Code of Conduct

Default Summer recommendations

Hi to everyone! I'm new here, and pretty new to the fragrance culture.

My interest started quite recently after finishing my previous cologne, I went to a store and tried some samples, and I really liked the opening of D&G K edt, so I bought it. I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the way it develops though.

I know that it's a simple and "boring" fragrance for many, but I really like the opening of D&G K edt, so I was wondering if you can recommend a fragrance that smells like it in the drydown as well, for the summer?

Also, I recently tried Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi edp, because I would like something that smells like mandarin for the summer months, but I was a bit disappointed. Do you know anything that smells like when you are eating a ripe mandarin, and you open it and the juice creates a nice citrusy and a bit sweet smell in the air, and then you smell the oils of the skin on your hands? Tom Ford's didn't really remind me of that.

Thank you!
    Francesco

Default Re: Summer recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by frabenfe View Post
    Hi to everyone! I'm new here, and pretty new to the fragrance culture.

My interest started quite recently after finishing my previous cologne, I went to a store and tried some samples, and I really liked the opening of D&G K edt, so I bought it. I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the way it develops though.

I know that it's a simple and "boring" fragrance for many, but I really like the opening of D&G K edt, so I was wondering if you can recommend a fragrance that smells like it in the drydown as well, for the summer?

Also, I recently tried Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi edp, because I would like something that smells like mandarin for the summer months, but I was a bit disappointed. Do you know anything that smells like when you are eating a ripe mandarin, and you open it and the juice creates a nice citrusy and a bit sweet smell in the air, and then you smell the oils of the skin on your hands? Tom Ford's didn't really remind me of that.

Thank you!
    Francesco
    Hey and welcome!

First of all, don't worry if people find something that you enjoy boring. The most important is to trust your nose and enjoy what you like no matter what others say!
    Now, could you maybe point out what is what you did not like in the dry down?
    Maybe you could try

Dior Homme cologne (great juicy citrus)
    D&G light blue intense have mandaring, Grapfruit and juniper but is more aquatic
    Eau d'Orange by Hermes is a classic orange scent, bit more mature
    Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain (do not get thrown of by the Female branding, it is quite unisex)
    Un Jardin En Mediterranee by Hermès

All should be easily found, I would suggest to first sample on strip, and if you like or at least are intrigued, try on skin before buying. This might need few trip into shop but it is worth it

Basenotes Institution

Bergamatto Marino is a nice one.

Thanks for the recommendations, I’ll look for them!
    Regarding K, I find that the fresh orange smell that you get in the beginning disappears into a generic freshness, more earthy and definitely less citrusy if I had to describe it

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Mandarine Glaciale
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

Acqua di Parma Colonia.

Acqua di Parma Chinotto di Liguria and Arancia di Capri
    John Varvatos Artisan Pure
    Hermès Eau D’Orange Verte

You might already know or have PR 1 Million but the opening of it is great and I personally think it has great development and it’s not boing at all.
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

While unfamiliar with the respective D&G scents, also adding Mandarine Ambree by Hermes, Jaguar for Men (green bottle) by Jaguar, Monotheme Venezia Mandarino, to a possible (re) testing list

I just tried John Varvatos Artisan Pure and D&G light blue intense but I find them too pungent. Light blue intense is the one I prefer between the two, but I'd prefer something more rounded... Maybe something with a touch of sweetness.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind!

I just tried John Varvatos Artisan Pure and D&G light blue intense but I find them too pungent. Light blue intense is the one I prefer between the two, but I'd prefer something more rounded... Maybe something with a touch of sweetness.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind!
    Maybe the Chanel Allure homme sport (my fav is the eau extreme, which is NOT extreme). They are citrusy but with a smooth vanilla touch to round it all up

I would recommend trying Acqua di Parma Arancia di Capri. A nice simple citrusy scent.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

for a mixture of sweet mandarin and some bitter citrus you could try Mandarina Corsica L'Artisan Parfumeur

Mandarina_Corsica_bottle-2.jpg

I think this fragrance house does samples through the post.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by Mark.B View Post
    for a mixture of sweet mandarin and some bitter citrus you could try Mandarina Corsica L'Artisan Parfumeur

Mandarina_Corsica_bottle-2.jpg

I think this fragrance house does samples through the post.
    Nice! They don't have this one available as a sample unfortunately.

