just too spicy for normal wear. I wouldn't mind a better version of Spicebomb Eau Fraiche.

A few tweaks to Viking could end up being a very good thing. Longevity for Aventus Cologne were not as bad as a lot of people advertised here (for me at least) but a lighter take of Viking would be a great thing for the Spring/Summer months.
    "Work saves us from three great evils: boredom, vice and need" - Voltaire

I was late to the Viking party but have grown to like it quite a bit. Am interested in trying a cologne version, but do prefer they come up with newer fragrances and push the envelope.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Fragrance du Bois Sahraa Oud
    4. Mugler Over the Musk
    5. Carner Fig Man

https://youtu.be/jRGkFD6_WU8

It’s happening guys.

Like I won't buy it...

Possibly the first time I’ve ever seen commentary on BN about any fragrance being too strong, with a watered-down version more welcome.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast