Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default How vintage is this Brut ?

    Hello all ! I've searched on BN, but wasn't able to find out.

    Does anyone know how vintage is this Brut bottle, IF it is vintage ? It says "Original", as mentioned on the second picture.

    Furthermore, is it a GO, or a NO GO for you ? Would you wear it ? Is it close to the original ?

    Thank you very much, have a nice day !

    Brut1.jpg

    Brut2.JPG
    Currently wearing: L'Homme by Roger & Gallet

  2. #2

    Default Re: How vintage is this Brut ?

    All I can say is my current bottle, which I just bought new for under 5 euros looks identical, EXCEPT for the "Faberge, Paris" text on the glass, which is missing on mine.
    Spray less, love more.

  3. #3
    Heaven's made of oakmoss
    Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,501

    Default Re: How vintage is this Brut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Sté View Post
    Hello all ! I've searched on BN, but wasn't able to find out.

    Does anyone know how vintage is this Brut bottle, IF it is vintage ? It says "Original", as mentioned on the second picture.

    Furthermore, is it a GO, or a NO GO for you ? Would you wear it ? Is it close to the original ?

    Thank you very much, have a nice day !

    Brut1.jpg

    Brut2.JPG
    I have the same bottle as this with "Fabergé", and it's fine and smells great! Parfums Prestige, who makes Brut in Europe, has also made the classic tall green bottle with the medallion and that version is VERY close/similar to vintage. Lots on eBay:
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

  4. #4

    Default Re: How vintage is this Brut ?

    Thank you very much, Motorcade and Marand75 !
    Currently wearing: L'Homme by Roger & Gallet

  5. #5

    Default Re: How vintage is this Brut ?

    I just want to add that as for this current iteration of the "Original" EdT (without "Faberge, Paris" embossed on the bottle), I was prepared to dislike it. Which is why I was hesitant to blind buy it even at that ridiculously low price.

    First off, it's not as sweet or stuffy that I (for some reason) expected. I don't have any historical baggage or negative childhood associations with Brut personally (although this does smell familiar somehow), so to me it's quite surprisingly more fresh than "old man". Longevity isn't great but I knew to approach this more as an eau de cologne.

    Naturally, the older stuff must be even better.
    Spray less, love more.

  6. #6

    Default Re: How vintage is this Brut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcade
    Longevity isn't great but I knew to approach this more as an eau de cologne.
    It's exactly what I was saying to myself after spraying it on a paper. It smells very fresh, but the lasting is very poor, which is a no go for me, unfortunately.
    Currently wearing: L'Homme by Roger & Gallet

  7. #7
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    340,372

    Default Re: How vintage is this Brut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Sté View Post
    Would you wear it ?
    No, but only because I don't like the fragrance, and not because of its age.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  8. #8

    Default Re: How vintage is this Brut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Sté View Post
    It's exactly what I was saying to myself after spraying it on a paper. It smells very fresh, but the lasting is very poor, which is a no go for me, unfortunately.
    Interestingly, inspired by this thread, I sprayed once on the back of my hand and now several hours later it's still holding on quite nicely and smells very pleasant. I'll have to give this a few more full wearings to form a more definite opinion on longevity. And just as a reminder, mine is NOT vintage.
    Spray less, love more.

  9. #9

    Default Re: How vintage is this Brut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by motorcade View Post
    Interestingly, inspired by this thread, I sprayed once on the back of my hand and now several hours later it's still holding on quite nicely and smells very pleasant. I'll have to give this a few more full wearings to form a more definite opinion on longevity. And just as a reminder, mine is NOT vintage.
    Thank you for your experience ! I'll give a try next week, by wearing it.
    Currently wearing: L'Homme by Roger & Gallet




Similar Threads

  1. Brut Classic vs. vintage (?) Brut by Fabergé
    By Colin Maillard in forum Vintage Perfume
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 26th July 2018, 05:42 AM
  2. Vintage Brut ?
    By ckampus in forum Vintage Perfume
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th February 2016, 08:34 PM
  3. Vintage Brut
    By bourbon108 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th March 2013, 11:14 PM
  4. I have Brut edt is it worth me buying Brut classic ?
    By shoulderpet in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th March 2013, 04:52 PM
  5. Vintage Brut: when were these manufactured?
    By headspace in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29th November 2010, 05:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000