I have some samples that I bought online a few days ago so I'll try them and add your suggestions! Today I tried Chanel allure homme sport cologne, which is a nice and simple lemon, terre d'hermes, and Acqua di Parma colonia intensa

I must say I haven't tried K from D&G, but here are a few other fragrances worth trying if you enjoy mandarin / blood orange :

Atelier Cologne - Orange Sanguine
    Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    Shay & Blue - Blood Oranges

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Mark.B View Post
    This is a good option.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Cedrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne - for me this is ornage in a bottle. seems to last quite a while on me and gets a lot of positive comments

I find Terre d‘Hermès Eau Très Fraîche a very nice tangy Orange.

And yes, definitely try the Acqua di Parma Colonia line (Assoluta being my favorite) and their blue mediterraneo line (Chinotto di Liguria - yummy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know anything that smells like when you are eating a ripe mandarin, and you open it and the juice creates a nice citrusy and a bit sweet smell in the air, and then you smell the oils of the skin on your hands?
    Try Acqua di Parma Colonia Pura.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Try Acqua di Parma Colonia Pura.
    Colonia Pura is excellent but the last of the Colonias that I would associate with Mandarine/citrus. It‘s a salty fresh fragrance that‘s in my opinion far from what the OP describes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugufish View Post
    Colonia Pura is excellent but the last of the Colonias that I would associate with Mandarine/citrus. It‘s a salty fresh fragrance that‘s in my opinion far from what the OP describes.

I find that it has a very realistic mandarin peel opening. (I eat mandarins almost every day, so the smell is very familiar to me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    I find that it has a very realistic mandarin peel opening. (I eat mandarins almost every day, so the smell is very familiar to me.)
    Fair enough. We all perceive perfumes differently and that‘s the beauty of it .

Pura is an odd one. Super fresh, salty accord, great summer scent (I have it). But personally I wouldn‘t have put it in the Colonia lineup like this - I find it too different. And with „only“ bergamot and Orange as listed notes (at least as per Parfumo notes listing) I do think it misses the citrusy freshness that the other „yellow“ colonias have. But then again, I am totally team Assoluta, so I might be biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugufish View Post
    Fair enough. We all perceive perfumes differently and that‘s the beauty of it .

Pura is an odd one. Super fresh, salty accord, great summer scent (I have it). But personally I wouldn‘t have put it in the Colonia lineup like this - I find it too different. And with „only“ bergamot and Orange as listed notes (at least as per Parfumo notes listing) I do think it misses the citrusy freshness that the other „yellow“ colonias have. But then again, I am totally team Assoluta, so I might be biased.

Yeah, my favorite is Assoluta.

Pura feels to me like a sophisticated citrusy aquatic (ala Heeley Note di Yuzu, but without the seeweedy touches). Doesn't really resemble the rest of the line.

But I do get a very clear, defined mandarin peel opening (which blends nicely with the salty tones of the rest of the fragrance). It's a salty orange scent.

As far as the orange fragrance you’re looking for, my recommendation would be to try Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine.
    Spring Wardrobe: H24, Green Irish Tweed, Viking, Allure Homme Edition Blanche, Prada L'Homme, Dior Homme, Acqua di Gio Profumo, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cool, New York Intense, The Orchid Man, Fahrenheit, 1962, Carven L'Eau Intense, Beau du Jour, Pear + Olive
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

For mandarin essence , until now i didnt find anything better than Roja Britannia, the scent last for over 9-10 hours

Ripe mandarin: Moschino Fiends if you can find some
    Guerlain Mandarine Basilic is excellent, but not so realistic like Friends.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

+1 for Atelier Orange Sanguine

My first thought was orange sanguine as well

Yes, You can get awesome and reliable coupon codes from Fiverr. Which You can use on the Fiverr and get maximum discount on the purchase of Fiverr. On Our site, you will get the latest*Fiverr coupon*and These coupons are verified then published on our site.So that the coupons are useable