Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Chanel Allure Homme Sport still good?

hi guys, I had chanel allure homme sport back in the days and i remember it was very solid in performance, for me it's the best chanel till date, i don't like the other flankers including eau extreme.

Is the performance of AHS still good? thinking of repurchasing it. if anyone has tried latest batches, plz do comment about longevity and sillage and do include the batch year. Thanks!

Default Re: Chanel Allure Homme Sport still good?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncrowned View Post
    hi guys, I had chanel allure homme sport back in the days and i remember it was very solid in performance, for me it's the best chanel till date, i don't like the other flankers including eau extreme.

Is the performance of AHS still good? thinking of repurchasing it. if anyone has tried latest batches, plz do comment about longevity and sillage and do include the batch year. Thanks!
    I have it

It's not a beastmode fragrance but should give you 6 to 8 hours and moderate projection.
    AHS Extreme is certainly stronger and lasts longer.
    You could also try Versace pour Homme as a cheaper alternative but that one is also not a performance monster.

I have a bottle from over 10 years ago and it had great performance. In my opinion the more recent bottles aren't as strong as the earlier bottles but the difference isn't too significant.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I have a bottle from over 10 years ago and it had great performance. In my opinion the more recent bottles aren't as strong as the earlier bottles but the difference isn't too significant.
    If you have such an old bottle I guess there's already a lot of alcohol evaporated from the bottle so the concentration of the fragrance oils have increased so the sprayer pumps out more of the actual fragrance oils per spray.
    Also the more volatile top notes fade away by time which gives the impression that a fragrance is stronger because the heart and base notes pop more out when freshly sprayed on.

True. That’s why I’m asking about the current formulations.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Is the performance of AHS still good?
    IMO yes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Good to hear, would like to hear more opinions though. Especially on the sillage / longevity. I don't wanna fill a room, but atleast 3-4 feet projection / trail would be good.

i bought eau extreme last year and lasts well all day.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I had Eau extreme, gave it away. It becomes very warm / soft in the drydown. Does not stay fresh as the opening. That's why I'm interested to know some solid opinions on Allure Homme Sport.

I had Eau extreme, gave it away. It becomes very warm / soft in the drydown. Does not stay fresh as the opening. That's why I'm interested to know some solid opinions on Allure Homme Sport.
    AHSEE is more mandarin/mint/sage in top and heart, more tonka heavy in the base (and therefore sweeter), original AHS is more citrussy (mandarin and neroli), less tonka heavy (so the musk comes through more).

You can say that the original AHS is somewhat fresher, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    If you have such an old bottle I guess there's already a lot of alcohol evaporated from the bottle so the concentration of the fragrance oils have increased so the sprayer pumps out more of the actual fragrance oils per spray.
    Also the more volatile top notes fade away by time which gives the impression that a fragrance is stronger because the heart and base notes pop more out when freshly sprayed on.
    No signs of evaporation from what I can tell. Same can be said with my other vintage Chanel bottles. I did spray it again and it smelled exactly how I remembered it smelled all those years ago when it was new.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

It still has a good performance for a fresh scent. Above average.
    I donít understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

No signs of evaporation from what I can tell. Same can be said with my other vintage Chanel bottles. I did spray it again and it smelled exactly how I remembered it smelled all those years ago when it was new.
    Can't argue with that however remembering a smell can also fool you.
    You would know more precisely if you really compared your old bottle with a brand new one.

Provided that nothing has really been changed with the formulation.
    In general, Chanel has a very high quality standard and is also one of the manufacturers where I can hardly smell any differences between different batches.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    In general, Chanel has a very high quality standard and is also one of the manufacturers where I can hardly smell any differences between different batches.
    The more significant differences with Chanels can be seen with their classics: Egoiste, Antaeus, and Pour Monsieur. If you do a side to side comparison between a vintage and the current stuff. Some folks like myself would strongly suggest they're vastly different while others may suggest they're not too different. It's all subjective to our noses. I did see a significant difference between the early and later Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDT cologne concentree bottles. I recommend trying the classics if you've never done so before.

The more significant differences with Chanels can be seen with their classics: Egoiste, Antaeus, and Pour Monsieur. If you do a side to side comparison between a vintage and the current stuff. Some folks like myself would strongly suggest they're vastly different while others may suggest they're not too different. It's all subjective to our noses. I did see a significant difference between the early and later Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDT cologne concentree bottles. I recommend trying the classics if you've never done so before.
    Of course I agree with you.

However I wanted to relate my statement to batches from one year, i.e. the typical batch-to-batch tolerances that are known from other manufacturers.
    It is clear that a vintage Antaeus smells a little bit different than the current formulation. But I also think the current Antaeus is very good, as is the longevity.

I also used to wear Egoiste in the 90s and it still has a place in my heart, but I rarely wear it nowadays.

So the AHS, does it project good? I don't wanna fill a room, but atleast 3-4 feet projection / trail would be good.

Not good anymore.
    Dated. Used to be amazing. Like
    A pair of bell bottoms from another era
    Thank you God for guiding me the way you want to guide me.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Not good anymore.
    Dated. Used to be amazing. Like
    A pair of bell bottoms from another era

You’re getting old.
    I donít understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

From a personal viewpoint alone, tending to second any opinion so far about still getting decent performance from this scent