Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Most worn in February 2021

Hello fellow nerdettes and nerds!

The shortest month of the year is coming to an end tomorrow, but my stats are ready to roll, and they look like this:

5 L’Air de Rien, Muscs Koublaï Khan, Rien
    4 Jeux de Peau, L’Orpheline, Yohji
    3 Comme des Garçons, Mouchoir de Monsieur

I was mostly in the mood for my biggest favourites and scents I feel cozy wearing.

What did you wear in February?
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."
    Currently wearing: Etra by Etro

Sillage Monster

Default Re: Most worn in February 2021

4 wears:
    Chanel No. 19 Poudre
    Le Lion de Chanel

3 wears:
    Black Vetyver Cafe
    Debaser

2 wears:
    Dune
    Eau Capitale
    Eau des Sens
    Grand Soir
    Pretty Machine
    Un Jardin sur le Nil

Mild weather starts early here so springtime scents dominated the list.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Gengis Khan - 56 wears
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Chanel Egoiste EDT represented my SOTM during the day time.

MOST WORN FEBRUARY 2021a.jpg
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

5x
    Bois d'encens

4x
    Prada Candy
    Le parfum de Therese
    Chypre Siam
    L'heure bleue

3x
    Chergui
    Datura noir
    Nu edp
    No 5

2x
    Le baiser du dragon

1x:Eau Duelle edp, Nahema, Mitsouko, Opium

Blog Entries

4 x Ghost

3 x Stash & Oriental Pearl

2 x L'Ombre Fauve, Royal Egyptian Amber & Honeysuckle, Sheer Obsession, lmperial Opoponax & Smuggler's Soul

1 x Cashmere Musk, Like This, Ambre Passion, Stoned, Tiptoeing Through Chambers of the Moon, lndia Cafe, Moment, MdO Vanille, Angels' Share, Santal Blush, Samsara, Alien, Cadjmere 18, Narciso, Ashoka, DK Gold & Spring Jasmine.

Total worn: 25. House of the month: a tie between Shanghai Tang & Ghost. Lots of comforting winter staples for a month that was mostly very cold & gloomy, with a few florals creeping in at the end as spring began to arrive...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

A direct copy paste from a similar thread, based on the same BN statistics in the order of most frequently worn fragrances during this particular month:

1 Zino Davidoff by Davidoff 2 wears
    2 Bogart by Jacques Bogart 2 wears
    3 Ambré Noble by Zara 2 wears
    4 Old Spice by Procter & Gamble 2 wears

With anything else getting either one or no wear over the same interval.
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

My February most worn:
    Your most worn (in the last month)

TodayIn the Last WeekIn the Last MonthIn the Last YearAll Time

1 Alaïa by Azzedine Alaïa 9 wears
    2 Oh Ma Biche by Lolita Lempicka 5 wears
    3 La Petite Robe Noire Eau Fraîche : Ma Robe Pétales by Guerlain 5 wears
    4 Alaïa Nude by Azzedine Alaïa 5 wears
    5 Today by Avon 4 wears
    6 Méharées by L'Erbolario 4 wears
    7 Insolence Eau de Toilette by Guerlain 3 wears
    8 Le Baiser du Dragon by Cartier 3 wears
    9 Samsara Eau de Toilette by Guerlain 3 wears
    10 Mad Madame by Juliette Has a Gun 3 wears

2 wears: Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier, Jungle, Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, Al Oudh, Organza, Agent Provocateur, Les Amoureux de Peynet, La vie est belle.
    1 wear: All 20 Etat Libre d'Orange samples from ELdO sample box (You Or Someone Like You, Remarkable People, Spice Must Flow, Eau de Protection were my favourites), Lait et Chocolat, Lyric Woman, Shalimar EDP, Shalimar Philtre de Parfum, Shalimar Souffle Intense, Apres L'Ondee, Eau du Coq, L'heure bleue EDT, Bvlgari Black, Guilty Absolute, Cloud, Lush Twilight, Narciso Rouge, Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT, Narciso Poudree, Black Opium Eau de Parfum Intense, Timbuktu, Noir Exquis, Classique EDP, L'Erbolario Assenzio, L'Erbolario Tiare, Versace pour femme, La Petite Robe Noire Black Perfecto Eau de Parfum Florale, Lace Noir, Blue Silk, Kenzo World.

I sampled A LOT this month and therefore didn't have the time and skin space to wear my favourites enough. I intentionally left out some of my favourites out of my rotation and will do that for March, too as I'm working from home right now and want to wear more of those scents that I usually don't wear THAT much or do not choose to wear to office usually.

