Code of Conduct

Default Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Blu worth a bottle in 2021?

This one has been hyped up a lot lately and doesnít get mentioned much on Basenotes. Am I missing anything special or do you feel itís mediocre at best, it is priced decent and I hear itís nicer than the original Acqua Essenziale.
    Current Top Favorites:

Ralph Lauren Polo
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Costume National Homme
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Caron Le 3Ťme Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Blu worth a bottle in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    or do you feel it’s mediocre at best.
    IMO that would be too generous.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I personally think it may be just a notch above average. It's not a complete clone of the popular "blu" ambroxan fragrances, though is definitely a variation on the theme. It's sweeter and doesn't give off that persistent shower gel/shampoo vibe. Decent staying power and projection. I don't get the similarity to Bvlgari Aqua Marine Atlantique or the original Acqua Essenziale as listed on fragrantica, I actually think it's more similar to Eros than any of those, but toned down and fresher. For the price at discounters (less than $20, I think) I believe it's a solid choice.
    Of all 3 in the Acqua Essenziale line this is definitely my preferred one, though it is not a fragrance I reach out for often or will ever repurchase.

Blog Entries

Anything with Blue or Blu in the name is a cue to run in the other direction imo.
    Currently wearing: Pulp by Byredo

Hi all,

Somewhere along the line, I was able to score a BOX full of Fragrances (some REALLY good ones) for the cost about about ten dollars. The box of Fragrances included a "as new" bottle of Ferragano ACQUA Essenziale (not the Blu). I must say, I find ACQUA Essenziale quite a nice Fragrances which I am planning to use a lot this Summer. This type of Fragrance/Scent is a major departure from my usual/normal Fragrance type and perhaps that is why (in part) that I'm finding ACQUA Essenziale quite to my liking. That being said, I'm betting that ACQUA Essenziale is more popular/well liked than Blu, however, that is only a guess.

SixCats!

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    IMO that would be too generous.
    Same thoughts here.
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens