Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I just tested 88 Women with various fragrances - This is what they had to say in 2021 - PART 3

So this morning I did a ANOTHER little lab experiment and tested 88 Women who I work with. I brought a bunch a fragrances with me for them to smell and this is what they had to say. Note* 88 were not in the room at the same time obviously. The Majority of these fragrances was mini samples I had and put in my bag. I started testing at 5am this morning and ended it around 10:00 AM

Emporio Armani Stronger With You Absolutely EDP - "sexy" "amazing" "addictive" "nice man"
    Dolce & Gabbana K - " K" "ok nice" "generic" " I can't smell it"
    Celine - Nightclubbing - "club" "lounge" "sexy" "smells familiar" " I love this"
    Minuit et Demi - "candy smell" "bad" "no" "generic" "too strong" "yikes"
    Tiffany & Co Tiffany & Love For Him - "generic" "nice" "classic" "suit & tie"
    Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir - "medicine" "bad" "slimey" "rough" "dirty"
    Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne - "nice" "bright" "Onion"
    Kenzo pour homme - "water" "sea" "sea weed" " Sea urchins" "Sea Ass"
    CHANEL Allure Edition blanche - " Toilet Man" "lemon cleaner" "lemon grass" "strong" "clay"
    CHANEL BOY - "classic" "ok" "errands" "nice I guess"
    YSL kouros - "pubic hair" " DING a LING" " gross" "no" " pee pee" "rotten"
    Givenchy Gentleman - "classic" "nice" "love this" "I would wear this" loved by everyone
    Dior Eau Sauvage - "dated" "citrus" "smells good" "tangy sharpy" pretty much liked by everyone
    Issey Miyake L’Eau D’Issey - "water" " I can't smell it" "basic" "generic" "piss smell"
    Terre d’Hermes - "nice" "old man" "smelly old man" "dated" "no" " don't spray that again"
    Tom Ford Noir Extreme - "nice" "sexy" "cake" "cake treat" "love" "wow" universally loved
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather - "nice" " I can't smell it" "brick" "cocaine" "synthetic" "moneysmells"
    D&G the One EDT - "sexy" "good man" "love" "sensual" they loved this just like the EDP
    Maison Martin Margiela Replica Jazz Club - "sexy" "oh baby" "lounge " "sexy man" "club" " "cigars"
    John Varvatos Artisan - "sporty" "fruit cup" "love" "I cant smell it" mostly loved by everyone
    Bottega Veneta Pour Homme - "Pine tree" "pine cone" "rough" "forrest"
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis - "no" "no" "strong" "stop"
    Tom Ford Bitter Peach - "can of peaches" "stop & shop peaches" "real peaches" "too strong"
    Acqua Di Parma Signatures Of The Sun Oud eau de parfum - "gross" "dirty" "nasty" 2 people liked it
    Jaguar Pace - "gross" "I can't smell it" "smells fake" "smells spoiled" "shower gel pad"
    CH Bad Boy - "love" "warm" "sexy as F" "can I get that for my bf ? " Everyone LOVED this
    Roja Parfums Scandal - "no" "too strong" "slimey" "synthetic"
    Frederic Malle Rose & Cuir "disgusting" "ewww" "no" "barf"
    Maison Margiela Replica Whispers In The library - "elegant" "subtle" "I like this" "it's ok"
    Bentley for Men Absolute - "sexy" "warm" "really love smell"
    Lacoste L'homme Intense - "addictive" "growing" "it's ok" " I can't smell it"
    Initio Oud for Greatness - "Caca Smell" " poo poo pee pee" "disgusting"
    Creed Elrofa - " Sail boat" "water" "nice smell" "Sexy" "fresh"
    Molecule 01 - "I can't smell it" "no smell" "whiff of air" "air dryer"
    Armani Code Absolue - " 3d smell" " cloy" "cloying" "sweeet" "Sexy honey"
    Byredo Pulp - "gross" 'fruit tree" " disgusting" "doo doo smell"
    Fragrance One Date for Men - "nothing special" "I have smelled this" "ok" "strong"
    Fragrance One Unisex - "I like it " " too much Cinnamon" "Cinnamon gross" "chewing stick"

Default Re: I just tested 88 Women with various fragrances - This is what they had to say in 2021 - PART 3

Love the continuing updates, but when do you actually work at work. lol
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Default Re: I just tested 88 Women with various fragrances - This is what they had to say in 2021 - PART 3

Women who look like Kylie Jenner working at 5am? Interesting...