I suspected to want to wear my winter orientals, vanillas, spices, ambers and big, bold and cozy scents during February - I know I couldn't get enough of them last February, and I did wear them a bit, but the truth is that I actually craved for lighter, fresher, easier to wear scents much more. Maybe it's because I'm already missing spring (February is often the coldest month and March is basically still winter here), maybe it's because I've been mostly indoors anyway and therefore the winter scents didn't get enough of cold winter air to shine, or maybe the lighter, easier scents are what's helping me cope with the world right now the best.

LPRN Eau Fraiche was a new addition to my wardrobe this month and therefore I wore it quite a lot, and Alaia, Alaia Nude, Today and Oh Ma Biche are my go-to scents right now and will be until I will finish them because to finish up more bottles is one of my goals right now. I'll be sad when Alaia Nude is gone though, I like it a lot. (I like the others too, but I feel like they're less compatible with me, so I'm using my pandemics-home-time to go through them).
    Currently wearing: Orchid Soleil by Tom Ford

Awaiting spring

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Gengis Khan - 56 wears
    ​He found the holy grail.
    No one knows what their tomorrow will bring.
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    My February most worn:
    Your most worn (in the last month)
    By my count, you had 60 full wears, plus 46 sampling tests. This boggles my mind.

I can barely get 30 full wearings in a month, with maybe a dozen or so samplings.

I can't imagine how anyone can find the time for that many different wearings. Are you showering twice a day?

Between two pine trees

Default Most worn in February 2021

I wore 30 different fragrances in February and, in terms of category, they were all over the map: amber orientals, spice orientals, woods, chypres, green florals, white florals, purple florals (iris, violet, and lavender), tobaccos, incenses, leathers, gourmands, and citruses. I'm not sure I've ever had a month with this range. Very interesting.

Serge Lutens (4), ELdO (4), Perfume d'Empire (2), and Rogue Perfumery (2) were the most represented houses, but I wore only 3 fragrances more than once:

3x - Bogue Profumo MEM

2x - Olympic Orchids Woodcut and ELdO Nombril Immense

1x - SL Un Bois Vanille, SL Fumerie Turque, TFPB Vert des Bois, CdG Incense: Zagorsk, Rogue Perfumery Derviche, ELdO Une Amourette Roland Mouret, Amouage Journey Woman, Papillon Angelique, Halston (Original), Profumum Fiore d'Ambra, Parfume d'Empire Aziyade, Nicolai Musc Monoi, SL Fils de Joie, Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt, Chanel Sycomore EDP, Diptyque Tam Dao EDP, SL Boxeuses, Rogue Perfumery Tuberose & Moss, MFK Absolue Pour Le Soir, ELdO Divin'Enfant, Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire, Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli, ELdO Jasmin et Cigarette, Givenchy Ysatis, Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Bleu, Hermes Galop d'Hermes, Mauboussin EDP
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 1st March 2021 at 02:48 AM.

February stats:

5 wears
    Eau Rose by Diptyque
    Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme
    Santal Majuscule by Serge Lutens
    Une Folie de Rose by Rosine

4 wears
    Eau Duelle EDT by Diptyque
    L'Agent by Agent Provocateur
    No. 19 Poudre by Chanel
    Santal by Fragonard
    Wood Sage & Sea Salt by Jo Malone

3 wears
    Moonlight Patchouli by VC&A
    Narciso EDP by NR
    NR for Her EDT

2 wears
    34 Boulevard St Germain EDT by Diptyque
    Coco Mademoiselle EDP Intense by Chanel
    L'Instant Magic by Guerlain
    Mon Guerlain EDP Intense
    Tiare by Ormonde Jayne

The rest were single wears.

It's been an interesting summer here. Less heat than normal, more humidity, more rain - felt more like one long extended spring than summer this year!
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Tiare by Ormonde Jayne

Awaiting spring

Blog Entries

1 Santal de Kandy by Boucheron 2 wears
    2 Opium by Yves Saint Laurent 2 wears
    3 Bel Respiro Eau de Toilette by Chanel 2 wears
    4 Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) by Hanae Mori 2 wears
    5 Porter Sa Peau by Roberto Greco 2 wears
    6 Jasmin Antique by Rogue Perfumery 1 wears
    7 Mousse Illuminée by Rogue Perfumery 1 wears
    8 Fleur Narcotique by Ex Nihilo 1 wears
    9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 1 wears
    10 Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka 1 wears
    11 With Love by Guerlain 1 wears
    12 Boucheron by Boucheron 1 wears
    13 Les Elixirs Charnels - Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain 1 wears
    14 Remember Me by Jovoy 1 wears
    15 Œillères by Roberto Greco 1 wears
    16 Macchia Mediterranea by Borsari 1870 1 wears
    17 Aria di Capri by Carthusia 1 wears
    18 Rose Flash by Tauerville 1 wears
    19 Meet Me on the Corner by 4160 Tuesdays 1 wears
    20 Zdravetz by Bruno Fazzolari 1 wears
    21 Grandiflora Madagascan Jasmine by Grandiflora 1 wears
    22 VRAI by Fragonard 1 wears
    23 Signature Collection : Nuit Noire by Mona di Orio 1 wears
    24 Southern Bloom by Goldfield & Banks 1 wears

