Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: What are you going to do, following Creed 20% planned increase?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will keep buying my favs, independently of pricing

18 21.95%
  • I am a reg customer, but this time it's a no-go

3 3.66%
  • I will stock up and give up after the increase

6 7.32%
  • I don't have any Creed FB, was looking at one, but it's a no for me

3 3.66%
  • I will go anyways forward with my planned purchase of my 1st bottle

0 0%
  • I like a few Creed, but I find current pricing already ridiculous

33 40.24%
  • I don't care about any fragrance of Creed

18 21.95%
  • I don't know any other than Aventus, and will keep buying it

1 1.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: 2021: Creed buys the pot... all in or fold?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Is this price increase only going to happen in certain regions/countries?
    I have no clue. My statement on US prices was purely based on personal logical thinking, but I have to admit that the pricing strategies of some houses goes beyond any predicatble logic.

No, but Andy might!
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    As long as the quality continues it will be a win win, time will tell hopefully they are planning successful things for Creed one can only hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Might go for a few favorites almost irrespective of the price-but with the disclaimer of having likely enjoyed these just as much even if they would have not been by Creed and/or associated with the hype still going strong about this house
    Glad to read you guys enjoy Creed! They have some great scents for sure, I'm just perplexed about their pricing... but afterall, the fair price is what people want to spend, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post

??
    Let me fix the sequence properly so it might make more sense:

Is this price increase only going to happen in certain regions/countries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    why - you gonna jump on a plane?
    No, but Andy might!
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    I have enough of my favorites (Aventus, RO, VIW, GIT) to last a lifetime and all before the recent reformulations. I doubt I'll purchase Creed again.

Just ordered 5 bottles from Nose (mostly as backups). I’m done with Creed for now unless they release something so unbelievably awesome it’s impossible to say no to. I hope they do!

So odd, but I guess they figure they can get away with it.

I have a lifetime supply of BOIS DU PORTUGAL and I don't go through my other CREEDS fast enough to envision buying a new one anytime soon.
    I've never been on the AVENTUS train burning through bottles and chasing "batches."

I do go through ROYAL OUD a bit quickly for me so that's the only one I might consider buying in next year or so.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Let me fix the sequence properly so it might make more sense:
    Got it, thanks I missed one post!

To answer Kaern and Danny: no, but assuming I decided to buy some, I will for sure compare prices internationally, and possibly have the bottles jump on a plane, noting that Nose offers free shipping.
    Jovoy (another niche perfumery in Paris) also offers free 2-day international shipping over $350 + tax deduction, making a purchase to them sometimes more convenient than LuckyScent (who charge taxes) and as fast to receive. Just saying

But in the long run, yes, next I can stop in Paris, I will definitely make a stop at Nose!

Quote Originally Posted by emtee View Post
    Just ordered 5 bottles from Nose (mostly as backups). I’m done with Creed for now unless they release something so unbelievably awesome it’s impossible to say no to. I hope they do!
    Wow, big shopping haul today

I'd rather feed my money to a donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    So odd, but I guess they figure they can get away with it.

I have a lifetime supply of BOIS DU PORTUGAL and I don't go through my other CREEDS fast enough to envision buying a new one anytime soon.
    I've never been on the AVENTUS train burning through bottles and chasing "batches."

I do go through ROYAL OUD a bit quickly for me so that's the only one I might consider buying in next year or so.
    Vetiver Geranium and Royal Oud are the only two fragrances that I might have considered to buy at some point, but this increase is a no-go for me, especially considering that I found a couple of alternatives to RO that satisfy me in the same way (or more) than RO.
    If I bump on a great deal for VE, I might go for it, but it sounds now more unlikely than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    I'd rather feed my money to a donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    It probably sounds better in actual French.
    "Quand on aime, on ne compte pas"

Quote Originally Posted by emtee View Post
    To be fair to Nose they are one of the few EU businesses that have made the effort to adhere to the Brexit bullshit and actually do the whole collecting VAT on behalf of HMRC and continue to supply to UK customers. I bought Himalaya last week and received this week with no hassle. Same price as before but a 5eur Brexit surcharge which is more than fair. I could see on the dispatch note that shipping was around 15eur which they include for free so that’s eating into their margin as that’s a lot more than pre Brexit. Plus 3 samples which include Creed exclusives so they are hurting profit wise. I think this price increase is from Creed though and not just from Nose. Perhaps the increase is not in UK stores as we are well above France prices but they are trying to make world wide prices the same just like most other luxury brands do. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs!
    Yes, they're really good, kudos to them.

I am half tempted to buy something Creed related. Maybe Aventus, just in case. I don't know. Their sample service is excellent as well.

As mentioned above, yep, definitely aware that Creed are raising their prices. We've been given Nose Paris's price increases but we still don't know what/how much Creed will increase their prices.

That increase might be 20%, it might be MORE than 20%, who knows. It would make sense for Creed to protect their brand image and profitability by basically raising prices to a point where anyone on a median income would have to be crazy to consider buying a bottle of Creed based on the current instability in the world. I assume we'll find out the state of Creed's actual cost increase in April.
    Last edited by slpfrsly; 5th March 2021 at 10:55 PM.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

I'm done.

Mods, please close this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Me too as of late. My 2011 bottle, in particular, is just a masterpiece. The musk and sandalwood are stunning. It's currently my favorite sandalwood frag. My 2016 bottle goes the traditional cedar route and is fantastic in its own way.
    "No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Basenotes Institution The Colognnoisseur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian5701 View Post
    I have all the Creeds I needs.
    +1.
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA

I find that fragrance prices have generally gone through the roof in recent years.

140€ Creeds were considered nearly top tier not too many years ago. Now it's merely niche standard ("the new normal"). It's only logical that they try to maintain/restore their "luxury"-image by raising the prices again.

Trouble is, that the brand has already lost a lot of credibility in multiple respects (shady marketing, Blackrock instead of family tradition, endless batch discussions etc.). Also they "vaulted" many of the fragrances that made them well known among afficionados but failed to replace them with enough new stuff. Even their blockbuster hit Aventus is significantly losing steam after a long run and a myriad of "spiritual successors", I reckon. If they don't release new hit fragrances that people lust over soon, the Creed brand will have a very hard time surviving with or without increased prices.

Maybe the same is true for Amouage, Serge Lutens, Clive Christian and others but I guess most of them have a better chance due to not having those image problems on top.
    Currently wearing: Ébène by Pierre Balmain

Hi all,

I have been thinking I'd like to have a bottle of G.I.T. at some point in the future. However, unless available for UNDER $150.00 (U.S.) for large bottle, it'll be a NO go! There are just too many EXCELLENT Houses with OUTSTANDING Fragrances and better pricing. Santa Maria Novella would be one such House.

SixCats!

Sound Scents

Most Creed offerings are of little interest to me at any price, but if one interested me enough that I love it and want it in my collection, a 20% increase in price while annoying and disappointing wouldn’t stop me from making the purchase.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Jasmin Antique (Rogue Perfumery)
    3) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie
    3) Giorgio V.I.P. Special Reserve (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie

5) Dia pour Homme vintage edt (Amouage)

6) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    7) Nombre Noir (Shiseido)
    8) Lucifer (Renaissance Fragrances) - tie
    8) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    8) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie

Worth every penny
    Thank you God for guiding me the way you want to guide me.

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    Hi all,

I have been thinking I'd like to have a bottle of G.I.T. at some point in the future. However, unless available for UNDER $150.00 (U.S.) for large bottle, it'll be a NO go! There are just too many EXCELLENT Houses with OUTSTANDING Fragrances and better pricing. Santa Maria Novella would be one such House.

SixCats!
    There’s always hope on the secondary market - I know you are a fan of thrift store shopping, as am I. I picked up a 60% full 120 ml Himalaya for $40 at Goodwill recently. So there are some Creeds out there, have hope yet!!
    “I have often observed that [scents] cause an alteration in me and work upon my spirits according to their several virtues; which makes me approve of what is said, that the use of incense and perfumes in churches, so ancient and so universally received in all nations and religions, was intended to cheer us, and to rouse and purify the senses, the better to fit us for contemplation” - Montaigne

Private equity bought Creed. First, price increase. Next up: sharp decline in quality. Following that, sale to another firm.

So jaded, I know.

I've had just about every Creed at some point in time and still have most of the ones I really want. If they put out a new fragrance I like, sure I'll buy it....just like any other fragrance I like.

But at the rate they are putting out new men's fragrances (which is very rarely), I won't have to be too concerned about it.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Junkie

I hope they jack their prices up $500 U.S. dollars so whiney peasants that piss and moan about OMG CREEEEEED can't afford it and turn their focus and anger hard-ons towards another fragrance house. So many other fragrances and houses besides Creed cost an arm and a leg, it's not like all this shit is cheap. I think people that cry about how much a luxury item costs should STFU and take up collecting rocks or take your money and go feed some starving babies in some third world country instead of buying fragrances.

I could care less what Creed does anymore, in my eyes they no longer exist.

I'm just happy enjoying their older bottles that I've came across over the years, those are worth collecting.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Scent of Oger by Creed

Basenotes Institution

Prices already ridiculous.

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

There isn't a vote that covers my answer so I'll put it here.

I'd continue to look for discounts as I have in the past for the remaining Creeds I want, but that's it.
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader
    Currently wearing: Black Suede by Avon

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    There isn't a vote that covers my answer so I'll put it here.

I'd continue to look for discounts as I have in the past for the remaining Creeds I want, but that's it.
    I'm in the same boat. Outside of Aventus, the rest of Creeds current lineup can be had at half their retail price at discounters.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Basenotes Plus

Eh. Creed was vastly overpriced already. Irregardless of price they are not a top tier fragrance company for me. I feel like i must have been too late to the party, but i fimd most vastly underwhelming. I like Viking, own a bottle. Its fine. I had a first year Aventus, sold it. Dont miss it. Heck, Zoologist has a more compelling lineup than Creed. Creed is like one of those bands that you think, are they still together? And someones like, yea man! They had a new song, its awesome. Then you listen to it and its crap. Maybe Aerosmith or something. Im sure you rocked at one point guys.
    Make em $5000, ill sell my Viking i guess.
    I smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    I find that fragrance prices have generally gone through the roof in recent years.

140€ Creeds were considered nearly top tier not too many years ago. Now it's merely niche standard ("the new normal"). It's only logical that they try to maintain/restore their "luxury"-image by raising the prices again.

Trouble is, that the brand has already lost a lot of credibility in multiple respects (shady marketing, Blackrock instead of family tradition, endless batch discussions etc.). Also they "vaulted" many of the fragrances that made them well known among afficionados but failed to replace them with enough new stuff. Even their blockbuster hit Aventus is significantly losing steam after a long run and a myriad of "spiritual successors", I reckon. If they don't release new hit fragrances that people lust over soon, the Creed brand will have a very hard time surviving with or without increased prices.

Maybe the same is true for Amouage, Serge Lutens, Clive Christian and others but I guess most of them have a better chance due to not having those image problems on top.
    Tend to agree with this. But grey market prices keep the brand alive more than anything. Even if I had the money I wouldn't be paying full retail for these.