Code of Conduct

Default Cheap, or cheaper, Spring/Summer scent

I tend to separate my colognes based on weather. Heavier fragrances for fall and winter and lighter fragrances for summer and spring. For early spring I have Comme des Garçons 2man. I have Tom Ford Grey Vetiver for late spring and summer

I have had Acqua di Parma Colonia and liked it but it only lasted three hours on me. Essenza was nice but I kind of grew tired of the white floral. I’ve had variations of the Zegna exclusive line, I’ve tried Chanel Allure Homme Sport and the Sport Cologne but did not like it Atelier Cologne scents i have tried but they didn’t last any better then the Colonia.

Some of the scents I am considering are Christian Dior Eau Savage Parfum and a variant of Dior Homme, Drakkar Noir, or Hermès Bel Ami Vetiver, Mugler Cologne, and some form of Issey Miyaki Homme. I might revisit say Acqua di Gio Chanel Pour Monsieur is a possibility but I worry about lavender. Lavender is nice to me as a supporting know but I don’t want it to be too prominent and get into the barbershop realm

The Tom Ford will be my main sent to wear to the office as it last pretty long and it’s in offensive. But I want something that I can wear to dinner or Saturday afternoons or even to the office.

I’d like to stay at or near $100 or less for 3.4 ounces. Fragrancenet is where I usually order and I have a Sephora, Macy’s, and a Dillards.

I like them with a lot of projection and the last as long as possible. Drakkar and the Colonia seem to reactivate later in the day when I sweated. I don’t know if any of the Chanel’s will last more than four hours but given if they are on the high end of my limit, I’d certainly want them to last longer. Fragrance mnet does not have the 3.4 ounce size of Mugler cologne Or else I could buy the Drakkar and the Mugler

I enjoyed the projection and the longevity of Mancera’s Cedrat Boisee but after I put it up one year and brought it out the next year in the summer, the love affair with it left. I did like wearing Lubin Idole in the summer. Guerlain Homme Boisee was so light and fleeting on me, or otherwise I would’ve kept it.

So I thought I would throw this out there, yet again, and see what the current thoughts are. It may be that someone suggest two bottles that come in under $100, or just the one bottle.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Cheap, or cheaper, Spring/Summer scent

Mugler Cologne

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    I am considering Mugler Cologne
    That would be a good one to opt for.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I'd try Mugler Cologne as well. Very pleasing daytime, casual or office scent, but would not be my choice for a dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by clamnole View Post
    I'd try Mugler Cologne as well. Very pleasing daytime, casual or office scent, but would not be my choice for a dinner.
    Ok, dinner scent then?

And anyone, where are some good places to get the 3.4 oz / 100ml bottle of Mugler Cologne, and should I get the newer Mugler cologne or the older one? If Frangrancenet has that size, I could get it and something else.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I'd suggest two from CdG - Vettiveru and Odeur 71.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I'd suggest two from CdG - Vettiveru and Odeur 71.
    Good call on Vettiveru and one I have smelled. I live in the same city as a former bigtime poster here, Jock with Scents and he sold me a bottle. More than 10 years ago. It was very fleeting, lasted less than the AdP Colonia, but wow, given the price, it was great for running to dinner in the summer, or a Saturday morning cologne. I looked online for it maybe 18 months ago, if I recall rightly, and it was a little more scarce to find. Given that I had Grey Vetiver, I was looking at the time for more of a citrus or non-vetiver scent

I have tried various versions of Terre d'hermes. I always sold them. Got samples of Dior Homme Cologne (whitefloral more than citrus on me, but Wife liked) and the Homme Sport.

Basenotes Plus

When it comes to Eau Sauvage Parfum either the 2012 or 2017 versions are great. I like the 2017 version the best because for me it's a more casual scent. For a good budget spring and summer fragrance I think Fragrances of Ireland Patrick is hard to beat.

Mugler Cologne or L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme would work.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFrank75 View Post
    For a good budget spring and summer fragrance I think Fragrances of Ireland Patrick is hard to beat.
    This. It's a very under-rated scent and for the price you can't go wrong.

EDIT: Milano Cento for Him is another cheap scent that should not be overlooked.

I have to mention 2 under-rated, off the radar frags here - Joop Jump and Diesel Only The Brave. They're cheap and good for spring days!

Colonia is tops, but some people do have issues with longevity. You might try Penhaligon's Castille which is another quality citrus warm weather scent.
    Currently wearing: H.M. by Hanae Mori

Maybe new Hermes H24?

Maybe Colonia Club? Not a beast, but not the worst.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Dior homme cologne