Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Saturday, 27th February, 2021

Scent of the Day Thread for Saturday, 27th February, 2021

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Friday, 26th February, 2021 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Friday, 26th February, 2021 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: La Viola Paradise by Louis Cardin

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Saturday, 27th February, 2021

Gengis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

hello all,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,

28th day of Chanel Egoiste EDT
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Mike, hope the move went ahead without too many problems

Amouage Cristal.

Good morning.

I haven't been posting for a few days as I decided
    to dedicate an intense period of time to researching my
    ancestors online. It proved to be both highly interesting
    and hugely complex (cross-referencing marriage/birth
    certificates and census details - often written in almost
    indecipherable handwriting!) Anyway, I've gone as far as
    both sets of great, great grand-parents and written up a chart
    to share with my sisters and children. I highly recommend this
    as a project if any of you have the time to spare.

My SOTD is Anne Pliska.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Bal d'Afrique by Byredo

Hello all

Heure Exquise by Annick Goutal
    DONNA

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Saturday, 27th February, 2021

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,

Basenotes Plus

Regard Scintillant de Mille Beautes - Salvadar Dali

Cook.bot - I had a CAT scan once. It was interesting to say the least.

Mike - Keep well during your move.
    Currently wearing: Ruh by Pekji

Performing the BN salute

Blog Entries

Kewart, geneology How far back did the great, great grandparents take you -- early 1800s?

I have virtually no pain from yesterday's Moderna shot, and it was liberating simply to drive to Walgreens and then the bank with the window down to take in the spring-like air. When I got home, I received some Iris Torrefie samples in the mail from a BN sweetie. Lunch was a delectable roasted venison with carrots and a cabbage/sauerkraut mixture. The Opium I wore continued to radiate beautifully through the night. Hoping to let the good times keep rolling, I reapplied Opium today and am headed to my potting bench to play with seeds. Wishing each of you a satisfying Saturday (to borrow from ComDiva's daily alliterations blessing).
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Kewart, geneology How far back did the great, great grandparents take you -- early 1800?
    Yes right back to 1814 in one case, Quarry.
    I am so pleased you had your vaccine and a fabulous evening meal.
    Keep getting stronger!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Bal d'Afrique by Byredo

X for Men

Basenotes Plus

Mrs Q thanks for the uplifting update. If anyone deserves to keep the good times rolling, it's you

SotE - Coromandel.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 27th February 2021 at 03:39 PM.

Hello everyone Today my youngest sister and I will go to the movies to see La boheme luvebroadcasted from Paris, I think We have two cinemas in TromsÝ. This is the old one from around 1910 ish. I'm really looking forward to that Quarry, I'm glad to see you're getting better Sotd is L'heure bleue. I found it appropriate for the occasion.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD (sample)

Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Quarry, glad to hear such a good update. Xo
    Kewart that’s wonderful. I must attempt to do likewise at some point.

Muscs Koublai Khan today. Take care, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Afternoon all, & hugs to Quarry, just because!

l have the weekend off, & l'm finally scented in Donna Karan Gold after a delightful couple of hours pottering in the garden. My primroses & grape hyacinths are beginning to bloom, & it was quite warm in the beautiful sunshine. My favourite season has arrived, at last!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Narcisse Noir by Caron

Kewart, how interesting! My sister in the genealogist in our family. We seem to be mostly uninteresting Irish farmers.

Cook.bot, Dapper is a chocolate lynx bicolor and not a tuxedo. I have a tuxedo but her name is Scout. She is not dapper at all.

Quarry, congrats on driving and having a good day.

Wouldn't you know, just as Oregon was working the kinks out of their telephone vaccine appointments, the powers-that-be have decided to change everything by Monday, when I become eligible. It's going to be a fiasco, of course, so I'm resigned to waiting a bit. Wearing Ginger Piccante today.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Between two pine trees

Davidís mom is the genealogist of our family, as was my dadís older sister before she died. Davidís mom took the family tree my aunt had put together and traced back some of my dadís motherís people to Lohr am Main in Bavaria (the surname of that branch of the family was ďLohr,Ē so that made sense). She actually found my great, great, great grandfatherís baptismal record there. We visited the village the last time we were in Germany, and itís a totally picturesque little village and home to the Snow White Castle. When we toured the castle, we saw a portrait of someone with features so incredibly like my fatherís. David saw the portrait first and was utterly gobsmacked. That was such a fun experience!

Last night, we got together with one of my best friends and with Davidís best friend (they arenít a couple) for a shared birthday celebration - just after my friendís birthday, just before mine. David and I turned it into a local staycation by booking ourselves into Omahaís newly restored historic hotel, formerly The Blackstone, now The Cottonwood. Itís an old Art Deco beauty that recalls swanky 1930s Hollywood. They kept all of the original hexagonal tile in the lobby and two of the lounges, and I just love it. I wore Absolue Pour Le Soir, which a BN sweetheart shared with me, and that seemed perfect.

Too much amazing food at the steakhouse and too many great cocktails in the speakeasy lounge means Iím only now emerging from the comfy bed and feeling somewhat human. I have no idea what Iíll wear today - Iíll have to see what my abused senses will take!

Common Lackey

Kewart, don't keep us in suspense -- did you discover you're a purebred Brit, or were there any surprises?

I did similar digging a few years ago, and got one shock. I expected to find all Danish on one side, and all Scots-Irish on the other, but it turned out that one step back from my maternal grandmother, that entire side was almost entirely Native American (Choctaw). So my Scots-Irish great-grandfather married an Indian when he homesteaded in Oklahoma. I knew there were Indians in the lineage, but nobody ever talked about how prominent they were in the family. I'm guessing it was not something people bragged about at the time.

Teardrop, I can't believe England has spring blooms already. We're still deep in winter, and I thought you warmed up later than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    Cook.bot, Dapper is a chocolate lynx bicolor and not a tuxedo. I have a tuxedo but her name is Scout. She is not dapper at all.
    I think we need photos of your tribe. Maybe in the Dog/Cat thread in the Lounge?

I'm wearing K de Krizia today, a truly old-school dry, mossy chypre from Maurice Roucel's talented palette.

Sillage Monster

I'm wearing Dune today. It's among my favorite perfumes currently but I don't wear it often because I have to be in a special contemplative mood for it. It's not one for a busy, distracted day. I went through one bottle when it first came out and purchased another just last spring. I merely liked it before but now it's love.

I possess a printed and hard bound book of genealogy from my mother's side. The earliest entry is 1701 from Tenterden, England. The family emigrated to America in 1857, after a stint in Australia in 1820s - 1850s. Their ship landed in San Pedro, California.

My father's family came to Pennsylvania from the Netherlands in the early 1600s. They were Norwegian travelling on a Dutch ship and they added Van to their last name as was common at the time for settlers in New Holland. Loyalists during the revolutionary war, they emigrated to Canada and returned to the US in 1903.

I'm a Western gal. Most of my "recent" forebears lived in Colorado, Utah, and California.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

SOTE: Gengis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTE

Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

Basenotes Institution

Bulgari Black

Between two pine trees

I wore Vert des Bois for my SotE/N.

1st day of Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35