Code of Conduct

Default Some help with Heeley Esprit du Tigre

Namely, would I like it? I am thinking of blind buying in a set, there's nowhere I can try it and it took ages with the post and little samples the last time.
    I'm always the one for unusual, spicy and herbal perfumes and I've read a lot of reviews, but I'm just not sure if this is really a "different beast", or only "a bit unsafe for office wear", since most Heeleys are subtle and light.
    Is there some mainstream perfume it's similar to, so I could compare?
    Any clue is appreciated very much, thanks!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Some help with Heeley Esprit du Tigre

I can't say whether or not you'll like it, but I can tell you I own and love it, and have worn it to the office and was fine.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I can't say whether or not you'll like it, but I can tell you I own and love it, and have worn it to the office and was fine.
    Thanks so much for your reply!
    Yes, I know no one can tell me really if I will like a scent without trying, I was setting the tone for the subject.
    No, no, no, it doesn't have to be suitable for the office, the more unsuitable for office, the better.
    My line of though was - is this really strikingly unusual - or is it only "not that suitable for office" unusual, since all the Heeleys I've smelled are so subtle that they are definitely suitable for the office. Enough with the office now...

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Same here. It is a bit of a wil-o-the wisp, meaning that it doesn't have amazing longevity, but I love this fragrance and wear it to the office all the time.
    Currently wearing: Berlin im Winter by Baruti

I have the sample (in fact I have all Heeley samples, they‘re easily available on his website for cheap - I am surprised you have a hard time finding it).

Unlike hednic, I don‘t like it at all and I definitely wouldn’t recommend it for office; but that‘s personal taste I guess. To me it smells like „tiger balm“ that medicinal rub you got as a kid on your chest when you had the cough.

If a sample is too little and a full bottle is too much, I suggest buying the 3x15ml for €75 (or 5x15ml for €125) gift set Heeley offers. It‘s really cool. The bottles are high quality miniatures and you can put together your own set. That way you risk much less and still have plenty to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

The scent of Esprit du Tigre is medicinal, like tiger balm, but it adds a bit of an extra set of herbal notes. For me the scent is addicting, especially when I'm in the mood to smell it. I have an entire shaving set built around Esprit du Tigre. I never looked into Esprit du Tigre until someone on the forum recommended it when I asked about finding a medicinal scent after having really loved the smell of Thayers "Medicated" Witch Hazel. The "medicated" version smells absolutely addictive to me and I use it as the aftershave in the shaving set for Esprit du Tigre.

So, it really depends on if this scent appeals to you personally. I don't think it's for everyone, but for those like myself who really find the medicated smell addictive, it's a fantastic fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugufish View Post
    I have the sample (in fact I have all Heeley samples, they‘re easily available on his website for cheap - I am surprised you have a hard time finding it).

Unlike hednic, I don‘t like it at all and I definitely wouldn’t recommend it for office; but that‘s personal taste I guess. To me it smells like „tiger balm“ that medicinal rub you got as a kid on your chest when you had the cough.

If a sample is too little and a full bottle is too much, I suggest buying the 3x15ml for €75 (or 5x15ml for €125) gift set Heeley offers. It‘s really cool. The bottles are high quality miniatures and you can put together your own set. That way you risk much less and still have plenty to wear.

Thank you for your answer!
    I know I can order little samples, I already did with some other Heeleys, but I wasn't considering this one at the time. It took them a month to arrive with the post, so that's why I don't want to order little samples again, but to build a set, I don't feel like waiting for samples, than waiting for a set, blah blah...
    There is no shop where I can try it out, that's what I meant.

Default Some help with Heeley Esprit du Tigre

Quote Originally Posted by Mai7 View Post
    Thank you for your answer!
    I know I can order little samples, I already did with some other Heeleys, but I wasn't considering this one at the time. It took them a month to arrive with the post, so that's why I don't want to order little samples again, but to build a set, I don't feel like waiting for samples, than waiting for a set, blah blah...
    There is no shop where I can try it out, that's what I meant.
    Yeah, easy. I understand it can be a pain sometimes. Wasn‘t meant to call you out, sorry if that came across wrongly.

And you seem to know about the sets. I just had one ordered recently and the bottles are really cool. So go for 75.- and you get to try three. 15ml holds quite a while and then you really know if you like it

Quote Originally Posted by Fugufish View Post
    Yeah, easy. I understand it can be a pain sometimes. Wasn‘t meant to call you out, sorry if that came across wrongly.

And you seem to know about the sets. I just had one ordered recently and the bottles are really cool. So go for 75.- and you get to try three. 15ml holds quite a while and then you really know if you like it

No, no, you were just trying to be helpful.
    With Heeleys transparency and airiness, I think that a 15 ml bottle will last me about tree weeks, lol, if I like the perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai7 View Post
    No, no, you were just trying to be helpful.
    With Heeleys transparency and airiness, I think that a 15 ml bottle will last me about tree weeks, lol, if I like the perfume.
    That is a very valid point