Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 33
  1. #1
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    I'm not going to mention the company whom I bought the 500ml flacon from as I am still hoping they will make things right. What I will say is that they are a well known company that sell niche perfumes, based in Europe. This was my fifth purchase from them, so you could call me a regular customer. All previous purchases went pretty well. I did received a creed flacon from them before with some minor leakage (maybe 10-15mls) but felt it wasn't worth the hassle to complain about it.
    So the first problem with this order was that it got stuck in Germany for about 3 days due to bad weather so when it arrived with DHL express I wasn't there to receive it. But the box it was delivered in was in good condition so I wouldn't have rejected the delivery. These flacons get packaged in such a way that they are vacuum packed to one side of the box. It wasn't until I took it out I saw there was a problem. Through the bubble wrap, I could see yellow staining all over the box. I took it out of the bubble wrap and it was slightly damp in those areas.
    I'm not sure if creed do this or the seller but there is a small seal (tape) keeping the box closed. I have yet to break it. The samples inside were not leaking, it pretty much stinks of the fragrance and it's around 70g lighter than it should be. So I doubt another flacon leaked onto it. I had trouble finding their email so I just went through paypal that evening (Thursday). I got an email from them Friday saying, "it looks like you got the wrong order?". I told them it was the correct order but the box was in a very bad condition. I haven't heard from them since.
    To be honest I don't blame the company. They packed it well. These creed flacons have a tendency to leak and I think an extra 3 days on the road didn't help things. However with the money I'm paying, I should be receiveing a product of merchantable quality. The worry I have is that paypal will go the same route as they did with a leaking bottle I got from Notino a couple of years back. They asked me to send it back to get my refund. No courier would take it and Notino wouldn't help me, so I gave up in the end. However this time it isn't a bottle of Ferragamo F Black!
    Your thoughts are welcome. Apologies if this was long-winded!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Pretty sure I know the company you're talking about (body part?!) and they certainly used to send an email after receiving a Creed flacon order saying that they sometimes leak and that it is, basically, tough if it happens to you - although I haven't seen one of them recently. TBH it's Creed's fault, not theirs - I've gone through dozens of flacons and, while the stopper on some is wedged in so tight it needs a tap of a hammer to get out, others are much looser.....I'd say 20% of those I receive have leaked to some degree, with maybe 5% being more serious leaks. The tape on the box, and bubble wrap inside, are additions by the company as far as I'm aware. Some of these problems would be resolved if the flacons were shipped 'standing up'. In your situation.....hard to tell really. Could be worth complaining but, then again, if they replaced every leaking flacon they wouldn't be in business much longer! My guess would be that if they get many complaints from a certain address / country, they may just stop shipping there - have seen it happen.

  3. #3
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by Drzava View Post
    Pretty sure I know the company you're talking about (body part?!) and they certainly used to send an email after receiving a Creed flacon order saying that they sometimes leak and that it is, basically, tough if it happens to you - although I haven't seen one of them recently. TBH it's Creed's fault, not theirs - I've gone through dozens of flacons and, while the stopper on some is wedged in so tight it needs a tap of a hammer to get out, others are much looser.....I'd say 20% of those I receive have leaked to some degree, with maybe 5% being more serious leaks. The tape on the box, and bubble wrap inside, are additions by the company as far as I'm aware. Some of these problems would be resolved if the flacons were shipped 'standing up'. In your situation.....hard to tell really. Could be worth complaining but, then again, if they replaced every leaking flacon they wouldn't be in business much longer! My guess would be that if they get many complaints from a certain address / country, they may just stop shipping there - have seen it happen.
    Ya that's the one. I never received an email saying I'm screwed if this happens. Like I mentioned above I don't mind some leakage, I am a reasonable person but not to that extent. Thanks for your reply!

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    345,950

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    I'm sorry this happened to you. I guess you have to weigh how much trouble it is for you to return it to get satisfaction.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  5. #5
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'm sorry this happened to you. I guess you have to weigh how much trouble it is for you to return it to get satisfaction.
    Thanks for the reply. You would presume that if you can buy something there should be procedures in place to return that item if there is a problem. If there was some sort of disclaimer on these products saying "Chance of leakage, no returns" that would be fair enough but there is no such thing. And I never received a warning email from them like the above member did. Sounds like a dubious business practice sending emails like that to customers after a purchase!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    That sucks. I would just go ahead and utilize whatever customer protections you have. I had a similar thing happen here in the States with fragrancenet, and I just filed my claim on PayPal. Don't trust a company to do the right thing, and don't work yourself up stressing about communication with the company. Either they fix it immediately, or you file a claim imo.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    That sucks. I would just go ahead and utilize whatever customer protections you have. I had a similar thing happen here in the States with fragrancenet, and I just filed my claim on PayPal. Don't trust a company to do the right thing, and don't work yourself up stressing about communication with the company. Either they fix it immediately, or you file a claim imo.
    Thanks for the reply. Ya, I think this is the way to go really. When they are taking days to respond you know something is amiss with the company!

