Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do you like the current Dior Homme Sport?

I’m on the hunt for older Dior homme cologne but in the absence of said cologne maybe the current sport version would be suitable for warmer nights out. Also looking out for older Dior homme sport. I do remember it being ginger heavy Burberry sport being quite similar.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Do you like the current Dior Homme Sport?

I do own and enjoy Dior Homme Sport, but also equally enjoy Dior Homme Cologne. Both are original releases.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I do own and enjoy Dior Homme Sport, but also equally enjoy Dior Homme Cologne. Both are original releases.
    Ah the OG releases are amazing no doubt.

What did you think of the 2020 or whatever year the new sport came out?

To me it didn’t smell like Dior homme but aside from that I haven’t assessed if I like it as a fragrance. I think most Dior’s work for me. People around me like it on me.

OG cologne was my all time fav though.

Basenotes Plus

In order of preference - 2008 > 2017 > 2012.

Didn't really care for the 2012, it's not bad, but it just doesn't have an impact or 'wow' factor.
    The 2017 was noticeably better, but not quiitteee there - but better and quite good!

The 2008... for some reason it just CLICKED with me. It's not even a matter of "Obviously the original/older stuff is better!" - no. I started with the 2012 and wasn't impressed, then maybe got the 2017 and still didn't quite click.

Then when I was at a Sephora sometime in... 2018, I think, the employee there said they have a tester of the original and could make me a sample! So I jumped on that opportunity, et voila - success! Finally! Haha
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Original Santal by Creed

The 2008 formulation of Dior Homme Sport was the best. I had two 100ml bottles at one time. A nice lemony ginger scent.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by mistersmellgood View Post
    What did you think of the 2020 or whatever year the new sport came out?
    I bought it and enjoy it also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I think the current Dior Homme Sport is a good swiss army knife fragrance.
    I like it much better than Dior Homme Cologne.
    Can't really go wrong with it.
    You could also buy Chanel Allure Homme Sport or the Eau Extreme flanker instead.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    I think the current Dior Homme Sport is a good swiss army knife fragrance.
    I like it much better than Dior Homme Cologne.
    Can't really go wrong with it.
    You could also buy Chanel Allure Homme Sport or the Eau Extreme flanker instead.
    I have the current Dior homme cologne. I like it but it has nothing to do whatsoever with Dior homme. It’s just a citrus scent.

I was thinking of wearing the sport on hot summer nights if it had some Dior homme sweetness to it.

I was thinking of wearing the sport on hot summer nights if it had some Dior homme sweetness to it.
    I own the 2012 version and wear it frequently as you described. Not sure how it compares to earlier or later versions. I find it quite an appealing scent for summer.

I have the current Dior homme cologne. I like it but it has nothing to do whatsoever with Dior homme. It’s just a citrus scent.

I sold my bottle of Dior Homme Cologne because I couldn't stand that piercing citrus note and I much prefer Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne over it (which also replaced DHC for me).

Dior Homme Sport 2017 isn't an iris fragrance like the 2012 version was.
    It has very little iris in it, barely noticeable, it's more a fresh and fruity (blood orange on top), musky and woody fragrance. It has a very nice white musk accord in it and a little bit of sweetness. Women like that one very much too - I'm a little bit surprised that no reviewer hyped it up in his "most compliments" lists.
    But it's not as special as the original Dior Homme EdT.

I sold my bottle of Dior Homme Cologne because I couldn't stand that piercing citrus note and I much prefer Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne over it (which also replaced DHC for me).

Dior Homme Sport 2017 isn't an iris fragrance like the 2012 version was.
    It has very little iris in it, barely noticeable, it's more a fresh and fruity (blood orange on top), musky and woody fragrance. It has a very nice white musk accord in it and a little bit of sweetness. Women like that one very much too - I'm a little bit surprised that no reviewer hyped it up in his "most compliments" lists.
    But it's not as special as the original Dior Homme EdT.
    Yeah my gf liked the new DHS2017 same with sauvage.

I just couldn’t buy blue juice myself.

I will hunt down one of these light DH flankers at the brick and mortar discounters

Maybe even DH edt if I can find an old bottle it’s an instant buy

Is there a thread with all the different bottle looks?

Yeah my gf liked the new DHS2017 same with sauvage.

I just couldn’t buy blue juice myself.

