Code of Conduct

Default Tiziana Terenzi Ecstasy or ???

Hi BNers -

I've just started looking into niche fragrances. Some suggestions and reviews lead me to Tiziana Terenzi Ecstasy. I like pine, incense and sandalwood notes, so I think I would like the fragrance. I can get it from the discounter for $125.

Would anyone have a stronger recommendation for someone just starting to get into niche, without going to far over $125? My wardrobe is up-to-date, so recommending anything in my vein would be appreciated.

Thnx Soda

Default Re: Tiziana Terenzi Ecstasy or ???

Quote Originally Posted by soda View Post
    Hi BNers -

I've just started looking into niche fragrances. Some suggestions and reviews lead me to Tiziana Terenzi Ecstasy. I like pine, incense and sandalwood notes, so I think I would like the fragrance. I can get it from the discounter for $125.

Would anyone have a stronger recommendation for someone just starting to get into niche, without going to far over $125? My wardrobe is up-to-date, so recommending anything in my vein would be appreciated.

Thnx Soda

I own Ecstasy, and while it's nice, it's definitely not one of my faves. Ecstasy is more rose centric than anything. You can smell the pine, but this is more a rose fragrance to my nose.

If you like pine and incense, I'd recommend you check out Pineward Perfumes. Murkwood is an amazing fir, spruce, and incense fragrance. In fact, I think it's the best one I've ever smelled when it comes to that combo. There are many others that are amazing as well. The whole Pineward line of fragrances is for conifer lovers, so it will definitely scratch that itch for you. You can find the Pineward Perfumes thread in the General Fragrances discussion...
    Currently wearing: Indolis by Areej le Doré

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    I own Ecstasy, and while it's nice, it's definitely not one of my faves. Ecstasy is more rose centric than anything. You can smell the pine, but this is more a rose fragrance to my nose.

If you like pine and incense, I'd recommend you check out Pineward Perfumes. Murkwood is an amazing fir, spruce, and incense fragrance...
    I do also like rose, and have been looking to add a rose scent to my collection. Is there anything else that holds you back from liking Ecstasy more?

I'l check out Pineward, their fragrance look so resinous.

I was trying to order from one of the Canadian discounters. CDN $$$ isn't doing great right now. It's cheaper to order local.

Basenotes Institution

I like ecstasy but perhaps sample first if you can.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I can get it from the discounter for $125.
    That's a good price.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I do also like rose, and have been looking to add a rose scent to my collection. Is there anything else that holds you back from liking Ecstasy more?

I'l check out Pineward, their fragrance look so resinous.

I was trying to order from one of the Canadian discounters. CDN $$$ isn't doing great right now. It's cheaper to order local.
    I do like Ecstasy, I'd just prefer the pine note to be more forward than the rose, but that's just me. I agree that trying a sample might be a good idea to see if you like it.
    Currently wearing: Indolis by Areej le Doré

I would love to sample first, but there's nobody locally carrying Tiziana Terenzi fragrances. I might be riding high on making some great blind buys lately, but maybe I should hold off.

The notes sound like they would work for me; and the reviews sound so positive. I've just been getting excited to try something more niche.

[2x post]

I would love to sample first, but there's nobody locally carrying Tiziana Terenzi fragrances. I might be riding high on making some great blind buys lately, but maybe I should hold off.

The notes sound like they would work for me; and the reviews sound so positive. I've just been getting excited to try something more niche.
    In the same olfactive range, you might want to try:

Serge Lutens - Fille en Aiguilles
    Goutal - Encens Flamboyant
    La Curie - Incendo
    Imaginary Authors - A City on Fire

Only the last 2 might be spotted under $100.
    That said, I would support others who advise you not to blind buy the Terenzi: it's a sweet rose with fir resin in the background. I own it, and might sell it soon.

As per me incense loving tastes, I love Encens Flamboyant (a churchy atmospheric incense with the resins reminding of the church's polished wooden benches - not a sharp dark incense).
    A bit sweeter would be Incendo (has won a prize). Not a fan as it is a bit sweeter, but between that one and the Terenzi I would definitely go with La Curie. They have a decently priced sample kit, that would also allow to discover their other scents - a very interesting indie house imo.