  8. #8
    Dependent Davem81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    3,033

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Smell-A-Lot View Post
    Thanks for the reply. You would presume that if you can buy something there should be procedures in place to return that item if there is a problem. If there was some sort of disclaimer on these products saying "Chance of leakage, no returns" that would be fair enough but there is no such thing. And I never received a warning email from them like the above member did.
    Agree with this. I've only very briefly handled a Creed flacon so I'm not entirely certain of their make-up, but I do own another large stopper-flacon, and I certainly wouldn't consider it suitable for sending through the mail - the chance of leak would be extremely high. I'd expect a fragrance retailer to be fully aware of such issues, and to act accordingly.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    I have never received nor heard of anyone receiving a Creed flacon that did NOT have leakage. Typical is 5-10ml. It would not surprise me at all to have 10ml leakage in a 500ml Creed flacon. More than that, I'd probably say something. There are ways to pack these with a bunch of parafilm to stop it.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by ddddmike View Post
    I have never received nor heard of anyone receiving a Creed flacon that did NOT have leakage. Typical is 5-10ml. It would not surprise me at all to have 10ml leakage in a 500ml Creed flacon. More than that, I'd probably say something. There are ways to pack these with a bunch of parafilm to stop it.
    I have 3 and none of them leaked at all. They were quite hard to actually pull the stopper
    Selling decants in US, Tom Ford, Creed, Bortnikoff, MFK, and more!

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/478...-Lush-and-more

  11. #11
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by ddddmike View Post
    I have never received nor heard of anyone receiving a Creed flacon that did NOT have leakage. Typical is 5-10ml. It would not surprise me at all to have 10ml leakage in a 500ml Creed flacon. More than that, I'd probably say something. There are ways to pack these with a bunch of parafilm to stop it.
    I have previously bought 3 before this. 1 had about 10-15ml leakage. The other two were perfect. I didn't complain about it as I am a reasonable person. But I think half the bottle could be gone in this one. That's a lot of juice!

  12. #12
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by succio View Post
    I have 3 and none of them leaked at all. They were quite hard to actually pull the stopper
    Ya I had to use a .5kg weight plate and a towel to bang two of them open!

  13. #13
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by Davem81 View Post
    Agree with this. I've only very briefly handled a Creed flacon so I'm not entirely certain of their make-up, but I do own another large stopper-flacon, and I certainly wouldn't consider it suitable for sending through the mail - the chance of leak would be extremely high. I'd expect a fragrance retailer to be fully aware of such issues, and to act accordingly.
    They look nice but they really aren't fit for transport!

  14. #14
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Smell-A-Lot View Post
    Ya I had to use a .5kg weight plate and a towel to bang two of them open!
    Yeah the stopper is hard to get off but still leaks. Take a perfect flacon in the box. Put the box on your clothes drier upside down and run the drier 8 hours, or throw it upside down in the trunk of your car and go make 100 quick turns. I'll bet you have leakage.

    If it's half gone, that's no good. Seller needs to take care of the situation. It's just sad because all they need to do is wrap the top part tight around and around with Parafilm. That keeps the leakage to a minimum.

  15. #15
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by ddddmike View Post
    Yeah the stopper is hard to get off but still leaks. Take a perfect flacon in the box. Put the box on your clothes drier upside down and run the drier 8 hours, or throw it upside down in the trunk of your car and go make 100 quick turns. I'll bet you have leakage.

    If it's half gone, that's no good. Seller needs to take care of the situation. It's just sad because all they need to do is wrap the top part tight around and around with Parafilm. That keeps the leakage to a minimum.
    I agree that doing something like that would solve a lot of the leakage problems. I got an email today with a new order number but no information on tracking. I dunno if they are sending me a new one. It's a bit funny that they haven't contacted me to say they are sending a new one, if that is the case.