I will hunt down one of these light DH flankers at the brick and mortar discounters

Maybe even DH edt if I can find an old bottle it’s an instant buy

Is there a thread with all the different bottle looks?
    If you like to buy Dior Homme EdT, you only need to look at the batch code.
    Since around December 2019 it's the new 2020 version, you're probably safe with 9A.. to 9K.. (I've got a 9K batch too) or something older (starts with 8 for 2018). Or you buy what's now called "Dior Homme Original" on Dior's website (or from a few exclusiv sellers who offer it).

Older Dior Homme Sport versions were better, but the 2017 is not bad. Quite a bit more synthetic than it's predecessors, but still a sold release.

Dior Homme Cologne is one of my favorite summer scents. I absolutely love it.
    Current Winter Favorites:

1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Creed - Royal Oud
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. Creed - Royal English Leather
    9. Creed - Bois du Portugal
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

Dior Homme Cologne and Dior Homme Sport are very different IMO. I will echo dougczar in professing love for the DHC. It is quite nice. Dior Homme Sport is not my bag. Maybe because my father-in-law has worn it as a signature for the majority of my fragrance journey. I think it smells a bit generic and synthetic. Definitely nice, but not terribly interesting or enjoyable to wear over a long period in my opinion. Also, the stuff I tried several years ago smelled better and way different than whatever DHS I have sprayed on a card at Macy's over the past couple of years.

Actually quite a bit, regarding both the scent and the performance gotten from this

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by clamnole View Post
    I own the 2012 version and wear it frequently as you described. Not sure how it compares to earlier or later versions. I find it quite an appealing scent for summer.
    Same here

No. The blood orange in it annoys me and the lack of iris made it even more simple and bad. The 2012 version is my favorite cause the iris note makes it really belong to the Dior Homme series. Now it’s everything a mess in the family.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche is worth considering as well.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Allure Homme Edition Blanche is worth considering as well.
    I know it's popular, I personally had it and sold it, same problem like with Dior Homme Cologne - couldn't stand the sharp citrus note. But that's just me.
    I like AHS Cologne better than Edition Blanche.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I didn't care for the current Dior Homme Sport, though I may give it another try someday. I liked the 2012 version quite a bit. I own a bottle, in fact.

That's ironic, since the new Dior Homme has nothing to do whatsoever with the Dior Homme most of us know and love (the version with iris). In fact, I think the current Dior Homme Cologne has more in common with the new Dior Homme than it has with the original Dior Homme.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    Tabac Rouge
    Boy Chanel
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Reflection Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Amouage Silver Man
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    "Live in the moment. Never count on longevity." --Yeasayer
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

2017 is nice for sure, I own a bottle as a matter of fact. However I have to admit I hardly ever reach for it again, I guess it bored me after some time..

Still better than 90% of designers out there!

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

I own the current version and love it. I don't wear it much, it kind of gets lost in the shuffle.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

I blind bought it shortly after it came out in 2017. At that time I was getting more into fragrances and was heavily influenced by YT videos. I wore it for a while, then got bored of it.

If there existed a definition of a 'panty dropper', this is it. It's like a switch turns in some women's brain when they smell this fragrance. Crazy stuff.

I haven’t liked any version of Dior Homme Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    I haven’t liked any version of Dior Homme Sport.
    The correct answer

I only tried a 2012 version of DHS, owned a bottle but quickly got bored and sold it.
    Unremarkable to me.

It’s quite nice, nothing amazing but a good summer daily

No. I don't know if it is the blood orange or the ginger or perhaps both but all I get is bitter citrus. A sharp piercing scent is not good for the summer and can remind one of an off putting body odor.

I prefer the 2012 version which is more unique and classy with the iris note. The 2017 version is synthetic and boring.
    My 10 favorite fragrances for life :

1 - Dior - Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012)
    2 - Creed - Royal Oud
    3 - Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    --- Tauer - Au Coeur Du Désert
    --- Maison FK - Grand Soir
    --- Amouage - Reflection Man
    --- Nishane - Sultan Vetiver
    --- Tauer - Une Rose De Kandahar
    --- Amouage - Sunshine Man
    --- Nicolaï - New York Intense

Do I like it? Yes. But for me, it has a hit of ginger that somehow takes it out of the realm of my thoughts on something 'sport' and out of a summer freshie