Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Thursday, 4th March, 2021

Scent of the Day Thread for Thursday, 4th March, 2021

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Wednesday, 3rd March, 2021 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Wednesday, 3rd March, 2021 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Gage d’Amour by Yardley

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Thursday, 4th March, 2021

1992 Purple Night by Les Bains Guerbois

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

hello all,
    vtg.

6th day of Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

mauboussin.jpg

Good morning.

I am wearing Mauboussin this morning.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: LouLou by Cacharel

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Good to see that most of us are feeling the effects of Spring! lt's cloudy & damp here today, but l'm sticking with the florals in Flower Market, for my late shift.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Narcisse Noir by Caron

Hello all

Bonté's Bloom by Honoré de Prés
    DONNA

Good morning everyone Today is my first back at work after 5 days at home. My shoulder still doesn't feel too good, but hopefully it will be ok. Sotd for a sunny (but not spring like) day is Infusion d'iris. Have a great day everyone

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Spring did make a brief appearance here for a couple of days but Dr Dreich is back on duty again.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Grand Soir.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Thursday, 4th March, 2021

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning! Wearing Guerlain Floral Romantique today.

Have a nice day!
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Performing the BN salute

Blog Entries

Sorry about the dreich stalking you, Jon. The suggestion of spring we're getting (near-freezing temps, but bright blue skies) lights a fire under my boiler, and ambition rises like steam.

Returning to one of the fragrances I sampled lately that pleased me: Roberto Greco Porter Sa Peau. One would never mistake this stuff as the scent from a fabric softener or shampoo or other commonplace source. PSP declares, "I am perfume, dahling." The narcissus flowers have had their stink/funk element replaced with a billowy powder. Lovely.

In a roundabout Marie Kondo-esque move, I ordered a set of mugs. It occurred to me that our 20-odd coffee mugs seemed to have arrived of their own accord over the decades, and few reflected my taste. I inherited beautiful china, but any dishwasher-safe mug I'd use every morning hardly "sparked joy." What I found from Portmeirion should do the trick as the shape, handle size, and artistry strike me as perfection. A few days after I first saw them, the set went on sale for $29. No-brainer!
    botanic-garden-terrace.jpg
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Bois 1920 Extreme.

Basenotes Plus

absinthe IXcinisLabs...

Feel better soon... inees!

Beautiful mugs, Quarry! My mom would have snapped those up in a minute.

Nice cups Quarry, I have the same but in their butterfly pattern. Wearing PdE Immortelle Corse.

Common Lackey

Belles Rives by La Parfumerie Moderne -- another stroke of brilliance from Marc-Antoine Corticchiato. Osmanthus paired with a cool, aloof iris, with a plush suede texture. A cousin of Osmanthe Yunnan, but with a dash of myrrh.

Yesterday I took a cab to a doctor appointment, and the driver was selling perfume oils and soaps right out of his front seat. I sniffed a few and there was nothing you wouldn't find at any bath shop, but he was pleasant and not aggressive about it. I had to admire his entrepreneurial spirit; it's a great side hustle for someone who has a captive audience for a few minutes. If this were 30 or 40 years ago, he might have been selling Avon.

Cook.bot, did you buy anything from him?
    I admire his spirit, too.

ineespenes, hopefully your shoulder gets better soon.

It was half-snowing here the whole day (the kind of snow that melts at once when it touches the ground...I know a word for it in Lithuanian, but not in English). Online dictionary tells me "sleet" is the word for it, hm.
    Wearing Vivienne Westwood's Boudoir from a generous decant for the first time. I enjoy it, but I didn't expect it to feel so pink, so candy-sweet, so girly and so mature all at once. Is it for little girls or for women of certain age? Probably for all of them if they're feeling cheeky and for none of them if they're feeling serious

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Ine I hope your shoulder feels better.
    Quarry enjoy the mugs, they’re lovely!

