Code of Conduct

Default Elixer Attar Iris Chypre vs Sultan Pasha Irisoir

Hello guys,

I am a big fan of Iris and planning to add an iris attar to my collection. For those who tried both, which one do you prefer? Also, if there is another iris attar that is as good, please share it with us.

Default Re: Elixer Attar Iris Chypre vs Sultan Pasha Irisoir

I'm also a huge fan of iris. I (sadly) haven't tried Iris Chypre yet due to the high cost of the samples + shipping, but I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and order one of the sample sets soon.

Irisoir is a very wet, powdery iris. It's beautiful beautiful, but to me it feels very dressy and a touch feminine. I don't mean that as a negative, it just is a very specific kind of fragrance. You could contrast this with the iris SP uses in Thebes I (and that you find in other fragrances like Iris Silver Mist), which is dry, sharp, and melancholy.

On your journey, you may also want to check out Ensar's Iris Noir attar, which as of right now is on sale. (I also haven't tried this one yet, as no samples were available when I tried.) It's in that same all or near natural wheelhouse.

If others know of more iris fragrances in this world, please share them!

Quote Originally Posted by cpatrick44 View Post
    I'm also a huge fan of iris. I (sadly) haven't tried Iris Chypre yet due to the high cost of the samples + shipping, but I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and order one of the sample sets soon.

Irisoir is a very wet, powdery iris. It's beautiful beautiful, but to me it feels very dressy and a touch feminine. I don't mean that as a negative, it just is a very specific kind of fragrance. You could contrast this with the iris SP uses in Thebes I (and that you find in other fragrances like Iris Silver Mist), which is dry, sharp, and melancholy.

On your journey, you may also want to check out Ensar's Iris Noir attar, which as of right now is on sale. (I also haven't tried this one yet, as no samples were available when I tried.) It's in that same all or near natural wheelhouse.

If others know of more iris fragrances in this world, please share them!
    I think Sultan Pasha is my favorite attar maker in general. I have and love Irisoir and I have and love Iris Chypre(I believe Elixirís best). Iíd say that Sultan Pashaís is very much as cpatrick44 describes it. Very classical French perfumery elegant and soft... juicy Iris, luscious with a soft edge that could certainly be read as feminine. Itís a tribute to the famous Iris Gris by Jacques Fath.

The elixir offering is fresh, custardy and has a bright springy facet that reminds me of lavender, jasmine and Ylang Ylang. It almost skews in a Bogue direction with a bit of benzoin glowing up the base.

I guess I probably think the Sultan Pasha one is slightly more artistic and the elixir one is an easier wear.

I donít know if that helps.

Iris Chypre is my all time favorite iris scent, so i would say that one. I found Irisoir a little too powdery.

All Is Beautiful

I prefer Iris Chypre as it's much more rounded classically. Irisoir is a little quiet for me and not as well rounded.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Thanks guys this was very helpful. I think I will go with Iris Chypre for now but will add Irisoir in the future. I also found Irisoir a little quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Balushi View Post
    Thanks guys this was very helpful. I think I will go with Iris Chypre for now but will add Irisoir in the future. I also found Irisoir a little quiet.
    I find Irisoir quite soft but lately when I wear it, it really seems to waft around me a lot. I wonder if it’s a perception thing. If I use just the slightest dot, I get more from it than full swipes give me.