Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD: Wednesday, 7th April, 2021

teardop - I am sure your husband is happy to know his mom is coming home. I hope she recovers fully

Trilby - I had the same reaction to smelling Jicky the 1st time. Parfum is one of my fav concentrations of the scent, but to be honest, I like all versions of Jicky, that's why I own Mouchoir de Monsieur, as I see it as just another formulation of Jicky. I wonder why Guerlain never did a flanker of Jicky when they so many for Shalimar?

Shycat - good news for your family!

I didn't sleep well (I think I might have a bit of sleep apnea going going, I was itching and I have a bit of a cough left over from last week - I am a mess!) but I still did go to Cross Fit this morning (I wore Mysore Sandalwood EO on my knees) and today I drained my decant of this one:

Bois Noir by Chanel

So yeah, I have always loved Egoiste so of course I am really enjoying this. It is slightly different, so I'm glad I was able to smell it to compare. It's like the masculine version of Bois des Iles but with this neat lavender note. Not as dense and fruity as Egoiste - but it does have aldehydes in spades. Clearly you can smell the Mysore Sandalwood in this - which is just so nice.

I always wear Egoiste when I fly (it's a silly tradition I've followed for years now) so of course today I feel like traveling lol.

I like it, but I think I'll stick with vintage Egoiste for now.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Performing the BN salute

Blog Entries

Teardrop, did they give you a diagnosis for MIL's troubles yet? Hope it's nothing of great concern.
    Great Aunt Shycat, has a nice ring to it.
    Knocked off the last season-sensitive to-do's: pruning grape and sowing clover around rhubarb. Bring on the rain please.
    I'm revisiting Misia edt because I saw someone selling a bottle of this original formulation. Happily for my bank account, I don't feel like I need more.

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! My MIL is home, & they've arranged for someone to visit her each day & ensure she takes her meds correctly. They think she might have been taking too much, forgetting that she'd already taken them, & that's probably what caused the problem. They're also making some adjustments to her bathroom so she can use the facilities safely. lt's great to know she's safe & well!

Shycat, fingers crossed that all will be well for your nephew & his wife.

jujy, that's hilarious!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: OSA by Note di Profumum

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Be Bop Man by Kesling

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Tom Ford Beau de Jour
    TF Beau de Jour pic.jpg
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

That's very good news, teardrop!
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Smell Good, Feel Good

SOTE
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News, Plan B
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious s***." ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTE

Great and hopeful news, teardrop and ShyCat, and jujy - Good one. Hah!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson
    Currently wearing: Marina by Mazzolari

Between two pine trees

More happy news! Congratulations, Shycat!

I wasn’t feeling like vetiver tonight. Instead, I’m back in the spicy, myrrhic sandalwood of Profumum Santalum.

Creed Baie de Genievre
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Verveine Narcisse by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I didn't sleep well (I think I might have a bit of sleep apnea going going, I was itching and I have a bit of a cough left over from last week - I am a mess!) but I still did go to Cross Fit this morning (I wore Mysore Sandalwood EO on my knees) and today I drained my decant of this one:

Bois Noir by Chanel

So yeah, I have always loved Egoiste so of course I am really enjoying this. It is slightly different, so I'm glad I was able to smell it to compare. It's like the masculine version of Bois des Iles but with this neat lavender note. Not as dense and fruity as Egoiste - but it does have aldehydes in spades. Clearly you can smell the Mysore Sandalwood in this - which is just so nice.

I always wear Egoiste when I fly (it's a silly tradition I've followed for years now) so of course today I feel like traveling lol.

I like it, but I think I'll stick with vintage Egoiste for now.
    Nice review of Bois Noir. It's slightly different to it's successor Egoiste EDT. Bois Noir has a slightly citrusy accord with some lavender, notes that aren't present in Egoiste. While good the premium that it holds isn't justifiable to own a bottle imo.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Verveine Narcisse by Creed

Dioressence, which just arrived yesterday.

I work in a field of medicine that is notorious for causing nausea, so it feels rude to wear scents at work. Thus, I waited until I was home, and used a single spray while changing into nightclothes.

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Redryder View Post
    Dioressence, which just arrived yesterday.

I work in a field of medicine that is notorious for causing nausea, so it feels rude to wear scents at work. Thus, I waited until I was home, and used a single spray while changing into nightclothes.
    welcome, Redryder!
    Là, tout n'est qu'ordre et beauté,
    Luxe, calme et volupté.

Baudelaire, L'Invitation au voyage