Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: New Amouage: Material and Boundless

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Renaud, whats the situation with smaller volume bottles, 30ml?
    Any good news u can deliver?
    Yes please.

Boundless sounds really intriguing to me. I have to admit that the ad copy sucked me in, just a bit. I will seek out a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by rsalmon View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Just to say that the fragrances were leaked by one retailer with some wrong descriptions etc.
    Well it now looks like those links have vanished from Escentual's website. I wonder if they come back at all with the correct info & retain the original links/URLs.

Quote Originally Posted by akadem View Post
    Up for sale at Harrods.
    Someone please buy and report!
    I placed an order for Boundless. Should be here early next week.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Ugh. Study on vanilla. Im not excited. From the names i was thinking boundless should be an airy aldehydic incense, and material would focus on a simple composition and fantastic materials.
    I smell.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Ugh. Study on vanilla. Im not excited. From the names i was thinking boundless should be an airy aldehydic incense, and material would focus on a simple composition and fantastic materials.
    Material it's a study on vanilla, not Boundless:
    Material is not a mere study on Vanilla: it is Vanilla untamed and unleashed.

Boundless it's woody:
    “When I created Boundless, I wanted to play with the idea of a ‘golden wood’ and a gateway to a dense jungle where wood essences of all kinds can be perceived. I used the raw aspect of vetiver roots, the smoky effect of guaiac wood and the earthy tones of patchouli, supported by oak moss. I represented the reflection of sun rays piercing through the branches with natural materials evoking light and the golden colour, such as vanilla, cardamom and ginger or balsams: frankincense, benzoin, labdanum and myrrh,” expressed Karine Vinchon-Spehner.
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

[QUOTE=akadem;5153903]Up for sale at Harrods.
    Someone please buy and report![/QUOTE

Thanks for the heads up.
    Ordered.

Basenotes Plus

[QUOTE=Benjaminjamesdoughty;5154924]
    Quote Originally Posted by akadem View Post
    Up for sale at Harrods.
    Someone please buy and report![/QUOTE

Thanks for the heads up.
    Ordered.
    I also ordered. While it would have been cheaper to wait and get it from Amouage or another site at at the end of the month (shipping from Harrods to USA is $42.50), I am unfortunately too impatient when it comes to new Amouage fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLysergic View Post
    Boundless sounds really intriguing to me. I have to admit that the ad copy sucked me in, just a bit. I will seek out a sample.
    Yep, same here. A sample can't get here soon enough!
    Top Five Faves in my Wardrobe:
    1. Imitation Man -Amouage
    2. Michael for Men (vintage) -Michael Kors
    3. Fille en Aiguilles -Serge Lutens
    4. Malibu Party in the Bay -Simone Andreoli
    5. Overture -Amouage

[QUOTE=Blizzard;5156142]
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjaminjamesdoughty View Post

I also ordered. While it would have been cheaper to wait and get it from Amouage or another site at at the end of the month (shipping from Harrods to USA is $42.50), I am unfortunately too impatient when it comes to new Amouage fragrances.
    I completely understand!!
    Currently wearing: Myths Man by Amouage

[QUOTE=NZFH;5156190]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post

I completely understand!!
    If I may - I know that it is in the historical "women's bottle"... but I hope that some of you will be able to sample Material... it is totally unisex and worth checking. The vanilla note is vanilla absolute - not vanillin, meaning it is more leathery and animalic than foody.

If I may - I know that it is in the historical "women's bottle"... but I hope that some of you will be able to sample Material... it is totally unisex and worth checking. The vanilla note is vanilla absolute - not vanillin, meaning it is more leathery and animalic than foody.
    Sounds fascinating! I usually give the women's release a sniff, out of curiosity. Material seems especially interesting.

[QUOTE=rsalmon;5156285]
    Quote Originally Posted by NZFH View Post

Sounds great. My bottle should arrive today.
    I appreciate the lack of gender markers for the scents on the press release. I think that’s a big step forward.

[QUOTE=Benjaminjamesdoughty;5156312]

Sounds great. My bottle should arrive today.
    I appreciate the lack of gender markers for the scents on the press release. I think that’s a big step forward.
    Please let us know your thoughts on it. I'm really intrigued!
    5. Overture -Amouage

[QUOTE=rsalmon;5156285]

I was afraid that you would say this, as Material sounds excellent to me. It is likely that I will pull the trigger on it in the near future. I am looking forward to feedback from others on this one.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    I placed an order for Boundless. Should be here early next week.
    Attachment 151146

Waiting on The Bark.
    Sometimes I just agree with people so they can stop talking. — Jet Li
    Currently wearing: Laskarina by Frapin

Just my first thoughts after a few days with boundless:

I’d describe this as golden green. Slightly sharp orange and ginger over patchouli and a rich base. Expertly blended.

Not a love at first sniff by any means but it gets surprisingly addictive and requires much more testing to unpack - but I love that about it.

As it dries down I sense similarities to bracken man just in the green forest floor feeling it gives.

This was made by one of my favourite perfumers and is definitely worth a try. Will update when I’ve worn it more.