  16. #16
    Basenotes Junkie LatinNote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    622

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Are flacons really worth all this trouble? Seriously. That's something I am glad to avoid!
    Top Five Faves in my Wardrobe:
    1. Imitation Man -Amouage
    2. Michael for Men (vintage) -Michael Kors
    3. Fille en Aiguilles -Serge Lutens
    4. Memoir Man -Amouage
    5. Sunshine Man -Amouage
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

  17. #17

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by ddddmike View Post
    Yeah the stopper is hard to get off but still leaks. Take a perfect flacon in the box. Put the box on your clothes drier upside down and run the drier 8 hours, or throw it upside down in the trunk of your car and go make 100 quick turns. I'll bet you have leakage.

    If it's half gone, that's no good. Seller needs to take care of the situation. It's just sad because all they need to do is wrap the top part tight around and around with Parafilm. That keeps the leakage to a minimum.
    You cannot wrap the top part of the bottle is parafilm as that makes it no longer a "new" product in the eyes of a customer. I agree though that Creed flacons are not great. That little cheap emblem falls off the top and requires regluing, and like others are saying a brand new falcon can be difficult to open.

  18. #18
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by LatinNote View Post
    Are flacons really worth all this trouble? Seriously. That's something I am glad to avoid!
    I'm beginning to think the same!

  19. #19
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    You cannot wrap the top part of the bottle is parafilm as that makes it no longer a "new" product in the eyes of a customer. I agree though that Creed flacons are not great. That little cheap emblem falls off the top and requires regluing, and like others are saying a brand new falcon can be difficult to open.
    Surely a simple redesign of the stopper could solve this. Doubt Creed is arsed honest!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Just received a flacon of GIT from the retailer in question yesterday......all good thankfully!

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    You cannot wrap the top part of the bottle is parafilm as that makes it no longer a "new" product in the eyes of a customer. I agree though that Creed flacons are not great. That little cheap emblem falls off the top and requires regluing, and like others are saying a brand new falcon can be difficult to open.
    The retailer in question already puts assorted (and seemingly random) 'stuff' around the stopper - mine yesterday had some packaging plastic sellotaped around it. If they'd just pony up for some Parafilm, it would help a lot (although it's not miraculous either - a large leak of solvent (i.e. alcohol) effectively dissolves it).

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Smell-A-Lot View Post
    Surely a simple redesign of the stopper could solve this. Doubt Creed is arsed honest!
    Creed just buy them in. I had a flacon of Le Labo Santal 33 and I'd bet good money Le Labo are using exactly the same flacons.

  21. #21
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    So what I thought was a new order number was just an email with the same order number. They usually send you this right after you make the order and you get a similar one with your shipping number after that. However, it looks like like I never got that email the last time and it's been sent to me 13 days later. They wanted pictures for DHL on the 16th and I got that email on the 18th so I thought things were moving forward but just seems to be a coincidence.

  22. #22
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by Drzava View Post
    Just received a flacon of GIT from the retailer in question yesterday......all good thankfully!


    The retailer in question already puts assorted (and seemingly random) 'stuff' around the stopper - mine yesterday had some packaging plastic sellotaped around it. If they'd just pony up for some Parafilm, it would help a lot (although it's not miraculous either - a large leak of solvent (i.e. alcohol) effectively dissolves it).


    Creed just buy them in. I had a flacon of Le Labo Santal 33 and I'd bet good money Le Labo are using exactly the same flacons.
    Ya just googled a Le Labo 500ml and they look just the same!

  23. #23
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Absolutely agree the manufacturer is at fault. I truly don't understand some of these companies that make perfumes with MSRP of several hundred or even a thousand $ or Euros and won't take the trouble to build a sturdy box, or secure the liquid, etc. And yes, that is mainly Creed. Terrible.

  24. #24
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    So just an update, I've since escalated this to a claim. The seller left it until the last day (today) to respond to PayPal. And now bizarrely, they have emailed me outside of paypal asking me to open the box and film the process. To be honest I don't feel comfortable doing this because it should be PayPal asking me at this point.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Smell-A-Lot View Post
    So just an update, I've since escalated this to a claim. The seller left it until the last day (today) to respond to PayPal. And now bizarrely, they have emailed me outside of paypal asking me to open the box and film the process. To be honest I don't feel comfortable doing this because it should be PayPal asking me at this point.
    Do not do anything unless Paypal asks you to. There is zero benefit to doing so, but there is a potential for the seller to use anything you give them against you. Paypal is a service in which you pay fees to use, and part of that service is the process of filing claims. I would not contact the seller anymore, and only use the Paypal platform going forward with this problem.