81mOotNrgGL._AC_SY450_.jpg
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Heaven's made of oakmoss

" Poo poo pee pee" ROLMAOOOO
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

Dependent

Nice.

Initio Oud for Greatness - "Caca Smell" " poo poo pee pee" "disgusting"

This is very informative and well versed.

Entertaining but not scientific
    Thank you God for guiding me the way you want to guide me.

Troll ban in 3...2...1...
    My opinions in weblog form: FragranceReviewer.com
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Interesting job that affords you the opportunity to take 5 hours to get these opinions

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    Troll ban in 3...2...1...
    not a troll I was outside for several hours having women smell the fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by CH MEN PRIVE View Post
    not a troll I was outside for several hours having women smell the fragrances
    Where do you work? Not too many young women are working at 5 in the morning.

The only possible thing I can think of is some kind of door security, but even then...how the fuck are you asking 88 women to smell 30 fragrances while you're at work?

Basically, pics or it didn't happen.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

"No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Where do you work? Not too many young women are working at 5 in the morning.

The only possible thing I can think of is some kind of door security, but even then...how the fuck are you asking 88 women to smell 30 fragrances while you're at work?

Basically, pics or it didn't happen.

I used to be a parking lot attendant, probably could’ve pulled it off at that kind of job.

Either way we’ve gotten firmly into “weird flex, but ok” territory
    “I have often observed that [scents] cause an alteration in me and work upon my spirits according to their several virtues; which makes me approve of what is said, that the use of incense and perfumes in churches, so ancient and so universally received in all nations and religions, was intended to cheer us, and to rouse and purify the senses, the better to fit us for contemplation” - Montaigne

If none of the women ended up immediately taking off their panties and throwing them at you and then dry humping you, then the fragrances are all obviously terrible.

0_yee-because-he-didnt-laugh-after-being-forced-into-fire_3755JPG.jpg

I can believe the women smelled some of the fragrances but not all. You need to work more on the math, son.

[edit]
    in case people outside the UK are wondering what the pic refers to - it's from a favourite TV show

https://youtu.be/_bWt__tV-Zg?t=15
    Last edited by Maxtesti; 18th February 2021 at 09:26 PM.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

88 women? Dude where do you work? Do you interact with the public at your job or are they all employees as well? The math.......
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Again, the selection of scents tested impresses through its variety and the diversity of reactions
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Not surprised about the reactions to Jazz Club.
    But very surprised that they liked Bentley for Man Absolute.
    I have sold my bottle as it smells annoyingly synthetic and I don't see it on par with Gucci PH I quality wise.

Basenotes Plus

472a93e8a557c5cd3d5fe3bd1b06a276.jpg

88 women in 5 hours this morning, plus the other 2 testing days?......I'm going with TSA agent

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain

My main thought was... during the pandemic? Doesnt seem conducive to this type of test.
    Current Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    Creed Royal Oud
    Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    MFK Grand Soir
    Roja Dove Elysium Cologne
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Creed Viking
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais
    Currently wearing: XJ 1861 Naxos by Xerjoff

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    88 women? Dude where do you work? Do you interact with the public at your job or are they all employees as well? The math.......
    The credibility is slipping here fast.

88 women? All of them slipping off Covid masks to smell test samples?
    Over 35 samples "in my bag"? Do they apply the sample to themselves? Do you use test strips?

Not buying into this.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

More interesting results.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

Definitely trolling, we don'y buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Definitely trolling, we don'y buy it.
    not trolling this is my third testing day

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Not surprised about the reactions to Jazz Club.
    But very surprised that they liked Bentley for Man Absolute.
    I have sold my bottle as it smells annoyingly synthetic and I don't see it on par with Gucci PH I quality wise.
    I myself think it's synthetic

so as you can see they HATE oud

"CH Bad Boy - "love" "warm" "sexy as F" "can I get that for my bf ? " Everyone LOVED this"

You've got me interested in this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtesti View Post
    "CH Bad Boy - "love" "warm" "sexy as F" "can I get that for my bf ? " Everyone LOVED this"

You've got me interested in this now.
    I like the smell tbh, not the biggest OMFG smell but hey...... can't deny the results lol
    It's not better then CH Prive but its in the realm of dark and IDGAF

And yes one of them did comment on the lightening bolt design

Quote Originally Posted by CH MEN PRIVE View Post
    And yes one of them did comment on the lightening bolt design
    At least CH did a good job matching the tacky Good Girl heel design for the Men's version.

Btw. I prefer the regular CH Men and the Grand Tour flanker over Privé. But that's just a matter of taste.