Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Friday, 26th February, 2021

Scent of the Day Thread for Friday, 26th February, 2021

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Thursday, 25th February, 2021 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Thursday, 25th February, 2021 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Eau de Soin by Lancaster

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Friday, 26th February, 2021

Gengis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

A combination of ordering some new clothes for our autumn/winter and the fact that I'm curious to see how well the Marie Kondo method has worked for me in terms of "do it once properly and never have to do it again" has prompted me to go through the process again while I give our house a super cleaning which I do every spring and autumn. I know it has worked well but want to know just how well! So, I'm starting this today and I'm in sync with 24 Boulevard St Germain EDT by Diptyque.

Happy Friday all and hugs to all!
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

Bel Ami
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

Basenotes Institution

More than Words by Xerjoff

Basenotes Plus

Moving day for Giancarlo and I - what a long story I have about that...the back and forth with the Landlord. Another time - at the moment I'm surrounded by boxes. I will be wearing lots of Shalimar. Sorry khanada - not in kitchen sink (sync) lol. ((bear hugs)) all around
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

hello all,
    M7 Fresh

Common Lackey

Don't sprain anything today, Mike!

Yesterday's CAT scan was quite the little adventure. I'd been nervous about it, because I'm pretty claustrophobic, but it was so easy that afterwards I was embarrassed about my prior fears. They inject you with a dye to make your veins and arteries show up on the scan, and just before injecting it, the radiologist said "As soon as this hits your bloodstream, your whole genital area is going to flush hot and you'll feel like you peed your pants." And that's exactly what happened. Biggest thrill I've had in weeks.

Syncing today in the only kitchen-sinky bottle I own:

Safari (1990) by Dominique Ropion for Ralph Lauren

27th day of Chanel Egoiste EDT
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Hello all

Occur! by Avon
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all. Glad to hear the scan wasn't too traumatic, Cook.bot

There may be a frost this morning but it does feel as though spring is arriving early this year. Wall to wall blue skies, daffodils and crocuses are in bloom and we have even been watching a few birds starting to gather nesting material. It is nice to have some respite from the unrelenting dreich that has been almost omnipresent for the past few months.

Happy khanada day

In synch with Roja Dove 51 Pour Homme: lemon, bergamot, lavender, geranium, rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, violet, galbanum, pink pepper, caraway, cinnamon, nutmeg, saffron, patchouli, oakmoss, cedarwood, cashmere wood, sandalwood, oud, benzoin, vanilla, opoponax, birch, labdanum, leather, ambrette, musk.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Friday, 26th February, 2021

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

Morning all, & good luck with the move, mike!

Cook.bot, l never knew that about the contrast dye! Glad it wasn't too bad for you.

Feel better soon, all those with shoulder issues! My shoulder is twingeing again now that l'm back in my usual role, but for me it's preferable to the agonising foot pain that l had over the last few weeks. Yep, l'm feeling back to normal.

Jon, we had a frost here too, but it's shaping up to be a glorious spring day, & the birds are singing like crazy.

For the "kitchen synch" & for my late shift, l'm wearing Ashoka, & it's perfect for early spring.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Awaiting spring

Blog Entries

Tell us your landlord story when you're ready, Mike, and then tell us about how wonderful your new place is.

Cook.bot, I know "the feeling." I have to get scanned every three months for surveillance. Wishing you good results.

CuddleCat, this is what I told my surgeon during our initial consultation on how aggressive I wanted to be about his removing organs and tissue: "Do you know of organizer Marie Kondo who said, 'If you don't love something, get rid of it?' Well, that's my answer to the options you're giving me."

I'm getting shot at Walgreens this morning and anticipating a different sort of sore shoulder from joint/tendon sufferers Ine, teardrop, kotori, Trilby, Robin (do I have that right--five of you?) *and* my daughter who's going through PT. I'm glad I held out for this location, which is just two miles away. I'm going to stuff a pillow between me and the seatbelt and drive myself! I haven't driven since early December.

I'll spare the drugstore staff and patrons any perfume. Upon my return, I'll join the kitchen sink-ronization in Opium.

Mandarin, Bergamot, Plum, Hesperides, Clove, Coriander, Pepper, Bay, Pimento; Jasmine, Rose, Carnation, Lily of the valley, Ylang ylang, Peach, Orris, Cinnamon, Myrrh; Vanilla, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Myrrh, Opopanax, Labdanum, Benzoin, Castoreum, Amber, Frankincense, Musk, Tolu, Cedar, Vanilla, Olibanum, Cistus
    No one knows what their tomorrow will bring.
    Currently wearing: Mira Baï by Chopard

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Mike, best wishes to you and Giancarlo in your new home.
    Healing vibes to all in need. Quarry good luck and go gently. I had my second jab a couple weeks back and I still have a bit of redness and warmth at the injection site. Nothing to rethink getting vaccinated, though.

In synch with Donna Karan Black Cashmere: notes include saffron, masala spices, white pepper, clove, nutmeg, pimento berries, broom flower, patchouli, rose, Somali incense, wengue wood, bois de miel, labdanum.

Wish you all a good day and weekend to come.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Hermès Hiris today
    3x2(nyz)4a

Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
    --John Keats
    Currently wearing: Carven Homme by Carven

Hello, everyone, happy moving Mike and Giancarlo, glad your scan experience wasn't too traumatic, Cook.bot (and your sync fragrance has me missing my bottle that I Marie Kondo'd a few years ago - and now regret!), hoping Jon is still in vacation mode, mazal tov to the Qs on getting vaccinated, and general good vibes to all.

In sync with Jean Patou 1000.

Have a fabulous Friday!

1000 fragrance notes: Osmanthus, Tarragon, Angelica, Bergamot, Coriander, Bulgarian rose, Green notes, Grasse jasmine, Geranium, Lily of the valley, Iris, Eucalyptus, May rose, Mysore sandalwood, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Violet, Vetiver, Civet, Musk, Amber.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    hoping Jon is still in vacation mode.
    He most certainly is

SotE - Black Orchid.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

Currently wearing: Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermès

Smell Good, Feel Good

SOTM
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News, Plan B
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious s***." ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Mike, very best wishes for you move today!

I'm in sync with sotd Casmir today. It doesn't have so many notes listed on Basenotes as some others, but it has everything in a complex base--

Base notes--- Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Castoreum
    She who laughs last.....

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    I'm in sync with sotd Casmir today. It doesn't have so many notes listed on Basenotes as some others, but it has everything in a complex base--
    Your post inspired a fit of nostalgia that drove me to look up Casmir in The Guide. I had a brief but torrid affair with it in the late '90s, so apparently I had a spell in my pre-hobbyist days when I didn't detest opulent orientals. Turin was surprisingly generous to it, calling it "as daring as Rabanne's La Nuit was in its day", but "has to be worn by the right person to work properly." I recall it having rather luxe pricing when I was buying it, so was shocked to see that now 100ml bottles can be had for less than $20. I'll have to dig around to see if I have an old bottle somewhere, just to give it a memorial sniff.

Basenotes Plus

8B04E7A8-6DCC-4C7E-A639-FAEF104209B5.jpg

Have a great day everyone.

I went to the doctor this morning and he told me to take it easy a few days. Mike, good luck with the moving. That can be a real hassle! As promisedI'm synching in a real Kitchensink - perfume.... Opium Have a great evening everyone

I am synchronized in Jailia, happy sunny friday smell, the smooth citrus angel.

A happy Friday to everyone.

Sillage Monster

I'm wearing the figgy Debaser today. It's a very successful blind buy from DS & Durga.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Between two pine trees

Mike, best wishes to you and Giancarlo for a smooth move! Maybe you can look forward to choosing the inaugural cocktail for your new digs!

Gentle hugs for ((Quarry)). I'm hoping for a symptom-free round 2 for you, dear heart!

Because I'm an earnest nerd, I actually counted listed notes in some of my fragrances. My decant of Diaghilev registered 31, MEM has 23 (26 if you count the different lavender varieties), Halston has 18, and my mini of Panthere de Cartier parfum has 17.

I'm synching with MEM: Petitgrain, mandarin, grapefruit, lavender (4 different species), ylang ylang, lily of the valley, white champaca, jasmine grandiflorum, rose damascena, bourbon geranium, vanilla, peppermint, laurel, Siam benzoin, rosewood, sandalwood, Himalayan cedarwood, labdanum, ambergris, musk, castoreum, civet, amber

Also, I saw a cardinal and heard a meadow lark singing when I went on my late afternoon walk yesterday. I think spring is thinking about springing!
    Currently wearing: Vert des Bois by Tom Ford

Mike, moving is horrid even if it goes well. Hoping yours went as smoothly as possible.

I wore Amouage Gold early this morning to drop Dapper off at the vet for his neuter surgery but I've changed to LouLou for the synch. Shycat, I wore Casmir for a long time, I still have a little purse-sized parfum somewhere. It was a great fragrance.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.