Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Beast Mode Cheap Aventus clones with more Fruity vibes and lesser smoke

Hi guys, I know there are numerous Aventus clones out there. Which is the best of the best. Strong to Beast mode performance and does not smell Acidic / Harsh or Over-smoky.

I dislike CDNIM EDP / EDT because it has that Acidic harshness. Please suggest some fresh & fruity clones.

Default Re: Beast Mode Cheap Aventus clones with more Fruity vibes and lesser smoke

Cedrat Boise is in the same realm

Default Re: Beast Mode Cheap Aventus clones with more Fruity vibes and lesser smoke

Quote Originally Posted by mikkodd View Post
    This would be my recommendation as well.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Montblanc Explorer
    Currently wearing: H24 by Hermès

Dependent

Take it to the Aventus subforum!

(and yes, Cedrat Boise is the answer to the question)
    Currently wearing: Lonestar Memories by Tauer

Orion by Tiziana Terenzi. Check ebay and the discounters, you'll find it cheaper.

Blog Entries

Cedrat Boise is the best, it's even better than Aventus.
    All Time Top 10: Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Absolute, Corduroy, Seduction in Black, Itasca, Arpege pH, Burberry London, Spark Seduction, Paul Smith Man, Eau des Baux
    Currently wearing: Cool Water by Davidoff

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by mikkodd View Post
    This is a worthy alternative.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned

Cb is horrible but definitely beast mode

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Cb is horrible but definitely beast mode
    Not really an Aventus clone either

Basenotes Institution

AB Spirit Silver

MB Select

it's all about that beast mode.

Maybe in part off-topic, since this fragrance is no clone being released way before Aventus, but still one of the Aventus predecessors/ancestors in spirit that can be still found at bargain prices: Lapidus PH, a less smoky a more animalic musky, powerhouse beast mode pineapple

Micaleff Royal Vintage
    FREE AS THE WIND!

On my skin Royal Vintage is smokier than Aventus.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

Frapin Orchid Man
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Cedrat Boise is a cloying, vanilla bomb and resembles Aventus about as much as I resemble George Clooney.

I have a 2ml sample, and had to scrub it off...in a panic...with bleach....on route to the hospital....in an ambulance....surrounded by paramedics...who were projectile vomiting from the stink....and....the vomit actually smelt better.....a lot better.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Cedrat Boise is a cloying, vanilla bomb and resembles Aventus about as much as I resemble George Clooney.

I have a 2ml sample, and had to scrub it off...in a panic...with bleach....on route to the hospital....in an ambulance....surrounded by paramedics...who were projectile vomiting from the stink....and....the vomit actually smelt better.....a lot better.....
    Probably you resemble to Clooney much more than how Cedrat Boisé does not to Aventus my friend.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

OP is basically asking for something that doesn't exist.

SMELLS LIKE THE FRUITY ASPECT OF AVENTUS
    CHEAP
    BEAST MODE
    NOT HARSH

the actual options are a) save your pennies for an older batch of Aventus b) buy a newer batch of Aventus and drop the beast mode requirement or c) buy something that smells harsh & not fruity like Mont Blanc Explorer.

all the better alternatives are on par with the real as far as pricing goes - my vote would go to Orion for something that can be found for decent value.

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    OP is basically asking for something that doesn't exist.

SMELLS LIKE THE FRUITY ASPECT OF AVENTUS
    CHEAP
    BEAST MODE
    NOT HARSH

the actual options are a) save your pennies for an older batch of Aventus b) buy a newer batch of Aventus and drop the beast mode requirement or c) buy something that smells harsh & not fruity like Mont Blanc Explorer.

all the better alternatives are on par with the real as far as pricing goes - my vote would go to Orion for something that can be found for decent value.
    Surprised by the suggestions here... including CB. The best example of this is Hacivat Nishane in my opinion - wonderful fruit notes.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Did op mention “cheap” as well?

Basenotes Junkie

You want something that's cheap, but also "beast mode", but not harsh/acidic or overly smokey. This reminds me of the Project Management Triangle: "Good, fast, cheap. Pick two."

Like what wilfred said, you're asking for something that doesn't exist. To really entail what you want, you're looking at 2014-2016 era Aventus, which isn't cheap. And even then, it was never really beast mode. For that you'd have to go back to some 2010-2011 batches, which were pretty ashy/smokey.

You probably should head over to the Dua website and type "Aventus" into their search box and see what comes up. They make a variety of Aventus-like fragrances, and I'm sure you'll find one exactly like you're wanting.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I didn't find Cedrat Boise much like Aventus either. I get mainly orange and cedar from that one. MontBlanc Explorer is your best bet. Opens very much like Aventus but the base is gutted. Creed is annoying for various reasons but of their frags that I enjoy (Royal Oud, Aventus, GIT), they're fantastic from beginning to end - something just about all my other frags in my collection can't do save maybe a few.
    "No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    I didn't find Cedrat Boise much like Aventus either. I get mainly orange and cedar from that one. MontBlanc Explorer is your best bet.
    I don't find CB that close to Aventus either. One of the worst fragrances I have ever put my nose to. The extreme dry down might be good but I have no intention of putting my nose through that synthetic assault to get to that late stage.

MB Explorer isn't that bad, but I still get anosmic to it and find it a little bit synthetic (it makes me sneeze). I much prefer Parfums Vintage Pineapple Vintage Emperor which seems to have a much better balance of the typical Aventus notes.

Emperor Extrait is probably the closest thing you will get to a "beast mode" clone of Aventus.

You might want to explore the following thread: https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...-Creed-Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I don't find CB that close to Aventus either. One of the worst fragrances I have ever put my nose to. The extreme dry down might be good but I have no intention of putting my nose through that synthetic assault to get to that late stage.
    Right? CB was incredibly synthetic to my nose as well. It reminded me of some orange-scented cleaning product...
    "No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

All of the "cheap" copies are "you get what you pay for."
    They are not wearable in IMO.

Even CB becomes synthetic in the dry down after a great start.

Basenotes Plus

First thought was MB Explorer but, similar to oudaddict's recommendation of Emperor Extrait, I then remembered all of the different versions (smokey/fruity/blended/half Sauvage) of Aventus clones that Parfums Vintage makes. Most of the ones I've tried have very good-to-excellent performance. I'd say try one of their sample packs. They usually do a decent job describing what version each scent is going for on their website.
    Currently wearing: Avant Garde by Lanvin