Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone tried the new Initio Musk Therapy?

Has anyone tried the new Initio Musk Therapy? It came out at the beginning of the month. The bottle looks like Rehab except gold emblem instead of silver.
    Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim
    Roja Dove Creation-E

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Has anyone tried the new Initio Musk Therapy?

I just recently purchased it. Haven't given it a full- days wearing yet. First impression is that it's a creamy sort of lemon scent, soft, but long lasting.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I just recently purchased it. Haven't given it a full- days wearing yet. First impression is that it's a creamy sort of lemon scent, soft, but long lasting.
    Whered you get it? I got my Initio’s from Osswalds in Soho NYC but they closed physical location due to covid
    Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Roja Dove Creation-E

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    Whered you get it? I got my Initio’s from Osswalds in Soho NYC but they closed physical location due to covid
    Luckyscent
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Redolessence just did a review on Youtube, you can hear about here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vw98LGKzWo

He says it's a complex fragrance.

There's also one review on Frarantica.
    Currently wearing: Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

Some Youtubers like him are affiliated with Initio, so I don't put much weight on their words on it

They still are open online. I just bought from them last week.
    Currently wearing: Hamptons by Bond No. 9

This might be right up my alley. Will keep an eye out.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Fragrance du Bois Sahraa Oud
    4. Mugler Over the Musk
    5. Carner Fig Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty_Scent View Post
    Some Youtubers like him are affiliated with Initio, so I don't put much weight on their words on it
    You mean all Youtuber's who have at least 5k subs? It's a given, but that comes with the territory. Most people should know if they're watching a Youtube review, especially on a brand new frag, that there's a 90% chance it was sponsored.

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    You mean all Youtuber's who have at least 5k subs? It's a given, but that comes with the territory. Most people should know if they're watching a Youtube review, especially on a brand new frag, that there's a 90% chance it was sponsored.
    Lol!

Nice SOTD by the way
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader
    Currently wearing: Avalon by Murdock

Youtubers tend to be fans or affiliates of Initio or PDM and already want to like the fragrance. Ill wait for the organic reviews to start rolling in from regular consumers, before I decide to purchase this one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Varanis Ridari View Post
    Lol!

Nice SOTD by the way
    Oh ya! I recently bought Lacoste Challenge, and I actually like it a bit. I might buy the flanker to it soon too.

Basenotes Plus

Got my nose on it today, the first hour or so has a clean musk haze like effect that has some citrus’s in the background weaving in & out.
    This stage reminded me of Atomic Rose without the rose.

Forgot about about it for awhile as I tested other fragrances & when I came back to it, it had a totally unique drydown.

It smelled nothing like the opening.
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite/Richwood
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre/Tabac Rose/Russian Tea/Oud & Ambre/Oud & Pink
    7.Opus VI/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic/Alseif
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI/Malesia/Absolue Pour le Soir/Ganymede
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Dhajala
    10.Cuir Intense

Meh weak scent. The initial spray is amazing then it turns into an unpleasant skin scent rather fast. Def a pass.
    Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Roja Dove Creation-E

Blog Entries

Meh weak scent. The initial spray is amazing then it turns into an unpleasant skin scent rather fast. Def a pass.
    Thanks, finally an honest review. Can't trust Youtubers..
    All Time Top 10: Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Absolute, Corduroy, Seduction in Black, Itasca, Arpege pH, Burberry London, Spark Seduction, Paul Smith Man, Eau des Baux

This was exactly the feedback I was waiting for. Saved me $330.00. Based on my past experience with these sorts of releases, the biggest mistake one can make is rushing out buying these overhyped, overpriced Initio scents based on Youtube reviews, only for them to completely fall off everyone's radar, and/or start being completely dismissed as a mediocre scent, 3 months after its release. But by then youre stuck with your purchase. Gotta wait for the feedback from real consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    This was exactly the feedback I was waiting for. Saved me $330.00. Based on my past experience with these sorts of releases, the biggest mistake one can make is rushing out buying these overhyped, overpriced Initio scents based on Youtube reviews, only for them to completely fall off everyone's radar, and/or start being completely dismissed as a mediocre scent, 3 months after its release. But by then youre stuck with your purchase. Gotta wait for the feedback from real consumers.
    So now days later its growing on me. I think I went anosmic to it because yesterday I sprayed my palm with 2 sprays at 7am as I left the house and love the opening. By 3pm my lady friend and I were at whole foods and she says something smells really good and fresh (my neck had oud for greatness which isnt a freshie) so I put my palm to her nose and she says ‘omg yes this is it its soo good’ so my surprise as it was 8 hours since I sprayed it
    Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Roja Dove Creation-E

I continue to enjoy this latest release from the house.

So now days later its growing on me. I think I went anosmic to it because yesterday I sprayed my palm with 2 sprays at 7am as I left the house and love the opening. By 3pm my lady friend and I were at whole foods and she says something smells really good and fresh (my neck had oud for greatness which isnt a freshie) so I put my palm to her nose and she says ‘omg yes this is it its soo good’ so my surprise as it was 8 hours since I sprayed it

Generally, I consider peoples initial visceral reaction to a scent to be their most authentic response. (Which is how I wound up falling for the early hype for other scents..lol)..so tbh the "unpleasant skin scent" part is really all I needed to hear to know this isnt something I'd appreciate, nor a risk I'd be willing to take, for $330. But Im glad to know youre warming up to it now. Definitely keep us updated

Anyone else get a chance to try this?
    Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Roja Dove Creation-E

sampling it now. I like it so far but it was just one spray on the back of my hand.

Basenotes Plus

Yes. I always think of pineapple syrup with musk when I wear it. Neutral for me though my spouse has gone out of his way to compliment it.
    Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.

Default Has anyone tried the new Initio Musk Therapy?

Anyone else get a chance to try this?
    I recently got a sample of it and it’s ridiculous how good it smells. Both my wife and I are head over heels. Full bottle coming for my birthday in a few weeks.

I especially love the initial strong blackcurrant note which gives it a fruity but not too sweet opening. It then lingers on as an extremely smooth, always slightly fruity musk.

I am not really good at explaining individual notes, but I am always surprised about what other noses smell. pineapple syrup? No way, José. At least not to me.

This will be my first Initio, I think they have a bunch of excellent releases (Rehab, Side Effect, Oud for Greatness - which will be my fall/winter buy).

Definitely try to sample it, the price is steep (in Europe I can get it for €200) but oh so worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk