Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Smooth Vanilla-centric Fragrances?

Arquiste The Architects Club

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Mona di Orio Vanille seems to fit. There is a little orange note but it is not detectable. An exceptional vanilla.
    This one is great.
    So is Lutens Un Bois Vanille and many Guerlains of which vanilla is one of the main notes.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Basenotes Junkie

AdP Vaniglia was pretty good
    In the opening I thought it was too Citrusy for a Vanilla frag, but it smoothnes out after a few minutes and kinda keeps it from getting too powdery/dry. This is pretty close to what I was looking for, thanks again for that rec

Juliette has a gun Vanilla Vibes seemed in the right area also. A salty sweet fresh Vanilla, nothing out there, pretty plain and straightforward

I also got samples of Celine Black Tie, Montale Vanille Absolu on the way, going thru reviews on the rest of the suggestions. I will most likely try the Guerlains soon

Memoirs of A Trespasser? Woods play a big role here, but I thought it quite vanilla centred from the opening to the drydown

Cologne of the Missions by Le Couvent Maison de Parfum

Quote Originally Posted by d r e View Post
    In the opening I thought it was too Citrusy for a Vanilla frag, but it smoothnes out after a few minutes and kinda keeps it from getting too powdery/dry. This is pretty close to what I was looking for, thanks again for that rec
    Glad to hear it!! We make recommendations quite a bit so good when one turns out.

I still have a lot left in my mini, and it doesn't take much per wearing, so have quite a while before I have to decide on adding FB......
    Currently wearing: Worth pour Homme by Worth

Celine Black Tie is really good. A straight vanilla without florals or woods really. Smoother and more natural than Eau Duelle.

Juliette has a gun Vanilla Vibes seemed in the right area also. A salty sweet fresh Vanilla, nothing out there, pretty plain and straightforward

I also got samples of Celine Black Tie, Montale Vanille Absolu on the way, going thru reviews on the rest of the suggestions. I will most likely try the Guerlains soon
    Vaniglia del Madagascar Farmacia SS. Annunziata - You might like this one
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by woodnotes55 View Post
    Glad to hear it!! We make recommendations quite a bit so good when one turns out.

I still have a lot left in my mini, and it doesn't take much per wearing, so have quite a while before I have to decide on adding FB......
    Well that's pretty much the only rec on here (that was new to me) that I've tried so far haha. There's always a few reviews that keep me from sampling a lot of stuff. Like someone elsewhere described Vanilla Vibes as rancid sunscreen or something, but then I tried it in store and thought it was pretty good! I guess I just gotta just give some of these a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian5701 View Post
    Celine Black Tie is really good. A straight vanilla without florals or woods really. Smoother and more natural than Eau Duelle.
    Yeah I got a sample of that one the other day and thought it was great, but I've had some sinus congestion so I haven't thoroughly tested it yet. First impression, a lot like a refined version of Ultra Males dry down. Maybe I got a lil bit of the Orris Butter (if that's like that Dior Homme Iris) shaping the vanilla too.

I've had a sample of Memoirs of a Trespasser just chilling for a while now, maybe will retry that one soon

Molinard Vanille is something I'll get a sample of for sure, any plain Vanillas are basically guaranteed good samples at this point.

Still making carts on tons of different sample sites and reading reviews on these other ones

Blog Entries

Molinard Vanille is something I'll get a sample of for sure, any plain Vanillas are basically guaranteed good samples at this point.
    You'll be pleasantly surprised with it. I'm glad that snobbery often overlooks this one tbh, it's one of the best kept vanilla fragrance secrets.
    All Time Top 10: Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Absolute, Corduroy, Seduction in Black, Itasca, Arpege pH, Burberry London, Spark Seduction, Paul Smith Man, Eau des Baux
    Currently wearing: Cool Water by Davidoff

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    You'll be pleasantly surprised with it. I'm glad that snobbery often overlooks this one tbh, it's one of the best kept vanilla fragrance secrets.
    I've never sampled any Molinards. I should.
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader

Armani Code Absolu is pretty nice for a modern, sweet but not candied, and mildly spiced up vanilla. (Personally, I prefer vanilla more as a supporting player in old school fragrances - Pierre Cardin pour Monsieur and Jaguar for Men being good examples.)
    Spray less, love more.

Lots of good ones mentioned.

Nishane's Ani is a powerful vanilla fragrance with amazing projection. One of the strongest vanilla scents I've ever smelled.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Varanis Ridari View Post
    I've never sampled any Molinards. I should.
    Solid mostly unisex frags. Problem is that acquiring samples is kind of hard in America, I believe this is a popular label in France.
    All Time Top 10: Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Absolute, Corduroy, Seduction in Black, Itasca, Arpege pH, Burberry London, Spark Seduction, Paul Smith Man, Eau des Baux
    Currently wearing: Cool Water by Davidoff

I'm wearing Atelier Cologne Vanille Intense in the sunny (10F!) UK today - really nice, not overly sweet.