Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Why did you wear what you wore today.. March 2021

Name a fragrance that you wore and why you wore it for the days in the month of March.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today.. March 2021

First day of autumn here so I went with one of my autumnal favourites - Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone. The soft spices and sweet biscuit aroma is feeling perfect today. No full on sugar or burnt sugar notes in this scent which I appreciate as I don't seem to do well with straight sugar notes.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Tiare by Ormonde Jayne

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

1st day of Autumn, but the first summery day we've had in a while so it was time to wear a loud shirt and Sel Marin and pretend I was on summer vacation.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

New month has me posting in the wrong thread. Ughhh.

Anyway!! I'm wearing Polo again, after Fahrenheit February. Feels good to be back to my favorite.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

It's in the 30s today, and it looks to be one of the last days to wear a sweater, so I went with Kilian Black Phantom.
    Currently wearing: French Affair by Ex Nihilo

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

H24 - new arrival
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

Kicking off the month and the work week with Green Irish Tweed today.

Started out with Chanel Chance edp for a March change, but then decided on Allure edt, which is more me. Interesting side effect: they blend well together so I guess I’m wearing both.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Blog Entries

H24 because the page is now up and I'm ready to take the flak.

This evening - Basala as it's my my evening transition scent to being back home.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Wearing Michael For Men by Michael Kors because it's been a while, I've missed it, and it pairs well with the cool evening.

Kilian Single Malt....because I wore Apple Brandy 2 days ago and hadn't worn either one of them in a long time.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Coromandel- chilly day, wanted something cozy
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Chanel Egoiste EDT - SOTM(Day 30)
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Polo because it's my favorite.

Bois Blanc - new arrival

Chanel Chance, because although sometimes I’m not even sure I like it, there is something “addictive” about it. Today it’s the edp. Usually I apply perfume lavishly but with Chance, edp or edt, four short spritzes are ample to last all day.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Sillage Monster

I'm wearing L'Air du Desert Marocain because I put it in my rotation for chilly days and today is one of those days. To me, LADDM is a year-rounder and works in all temperatures.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

It’s a workday I went with Ralph Lauren Polo.
    Current Top Favorites:

Ralph Lauren Polo
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Costume National Homme
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Caron Le 3ème Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP

War and Peace II by Areej Le Dore, my sample arrived yesterday and i've wanted to try this one for awhile.

This evening - Balafre as I haven't worn it in a while

Rive Gauche Pour Homme because it's been a while and I was anxious to wear it tonight.

Chanel Pour Monsieur - SOTM(Day 4)

Just got my bottle in of Noble Royale Tobacco Dynasty and wore it today.

Oh my....my mind is already made up....this is my favorite tobacco fragrance of all time. This house and this fragrance are not well known and it's pretty hard to find. It's also fairly expensive, but if you can buy Creeds, you can buy this. The best price I found was Jovoy Parfums Rares out of Paris, France. Best price, no tax, no shipping fee (if you meet their minimum by buying a couple of bottles), and they get it to you in 5 days!

My goodness....this is a heavenly tobacco fragrance. I encourage everyone to sample this if you can. As far as what it smells like, it's along the lines of Tobacco Vanille, but soooo much better smelling, classier, versatile and WEARABLE....from beginning to end. Both thumbs way up for this excellent tobacco!
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Guerlain Heritage EDT - Something a little different than the usual Egoiste

Polo because it's the best.

Dependent

Myanma Gold an oud oil from Agar Aura.
    Worn to get better acquainted.
    My first wearing of this was on a very cold dry day. It didn’t meet my admittedly high expectations. Today, several wearings in, it is above freezing and the humidity is up as is the performance of Myanma Gold. Lots of subtleties emerging with ethereal qualities. Solid stuff making me eager for spring.
    Currently wearing: Al Hareem by Sultan Pasha

I've chosen MFK's Lumière Noire because I thought it would go well with my outfit.
    Bright fragrance with a good lasting power... for a sunny , but chilly, day.

Tobacolor - new arrival

Banned

I just sprayed myself all over with Biotherm's "Eau D'Energie" which I did mostly to try and hide the awful stench of "West" from Ellis Brooklyn perfumes! XD
    I was going through all my Ellis Brooklyn samples (that came with my box set) and I just got to the last one today! I'm sorry to say they started off okay (I liked Myth, and Fable was just fantastic! Rrose was okay and I didn't mind Raven, and Sci-Fi smelled really good! Rives was also okay) but then I really disliked the last two, Fawn and West. :/
    Fawn just irritated my nose, and ruined my day. :/ And this one I put on today, West, just has that stinky note found in many popular masculines that I dislike. :/
    So..immediately after spritzing on Ellis Brooklyn's West, I decided to mask it with "Eau D'Energie!"
    I love Biotherm's "Eau D'Energie", by the way. It is an orange scent done in a lovely, soft, feminine way! It is purely just very delicate and pretty with no bad or stinky notes at all lol! I don't know if it really makes me feel "energized", but it makes me happy! And..I feel like it's a good casual scent that is just really easy to wear any time! I can wear it almost any day and it puts me in a good mood! I think it's also genuinely improved the scent of today's offending fragrance too!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast