Code of Conduct

Default Did I get carried away in 2018 ? L'eau Bleue D'lssey Pour Homme and others.

Hi all,

I just finished performing a Hotmail inbox mail search attempting to find out exactly when I had purchased (mostly from FragranceNet) the many Colognes presently in my collection. I discovered (much to my surprise) that it has already been three years this Month that I sort of "lost control" and my falling down the "Rabbit Hole" and began ordering quite a large number of Fragrances to replace my old collection of nearly depleted Colognes. If I counted correctly, I purchased twenty two bottles of Cologne from FragranceNet (over perhaps a five month period). In addition to ordering from FragranceNet, I also ordered from (Santa Maria Novella) directly and God know what/where else I purchased (and I'm not even counting all the "Decants and Samples"I ordered during this period). As if this weren't enough, I acquired many other Colognes as well as many "Vintage Perfumes" from the likes of "Thrift Shops/Flea Markets" in order to rebuild my collection. Tonight, I am wearing something I haven't reached for in a long time. I sort of have a "Love/Hate" relationship with "L'eau Bleue D'lssey Pour Homme". My current bottle (2018 purchase) is a replacement bottle for my depleted bottle from many years past. Tonight, I'm LOVING "L'eau Bleue D'Issey PH". I however think the "Bleue" in the title gives a false impression of this Issey. That is to say, I tend to think of the term "Bleue" meaning an Acuatic type Summer Fragrance. I do NOT think "Bleue" fits that description whatsoever it being VERY strong and (if sprayed too much) OVER powering! That being said, I'm very much enjoying "Bleue" this evening. I tend to think of "Bleue" as a "Winter" Fragrance. Now, I have to really start revisiting the other 22 Fragrances I've purchased in 2018 (to say nothing of the current purchases I have recently made). Too much ? Nah.

SixCats!

L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzing
    by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    eau de toilette spray 3.4 oz

Sables
    by Annick Goutal
    eau de toilette spray 3.3 oz.

Boucheron
    by Boucheron
    eau de parfum spray 3.3 oz

Lorenzo Villoresi Firenze Piper Nigrum
    by Lorenzo Villoresi

Penhaligon's Castile
    by Penhaligon's

Cabochard
    by Parfums Gres
    eau de parfum spray 3.4 oz

Serge Lutens Chergui
    by Serge Lutens
    eau de parfum spray 1.6 oz

L'Artisan Parfumeur Mechant Loup
    by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Le 3rd Caron
    by Caron
    eau de toilette spray 4.2 oz
    for Men

Bogart
    by Jacques Bogart
    eau de toilette spray 3 oz
    for Men

Havana
    by Aramis

Cerruti 1881
    by Nino Cerruti

L'Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu
    by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Burberry London
    by Burberry
    eau de toilette spray 3.3 oz (new) *tester

L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzing
    by L'Artisan Parfumeur

L'Artisan Parfumeur Al Oudh
    by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    eau de parfum spray 3.4 oz

Yatagan
    by Caron
    eau de toilette spray 4.2 oz

Kouros Body
    by Yves Saint Laurent
    eau de toilette spray 3.3 oz

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme
    by Issey Miyake
    eau de toilette spray 2.5 oz

Heritage
    by Guerlain
    eau de toilette spray 3.3 oz *tester

One Man Show
    by Jacques Bogart
    eau de toilette spray 3.3 oz

Bogart Pour Homme
    by Jacques Bogart

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Did I get carried away in 2018 ? L'eau Bleue D'lssey Pour Homme and others.

To answer the thread question - you did very well!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Did I get carried away in 2018 ? L'eau Bleue D'lssey Pour Homme and others.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    To answer the thread question - you did very well!
    Ooh, THANK YOU kind Sir! Trust me hednic, if it weren't for the help/input/suggestions/recommendations of my wonderful fellow Basenote members, I'd of been lost for the most part. Also note, that the large majority of Fragrances I purchased were either "On Sale" and/or "Closeout Prices" which is my usual approach when it comes to purchasing Colognes.

SixCats!

Hi all,

Oooh, I forgot to mention, thankfully, I very much enjoy (most) all of the above listed Colognes with one big EXCEPTION, that being "Burberry London by Burberry". Ugggggh. Despite all the rave reviews, this is one Cologne I just did NOT like! Thankfully, "London" was purchased very "cheap" on my part and being sold as a "Tester". I soon gave it away. Please note, this is not meant to be a "slam" to those here at Basenotes who might happen to love "London" (as I surely know, "London" has MANY MANY Fans). Sometimes however, when it's not right, it's not right (such as was the case for yours truly).

SixCats!

Hi all,

Oooh, I forgot to mention, thankfully, I very much enjoy (most) all of the above listed Colognes with one big EXCEPTION, that being "Burberry London by Burberry". Ugggggh. Despite all the rave reviews, this is one Cologne I just did NOT like! Thankfully, "London" was purchased very "cheap" on my part and being sold as a "Tester". I soon gave it away. Please note, this is not meant to be a "slam" to those here at Basenotes who might happen to love "London" (as I surely know, "London" has MANY MANY Fans). Sometimes however, when it's not right, it's not right (such as was the case for yours truly).

SixCats!

I think that list is great..however I think you are wrong about London. I think it's fantastic. Smells like Christmas to me. Could be Burberry's best scent. Needs a little bit more of a punch performance wise but it's a stellar release. Please tell me what you don't like about London.

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    Tonight, I'm LOVING "L'eau Bleue D'Issey PH".
    Of course you are, because it's a masterpiece and quite original, especially for a designer release.

I however think the "Bleue" in the title gives a false impression of this Issey.
    If blue = aquatic, then yes, I agree. But I remember someone once commenting that the dark blue bottle reflects the MOOD of the fragrance well.
    Spray less, love more.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    I also ordered from (Santa Maria Novella) directly

A shot in the dark ....

(A SixCats favourite if my memory serves me correctly ).

Quote Originally Posted by Foamywax View Post
    I think that list is great..however I think you are wrong about London. I think it's fantastic. Smells like Christmas to me. Could be Burberry's best scent. Needs a little bit more of a punch performance wise but it's a stellar release. Please tell me what you don't like about London.
    Hi Fw,

Truthfully, I can't recall what I didn't like about "London" as it was over three years ago. I'm sure I thought it was an "ok" (small letters ok) but, on the whole, no doubt, "London" I guess this is why in general I LOVE all my "Animalic/Strong/so called "Stinky" Fragrances. I tend to gravitate to the "Animalic, Woody, Chyper" Fragrances as opposed to Fragrances that are "Fruity, Sweet, Floral". When it comes to the "Sweeter side" of Fragrances, I can enjoy some however, I find it has to have just the right balance least I have this averse reaction. Example : Annick Goutal "SABLES", LOVE it! Hana Mori, not so much.

SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by motorcade View Post
    Of course you are, because it's a masterpiece and quite original, especially for a designer release.

If blue = aquatic, then yes, I agree. But I remember someone once commenting that the dark blue bottle reflects the MOOD of the fragrance well.
    Hi motor,

Excellent points on both accounts! I had really forgotten how excellent is "Bleue". That being said (even for yours truly) a "little Bleue" goes a looong way!
    Great Fragrance and ahead of it's time! Oooh, I see "Bleue" being sold at BARGAIN prices.

SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    A shot in the dark ....

(A SixCats favourite if my memory serves me correctly ).
    Hi JON,

I believe you are correct! I (presently) own two Santa Marian Novella Colognes : Acqua di Cuba and (the Masterpiece) "Nostalgia". More "SMN" to come in the future!

Good memory Sir JON!

SixCats!