Almost no repeats. A fair amount of sampling. Unusual.
    No one knows what their tomorrow will bring.
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

4x—
    Kenzo Flower

2x—
    31 Rue Cambon
    Elixir des Merveilles
    Hanae Mori
    Infusion d’Iris
    L de Lolita
    Mito EDP
    Rush
    Traversee du Bosphore
    With Love by Guerlain

1x—
    Angel, Angelique Noire, Au Dela Narcisse, Borneo 1834, Coromandel, Ella by Arquiste, Envy by Gucci, Jasmine Smoke by Heretic, L de Lubin, Labdanum 18, Mitsouko, Miyako by Auphorie, Rubj EDP by Vero Kern, Sanrovia, Shangri La by Hiram Green
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

5x - Fahrenheit Parfum, Oud Palao
    3x - Chergui, Bleu de Chanel Parfum
    2x - Paco Rabanne pour Homme, New York Intense, Havana, Philtre Ceylan, Portrait of a Lady, L'Homme Sage

Everything else once.
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermès

Basenotes Plus

Autumn - Dasein

Intense Café - Montale

Red Vetiver - Montale

Io Non Ho Mani che Mi Accarezzino il Volto - Unum

Purple Love Smoke - Soivohle

Anucci Femme - Annuci

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    By my count, you had 60 full wears, plus 46 sampling tests. This boggles my mind.

I can barely get 30 full wearings in a month, with maybe a dozen or so samplings.

I can't imagine how anyone can find the time for that many different wearings. Are you showering twice a day?
    Hahahaha.
    The short answer is I went crazy during the pandemic.

The long answer is I went crazy during the pandemic and fragrance is one of my ways to cope and to show love and self care to myself. In more normal times, I usually would wear one scent per day, maybe two if I wanted to reapply or apply a different scent after work (I usually log reapplications as additional wearings unless it's just a 1 light spritz, then I might not, I love statistics and charts and similar things and I can be a bit anal about such things). And if I would go to the store to test after work, then a couple scents more which I would also log.

But during pandemics, with so much more home alone time and not many places to go, and with desperate need of distraction, preferably not by drugs or stupid amounts of alcohol (some alcohol is a blessing though), I went mad, and therefore concepts like "morning before shower scent", "morning after shower scent", "afternoon/evening scent" and "bedtime scent" became reality instead of a mad perfumista fantasy! (of course, it also depends on how long certain perfume lasts...things like Jungle, Opium, Coco or Avignon last well into the next day, but lots of lighter scents fade off after 5 hours or so, especially in winter when my skin dries out a bit).

I also found LAYERING. There were evenings this winter where I would put on three different orientals on me and float around in my spicy ambery bubble like a happy perfumed cloud. Oh, and when I test things, it kind of depends - for example, I tested all my ELdOs two at the time - both to be able to compare and entertain myself more, and both to go through them quicker.

As for showering, I generally shower once a day daily (and several times per day during summer heat, but no heat in February here, just central heating) and can step into a shower for a quick additional wash during the day if I feel it's needed. I prefer showering first time in the morning, but for example, today I started working just after I got up and brushed my teeth, so shower had to wait and that made me some space for two different morning scents, so of course I used that opportunity. Ah, and yeah, because my wardrobe kind of almost doubled during the year of pandemic, so yeah, that also helped feeding the madness - since I have more, I feel wasteful if I do not use everything I own, so I am really indulging myself because of that, too. And both the layering and the small windows for "morning before shower" or "bedtime" scents do really help to go through the less loved bottles quicker.

Ah, and another thing - since I use BN SOTD feature to see what I wore during the last month, I should probably note that it provides data for most worn in last 30 days, and February only had 28 days, so technically 2 to possibly up to 8 or even 9 wears belong to January here, depending if I was testing or layering during those 2 additional days.

TL;DR: I do find the time to wear and log all of that because I went crazy during the pandemic.
    Currently wearing: Orchid Soleil by Tom Ford