Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Sunday, 4th April, 2021

Scent of the Day Thread for Sunday, 4th April, 2021

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Saturday, 3rd April, 2021 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Saturday, 3rd April, 2021 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Diamond Water by JAR

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Sunday, 4th April, 2021

La Nuit De L'Orchidee by Pierre Guillaume

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent
    ------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

hello all & Happy Easter,
    vtg. Iris Bleu Gris

Hello all.

Iris Ganache by Guerlain
    DONNA

5th day of Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDT Cologne Concentree
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Terre D'Hermes EDP.

Happy Easter!

Feeling festive in my Guilty Absolute that I have been rationing and not wearing much during pandemic, so it feels like more normal, better times to me.

easter.jpg

Donna Karan Gold.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Basenotes Plus

Arabians Tonka by Montale
    Currently wearing: Orchid Powder by Montale

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Sunday, 4th April, 2021

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

Afternoon all!

lt's a beautiful sunny day here, & we're both heading out to the garden: Mr teardrop will sit reading in his comfy "lockdown chair", while l prune the giant buddleia. Bliss!

He's not lazy by the way, l just won't let him touch the garden. His "slash & burn" approach gives me the heebees.

We had a roast lamb dinner last night to celebrate Easter, because this evening we'll be sending out for pizza & watching the Rangers game.

l'm wearing Soliflore Narcissus.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Our daughter and son in law are hosting us for a socially distanced dinner today. All parties are vaccinated. I am bringing my homemade Easter breads, pizza rustica, and grain pie.

Lancome Jasmins Marzipane today. Happy Easter! Celebrating or no, wishing you all a good day.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

1872 for Men

Happy Easter! d4704e48-f5a2-43bd-b92c-717d7c381712.jpg

I am wearing

Brûlure de Rose 13 Pierre Guillaume Paris

BRULURE-DE-ROSE_PG13_Artwork-722x1024.jpg

Basenotes Plus

SotE: Stephane Humbert Lucas 777 - Khol De Bahrein.

Happy Easter everyone Yesterday the bf made roasted lamb with herbs, lemon and garlic + a sauce of stock and whitewine Today we're having lamb-kebab. My sister and her bf are coming over for dinner Sotd is Ormonde woman. Happy Easter to those who celebrate
    Attached Images Attached Images

Common Lackey

Inee, that looks like a lovely supper, and I'm happy to see that real Norwegians own Marimekko.

I think my only Easter meal contribution is going be to a tray of Hot Cross Buns.

I wish I liked Diorissimo, it seems like the perfect scent for today. In fact, florals are so sparsely represented in my wardrobe, I think I'll need to pull out the Mitsouko to scratch that rare floral itch today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Inee, that looks like a lovely supper, and I'm happy to see that real Norwegians own Marimekko.

I think my only Easter meal contribution is going be to a tray of Hot Cross Buns.

I wish I liked Diorissimo, it seems like the perfect scent for today. In fact, florals are so sparsely represented in my wardrobe, I think I'll need to pull out the Mitsouko to scratch that rare floral itch today.

It was I'm priviliged to live with someone who is a very good cook And I do love Marimekko. In the other flat we had Marimekko curtains

Happy Easter! Wearing Attrape-Coeur on the final day of packing before we head north.
    Currently wearing: Red Queen by 4160 Tuesdays

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    ... And I do love Marimekko. In the other flat we had Marimekko curtains
    Ineespenes, I love Marimekko too! I have a large wall art in the same pattern in my kitchen, except mine's orange.

Cookbot, do you remember the Marimekko store at Ghirardelli Square? Now I have to get my Marimekko textiles online.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Sillage Monster

I'm wearing Le Lion de Chanel as usual on a Sunday.

We're having our traditional Hawaiian-style Easter ham for brunch with Japanese rice, blanched asparagus, and King's Hawaiian rolls. I made a coconut cake decorated with Jelly Beans for dessert. Oh, and French 75 cocktails!
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark;5151963[B
    Cookbot[, do you remember the Marimekko store at Ghirardelli Square? Now I have to get my Marimekko textiles online.
    No, apparently that's one recollection we don't share. Ikea quite often has Marimikko linens.

Hello and Happy Easter to all who celebrate. Everyone's celebratory meals sound (and Ine's also looks) delicious!

jujy, your orchestra outing sounds divine. I've got a special place in my heart for Philadelphia's (now retired for Orchestra concerts) Academy of Music, but "your" hall looks beautiful, and I bet the sound is spectacular.

My SOTD continues the sample exploration, and I'm joining the iris contingent today in Floraiku First Dreams of the Year. On me it's a light and cheerful orange blossom/iris bouquet - Very satisfying and appropriate for Spring!

Super Sunday, all!

First Dream of the Year fragrance notes: Grapefruit, Orange blossom, Iris concrete absolute.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson
    Currently wearing: Sacred Memory by Kerosene

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Happy Easter to my celebrating friends! It's a good day here--sunny and mild, perfect for puttering in the garden, adding a bit of compost and getting ready for planting.

Sotd is Highland Lilac.
    She who laughs last.....

Blog Entries

lt's been warm enough to wear a t-shirt in the garden today! Glad l made the most of it because it's meant to get very cold again tomorrow.

Wearing Moon Breath this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

Basenotes Plus

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes. I don't think its really sunk in yet, and also I'm not really needing to exercise any of my stock options at this time - nonetheless it is fun to keep an eye on the stock price every day. I am also bracing myself for a whole bunch of extra business now that Realtors in FL come to our company.

ineesepenes - great picture!

Happy Easter to all that celebrate. I didn't even buy Giancarlo a card this year - it's been a lazy Easter weekend for both of us but we're going out later to Fort Lauderdale beach (Miami Beach is too full of tourists) for some time on the sand and maybe a nice meal (I would love lamb or even ham - reading about all of your Easter meals). Other than that I have a bottle of champagne in the fridge and we're watching Godzilla movies nonstop all weekend (they are soooo bad lol)

Yesterday I wore more Giacobetti: Dzing! (I got a compliment from 2 people who smelled me) and today I'm in:

Santal Galore by Areej le Dore

It's such a weird Mysore - the durian note gives it this umami sort of smell/sensation.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood
    Currently wearing: Dunhill for Men by Dunhill

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Bois De Vetiver by Jacques Bogart

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

ExtremeK and TrilbyLark, I hear you on the samples. In one bowl on top of the perfume cabinet I found six samples I hadn't smelled, and that's only in one little bowl! I think I have given up on trying to smell all the samples I have.

I don't celebrate Easter but I had lamb last night for dinner. Yesterday I bought a new garden shed online, I wanted another metal one and most of what I can get in person is either plastic or much bigger than I want. I'm hoping I can put most of it together on my own although I know I'll need a hand with the roof section.

I am so happy that your routine, Quarry, seems to be settling into your usual. Maybe skip the two tons of riprap this year.

Jujy, your concert hall is so beautiful. I used to sit in ours and look at the cracks in the ceiling.

I am wearing Angel Muse, and as I mentioned before, I've never had anything evaporate as quickly as this. It's a manufacturer's 10ml and probably 8mls have evaporated over 2-3 years.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.