  26. #26
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    255

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    You cannot wrap the top part of the bottle is parafilm as that makes it no longer a "new" product in the eyes of a customer. I agree though that Creed flacons are not great. That little cheap emblem falls off the top and requires regluing, and like others are saying a brand new falcon can be difficult to open.
    I bought one Creed flacon and was astonished to see that the stopper was merely glass on glass - had I known they made them that way I would not have purchased it. Somehow it managed the cross-country journey with no leakage though. I immediately put some parafilm on it. Interestingly, the badge fell off the cap of mine as well. I never did get around to re-gluing it since it's not on display, but I haven't lost track of it, so someday...

    While I realize that there may be all types of passionately expressed reasons why some type of gasketing is abhorrent to the concept of glass flacons at the point of manufacture, that stops making sense when so much commerce is through shipping services and no longer anywhere near as much through boutique stores. This isn't like some blemish on your $97 pair of rain-forest kapok bark fibercloth pants; "slight leakage is normal for this product packaging" is in no way acceptable.

    And if it has leaked, then the contents that remains in the bottle is evaporating even if the bottle is upright.
    Currently wearing: Island Voyage by Nautica

  27. #27
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    Do not do anything unless Paypal asks you to. There is zero benefit to doing so, but there is a potential for the seller to use anything you give them against you. Paypal is a service in which you pay fees to use, and part of that service is the process of filing claims. I would not contact the seller anymore, and only use the Paypal platform going forward with this problem.
    Ya I was thinking the same. It's of absolutely no benefit to me doing this. They could have me this week's ago at the dispute stage but chose not to respond! Thanks for the advice!

  28. #28
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    Quote Originally Posted by ascotnot View Post
    I bought one Creed flacon and was astonished to see that the stopper was merely glass on glass - had I known they made them that way I would not have purchased it. Somehow it managed the cross-country journey with no leakage though. I immediately put some parafilm on it. Interestingly, the badge fell off the cap of mine as well. I never did get around to re-gluing it since it's not on display, but I haven't lost track of it, so someday...

    While I realize that there may be all types of passionately expressed reasons why some type of gasketing is abhorrent to the concept of glass flacons at the point of manufacture, that stops making sense when so much commerce is through shipping services and no longer anywhere near as much through boutique stores. This isn't like some blemish on your $97 pair of rain-forest kapok bark fibercloth pants; "slight leakage is normal for this product packaging" is in no way acceptable.

    And if it has leaked, then the contents that remains in the bottle is evaporating even if the bottle is upright.
    Exactly. If you are not using it for a split, you really need add something to prevent evaporation over time!

  29. #29
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    So got this from paypal today:

    "Please provide any information we ask you to send us within 10 days. If we don't hear back from you within this time frame, we may decide this case in the seller’s favor.
    To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization. You may choose to contact your local law enforcement agency (such as your local police or sheriff's department) or you may choose to file a report with any other governmental agency of your choice.

    Filing a report with a law enforcement agency or government organization

    Contact a law enforcement agency or other governmental organization (either in person or online) to report the issue
    Report specific details regarding the item you received
    You must obtain a copy of a report from the law enforcement agency or governmental organization and provide it to PayPal
    The report must contain the following information:
    It should be on the agency's or organization's letterhead or contain a stamp or seal or some other information that indicates the report is official documentation
    It should clearly explain the details of your issue
    It must include the agency's or organization's contact information
    Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller."

    Anyone else been in a similar situation?

  30. #30
    Basenotes Member Sir Smell-A-Lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Received leaking creed flacon from authorised Creed seller

    So got an email from Paypal earlier saying I'll get a full refund if I refund the item. Not sure how I'm going to send a leaking flacon back to France.




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st October 2017, 09:13 PM
  2. Bought Creed flacon online, received it with 30% of liquid lost
    By KiatBkk in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21st April 2013, 05:05 PM
  3. just received my first creed
    By Amir in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19th January 2010, 03:19 PM
  4. Creed 17 oz Flacon?
    By AnthonyDG in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 15th February 2009, 06:48 PM
  5. Has anyone used this UK ebay Creed seller?
    By calexs in forum Online Shopping
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th June 2007, 07:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000