Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Does Jeremy Fragrance has a misconception what it means to follow your inspiration & to be creative?

I have merged a couple Jeremy Fragrance threads: The official thread volume 2 and a thread that I now realize was started earlier about whether Jeremy is inspired and creative:

Jeremy Fragrance claims the perfumer who created "Prada L´Homme Intense" had a misconception about why people love Prada and forget to add a clear/strong "soapy touch." With that said he obviously has the misconception that a perfumer should please people and their expectations, but after all, a perfumer is a creative person and wants to portray his/her vision how the man or woman he/she has in mind should smell and should not have in mind what the average person likes most!

What is your opinion about the fragrance? I don't think Prada L'Homme Intense should be more soapy like Jeremy fragrance claims. In my opinion it is a modern and clean masculine scent that doesn't need to be "more soapy" at all. It even would make it lose it´s special confident character and would just be another mainstream-fragrance.
    Last edited by Bavard; 27th April 2021 at 11:33 AM.

Default Re: Does Jeremy Fragrance has a misconception what it means to follow your inspiration & to be creat

I haven't tried the intense version, but the regular version has quietly grown on me.

PRADA has indeed made a rep for themselves with soapy scents, some of which I like a lot.

If you like it or I like it, his opinion is extremely meaningless.
    I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Default Re: Does Jeremy Fragrance has a misconception what it means to follow your inspiration & to be creat

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    his opinion is extremely meaningless.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    This.
    +2 the guy has no impact on my fragrance journey and shouldn’t on yours or anyone’s basic knowledge on fragrances and compliments and making your own fragrance doesn’t make you a know all. I prefer the original L’Homme myself the Intense didn’t grab me and wasn’t very intense just a average take on the L’Homme line.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by flame-2020 View Post
    What is your opinion about the fragrance?
    Didn't care for it when I tried it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Jeremy once said that Prada L'Homme Intense would be Batman's signature scent.
    So he says now that the world doesn't need Batman?
    Now i am shocked!
    How dare he!

Basenotes Junkie Alonewithcologne's Avatar

He's wrong here. The Intense flanker follows a completely different idea than the original.

What I will say is that it is sometimes a bit confusing if/when a "flanker," especially one named "intense," seems quite unrelated to the original.

I don't know if that's the case with L'HOMME INTENSE or not.
    I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Basenotes Plus

I am not able to relate to Jeremy Fragrance. The appeal of youtubers is that they are charming, ordinary people that everyone can relate to. Jeremy is more suited to be a corporate sales pitch guy or ad model. Nothing wrong with that. It might appeal to young people who follow trends, but most people today are moving away from corporate advertising/influence and are more tuned into what they relate to. Jeremy likely would do better on Instagram than youtube. I don't do anything on Instagram, so he would be more likely to find his vapid, empty target audience. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate style, I just don't appreciate haughty arrogance especially when it's without substance.
    Currently wearing: Voyage by Nautica

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

One misconception of many, I'd say.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I haven't watched him in a very long time. Just comes across like a total fucking douche.

Does he still hype certain fragrances as being "panty droppers"?

Quote Originally Posted by flame-2020 View Post
    What is your opinion about the fragrance? I don´t think Prada L´Homme Intense should be more soapy like Jeremy fragrance claims. In my opinion it is a modern and clean masculine scent that doesn´t need to be "more soapy" at all. It even would make it lose it´s special confident character and would just be another mainstream-fragrance.
    Completely subjective to each individual for the fragrance and Daniel Schutz is only one individual's opinion, take it for what it is. Have yet to try Prada L´Homme Intense myself.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Junkie

The only thing that can generate more hate than people who purchase and wear Creed Aventus...........I give you Jeremy Fragrance.

READY.......AIM.......HATE!!!!!

Basenotes Plus

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    I am not able to relate to Jeremy Fragrance. The appeal of youtubers is that they are charming, ordinary people that everyone can relate to. Jeremy is more suited to be a corporate sales pitch guy or ad model. Nothing wrong with that. It might appeal to young people who follow trends, but most people today are moving away from corporate advertising/influence and are more tuned into what they relate to. Jeremy likely would do better on Instagram than youtube. I don't do anything on Instagram, so he would be more likely to find his vapid, empty target audience. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate style, I just don't appreciate haughty arrogance especially when it's without substance.
    There are some good points here. Ever since he discovered he could shake his hips, flex his abs, toss his hair and smile, the guy has tried to monetize his image, with music being his previous attempt at doing so. I give credit where credit is due, the man knows how to keep his ear to the ground and reflect what's trendy in the world of fragrance. His slow scandalous rise to prominence followed by his gradual unraveling has been entertaining and troubling to watch, as the excessive lifestyle (drugs, partys, etc) plus the business aspect of his enterprise's growth, and keeping relevant to his audience overwhelms him.

