Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default doubt about dior homme sauvage parfum 2012

I have a bottle of eau sauvage parfum 2012 that I haven't used in a while.
    I would like to ask you ... since I don't remember the smell well ... does the slightly sour-citrus smell also carry over into the drydown? in addition to the ultimate ultimate smell of myrrh - giving you a bit of an old school barber. or has my perfume gone bad?

prada amber pour homme intense can be a good substitute? thank you all.

Default Re: doubt about dior homme sauvage parfum 2012

No. It's simple but dense.
    I have 200ml (2016) and 100ml (2012) bottles of this and both smell the same.
    My opinions in weblog form: FragranceReviewer.com
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by lovetribe View Post
    IMO No.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

sorry megamav friend I did not understand your answer. I asked one thing about the smell.

hednic which do you prefer?

It doesnít sound like your perfume has gone bad based on your general description. The Prada has a similar smell and vibe but itís more soapy. If you like the Dior, I think thereís a good chance you will like the Prada. Suitable replacement? Thatís up to you.

Basenotes Junkie

I have prada Amber pour homme and i love it. I read different reviews about Amber intense.i like dark vive sure. But the reviews are different on This edp. La a Good blind buy?

Tending to believe that the Eau Sauvage Perfume did not go bad, however it far more that its myrrh notes might seem a bit too linear and simple (having never been bothered by this detail so far)-also considering Prada Amber Intense too different from this one to be an accurate substitute
    Currently wearing: Derrick by Orlane

Read the title about "Dior Homme Sauvage Parfum" and just thought WTF...

Like DIor really wants to butcher Dior Homme Parfum in the most nasty way that's possible and mix it up with Sauvage...

Maybe a good layering combo for next Halloween...

I have a bottle of eau sauvage parfum 2012 that I haven't used in a while.
    I would like to ask you ... since I don't remember the smell well ... does the slightly sour-citrus smell also carry over into the drydown? in addition to the ultimate ultimate smell of myrrh - giving you a bit of an old school barber. or has my perfume gone bad?
    My blind guess is that your juice is still like it was, but memory is selective, and thus tends to remembe the "good" and delete the "bad". In a nutshell: probably not gone bad, but you remember it better than it is really.
    I haven't smelt the 2012 version, but the 2017 that I own is basically a sharp citrus on an ultra sweet vanillic elemi, with the citrus noticeable until the base. That's pretty much all what happens. It's ok, but overall unimpressive and overhyped, in my book.

It's similar to Tom Ford Noir. Possibly a remote similarity with Habit Rouge EDT, but creamier. I bought it half-blind, based on my memory when I tried it 2 years earlier, but I didn't feel the excitment I felt when I first tried it. It's a good one, but of these 3, the Prada is the one that I find to be the less interesting. It is also the weaker of these 3 in terms of performance, on my skin.

My 2cents: no, Prada Amber Intense would not be a good substitute for Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum. The best substitute for Dior ESP is Miller Harris Vetiver Insolent, imho. Similar structure in the top, but with addition of a beautiful earthy vetiver in the base. More than a substitue: an big improvement over the Dior.
    Currently wearing: Casbah by Robert Piguet

Basenotes Junkie

Really thanks to all.