Un Air de Molinard today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Samsara EDP

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: O Pour Homme by Lancome

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Ineespenes, I hope you feel better soon!

Today is a much better day. In a stroke of luck that had me wishing I'd bought a lottery ticket (and in a way I did) I landed vaccine appointments. The first one is tomorrow. I was clicking through Walgreen's vaccine website, seeing all the red zeros indicating no appointments, when I saw a green 1. I typed so fast, I had no idea my fingers could do that. I didn't care where it was, Oregon is not that big a state but I was secretly hoping I wouldn't have to drive to the Idaho or California border. After the appointment was confirmed I had to look up where it was and how to get there. Not too far-88 miles from Portland. I will gladly make the drive tomorrow and again in 28 days.
    My new phone has so many bells and whistles I may never discover them all but the screen is beautifully crisp and the functions are really fast. Once I get used to it I think I'll be really pleased. SOTD is Rhubarb Ecarlate.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

Sillage Monster

I'm wearing Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau. I smell so elegant while vacuuming my car interior. Like Quarry, I love physical activity. Speaking of Quarry, your new cups are beautiful. We decluttered a whole cupboard of mugs and kept just two. Now we can fit all our coffee and tea related items in that space.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Between two pine trees

Q, your new mugs made me all smiley! They're lovely!

It's after 3:00 pm, and I somehow forgot to eat anything. Work was too busy! So, I'll be heading off to the grocery store all hungry (I missed the window for delivery today). I'm interested to see what ends up in my shopping cart.

It's another beautiful day and impossible not to feel like spring has arrived. For the first time since last summer, my nose was happy to spray this one: Rogue Perfumery Mousse Illuminee.

Quarry, love the new floral patterned mugs. Hope they bring you lots of joy!

Started the day with Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone then added some Eau Rose by Diptyque to the mix in the afternoon. A couple of blind buys arrived during the day so I tried them in the evening - Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier and Lolita Lempicka Elixir Sublime. Not totally blind buys as I'm familiar with quite a few of the Lolita Lempicka fragrance range including the original LL EDP.

Basenotes Institution

MFK Oud

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    Quarry, love the new floral patterned mugs. Hope they bring you lots of joy!

Started the day with Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone then added some Eau Rose by Diptyque to the mix in the afternoon. A couple of blind buys arrived during the day so I tried them in the evening - Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier and Lolita Lempicka Elixir Sublime. Not totally blind buys as I'm familiar with quite a few of the Lolita Lempicka fragrance range including the original LL EDP.
    How did you like the LL Mon Premier parfum? It was a kind of blindbuy for me too, since I by mistake ordered this and not the original.... But I don't think the original is available anymore? I actually really like it

queen of the universe

Good afternoon, all. Those are lovely mugs, Ms Q. Our ceramics teacher told us a cup is the most intimate work of art you encounter; your lips touch it! The heft, handle shape and rim thickness, in particular are things one can get particular about. Myself, I drink tea from cups and coffee from mugs, and espressos from whatever tiny thing is at hand.

Substitute taught today. Our HS is eerily quiet; the students don't even make noise in the hall! I donned Ralph Lauren Ralph Hot, just for fun.

@freewheelingvagabond, of course you are right. 8 hours it is tonite, today's afterwork nap, which was divine, notwithstanding!
    Là, tout n'est qu'ordre et beauté,
    Luxe, calme et volupté.

Baudelaire, L'Invitation au voyage

queen of the universe

. . . anddd . .
    SOTE is Misia from the Chanel Exclusifs, a perfect accompaniment to Call My Agent on Netflix. 11 pm is beddy-bye, substitute teaching HS art tomorrow.

Bonsoir, buona sera, ערב תוב
    Last edited by jujy54; 5th March 2021 at 01:29 AM. Reason: the usual typos
    Là, tout n'est qu'ordre et beauté,
    Luxe, calme et volupté.

Baudelaire, L'Invitation au voyage