We are seeing now into a mirror darkly of how the world of fashion and influence works anyway when you run out of steam and start grasping at straws for attention. I'm not saying Jeremy Fragrance has reached epic fallen star status yet like Joan Crawford or Nicholas Cage, but he's fast becoming the fragrance YouTuber equivalent. If I were him I'd retire from pretending to be an objective reviewer and just focus on promoting his fragrance brand itself, as it's the more sincere thing to do. I don't a hate a man for having a successful hustle, but I do give pause when desperation sinks in and the seams start looking tattered and torn.

Then again, "unhinged" may be the new "cool" among FragBros, I don't know, I'm not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Now i am shocked!
    How dare he!

His opinions change more often than a baby's diaper, so this doesn't surprise me at all. Whatever he can do to catch a rise out of people, he does. That's how exhibitionism works.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Didn't care for it when I tried it.
    I don't recall if I really liked it or not, I'll have to re-read my own review hahaha.
    Last edited by Varanis Ridari; 6th December 2020 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Removed redundancy
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader

I haven’t smelled office for men intense

Actually it hasn’t been made yet

However I can 100% recommend it over Prada lhomme intense

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    One misconception of many, I'd say.
    Indeed

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Why we gotta bring Nic Cage into this, man?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by The Cologne Cabinet View Post
    Did he post this?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Why we gotta bring Nic Cage into this, man?

Right..... his performance in "Mandy", which next to nobody saw, has to buy a couple more years before total fallen status!!!

Now just waiting for those 3 or 4 guys that are very annoying and always show up, claiming anyone that criticizes jeremy is really just jealous.....

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post

If you like it or I like it, his opinion is extremely meaningless.
    +3 I would add that his knowledge regarding fragrances is lacking in areas (as is mine) which is surprising given the platform he has. This a guy who said to Tom Ford, "I love your Ambre Nuit"

It's a misconception that creating a designer fragrance usually envolves much of the perfumer's artistic expression. It should, in an ideal world, but in reality it's primarily driven by the desire to make a profit from it one way or another - a very calculated effort that most certainly takes into account the expectations of the target audience. Deliberately subverting expectations can be part of the calculation of course.
    Currently wearing: Ébène by Pierre Balmain

What baffles me more is that people have this Jeremy person in such high regards.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
    What baffles me more is that people have this Jeremy person in such high regards.
    It's entering the "I just want to see what he will do or say next" phase.....that's the beginning of the end. It is obvious that even he is getting tired of his own act....

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Now i am shocked!
    How dare he!

Funny stuff. Do you have a video where mentions it as "Batman's signature scent"? Interesting interpretation of the character "Batman".

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
    YouTube in general is overrated full of nonsense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
    I haven't watched him in a very long time. Just comes across like a total fucking douche.

Does he still hype certain fragrances as being "panty droppers"?
    Yes, exactly the term 'panty droppers" and "alpha male fragrance" are from him. He hyped "Dior Sauvage" and "Creed Aventus" and by now admitted he was paid by Dior and Creed. Nowadays he claims that his own product "Office for men" is better and more modern than both.

The term "panty dropper" was used very frequently after the release of Aventus - that was way before JF became, uh, a thing. I wouldn't wonder if both those terms would originate from that aweful "pickup artist"-crowd. I'm sure JF studied their output religiously though.
    Currently wearing: Ébène by Pierre Balmain

Quote Originally Posted by The Cologne Cabinet View Post
    It's entering the "I just want to see what he will do or say next" phase.....that's the beginning of the end. It is obvious that even he is getting tired of his own act....
    The sooner this fad dies down, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    YouTube in general is overrated full of nonsense imo.
    True, I hardly watch any review videos anymore. I'd rather read reviews from users on here.

I have to admit that it’s times like these I question my fumehead credentials. I’ve never watched this person on anything, nor do I feel particularly lead to do so. It all sounds very pathetic, whether it’s the self-anointed expertise that measures its impact by response volume or the personal spiral that apparently illicits either schadenfreude or some amygdaloidal payoff. But that’s just me.