I also have a bottle of material (which right now comes across to me as a typical benzoin, labdanum type scent) but will give it much more testing before giving any thoughts.

I’d describe this as golden green. Slightly sharp orange and ginger over patchouli and a rich base. Expertly blended.

Not a love at first sniff by any means but it gets surprisingly addictive and requires much more testing to unpack - but I love that about it.

As it dries down I sense similarities to bracken man just in the green forest floor feeling it gives.

This was made by one of my favourite perfumers and is definitely worth a try. Will update when I’ve worn it more.

I also have a bottle of material (which right now comes across to me as a typical benzoin, labdanum type scent) but will give it much more testing before giving any thoughts.
    Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by scenting prey View Post
    Attachment 151146

Waiting on The Bark.
    Me, too, unfortunately. Packaged cleared customs in Cincinnati last night. DHL typically has it delivered by 12:30pm, but the status has not been updated since so there's no reason for me to believe it's reached the local DHL office (only an hour away) for final delivery. I really don't understand shipping companies any longer. The more you pay for shipping, the longer it apparently takes.

Update: yeah, they're on my shit-list now. I read something in another thread about issues in Cincinnati recently, but to have the package arrive before midnight and not ship to another hour away is inexcusable and unacceptable for the cost. I'll update tomorrow, assuming its delivered then, to let you know if the delivery person dropped the package and ran away when I opened the door, lol.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.51.36 AM.jpg
    Last edited by The Bark; 14th April 2021 at 04:05 PM.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Thank you for painting that picture. I'm intrigued about Boundless. Will have to get a sample or decant.
    5. Overture -Amouage

That sounds interesting! I am a little bit on the cautious side since the first round of Non-Chongs. Unfortunately neither Meander nor Enclave did much for me and left me worrying for the house as the general direction seems to be exactly what they wanted: more western mainstream. Relatively upscale and not really bad, yes, but in my opinion these fragrances would be more at home if they came from houses like Chanel, Dior or maybe MFK. Just not what I am looking for these days, especially not from Amouage. I appreciate the informative posts from rsalmon though and will sample Boundless once it's more available.
    Currently wearing: Ébène by Pierre Balmain

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    That sounds interesting! I am a little bit on the cautious side since the first round of Non-Chongs. Unfortunately neither Meander nor Enclave did much for me and left me worrying for the house as the general direction seems to be exactly what the wanted: more western mainstream. Relatively upscale and not really bad, yes, but in my opinion they would be more at home if they came from houses like Chanel, Dior or maybe MFK. Just not what I am looking for these days, especially not from Amouage. I appreciate the informative posts from rsalmon though and will sample Boundless once it's more available.
    I understand - all I can say is that I wanted them to feel quite different from the Renaissance Collection. I worked with two perfumers (Karine and Cecile) who had created with Christopher in the past and went for more complexity and what I consider to be a different style. But I'll let you judge if you can sample them!

Currently wearing: Ébène by Pierre Balmain

Well, I just raked DHL over the coals and then some. Package has now been less 100 miles away for 38 hrs and was delivered to the local processing center as of this morning, but still not out for delivery so I'm not expecting it today, either. It's now been "traveling" here in the same state longer than it took to several locations in the UK and then to Cincinnati. Truly, truly disappointing.

Well, I just raked DHL over the coals and then some. Package has now been less 100 miles away for 38 hrs and was delivered to the local processing center as of this morning, but still not out for delivery so I'm not expecting it today, either. It's now been "traveling" here in the same state longer than it took to several locations in the UK and then to Cincinnati. Truly, truly disappointing.
    Sorry to hear that - very frustrating indeed!

Still - very interested to hear your thoughts when it arrives.

Sorry to hear that - very frustrating indeed!

Still - very interested to hear your thoughts when it arrives.
    I've been assured it will arrive tomorrow by the end of the day. I really don't understand how it arrived less than a 100 miles away Tuesday night and couldn't be delivered until tomorrow. That's not express and certainly not worth the $45 or thereabouts Harrods charges with no other options. Typically, DHL is very good - even arguably the best. It hits Cincy Tuesday night it's delivered the next day.

I've been assured it will arrive tomorrow by the end of the day. I really don't understand how it arrived less than a 100 miles away Tuesday night and couldn't be delivered until tomorrow. That's not express and certainly not worth the $45 or thereabouts Harrods charges with no other options. Typically, DHL is very good - even arguably the best. It hits Cincy Tuesday night it's delivered the next day.
    Ive had similar situations with USPS to NZ, where the package seems to sit at customs or other place locally for several days - with no explanation.

Basenotes Plus

HDS is on the job!

Sometimes I just agree with people so they can stop talking. — Jet Li
    Currently wearing: Laskarina by Frapin

Quote Originally Posted by scenting prey View Post
    HDS is on the job!

Obviously I'd be fuming if this happened to me, but I can't help but laugh at JC's moves and generally humorous nature.

I bet every fragrance head feels like they receive the HDS service at some point. In the UK I bet most could relate it to Yodel and Hermes deliveries easily.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast