Code of Conduct

Default Undershirts / Tshirts - your preferences?

Too long have I been putting up with yellow stains under the arm pits, or sheer shirts. Wife got me some beefy JC Penney / Stafford brand. I thought they would be too heavy but no, they are not. A bit pricier than than the Hanes/Fruit of the Loom brands at Walmart about $21 for 4 when you get them on sale at Penney's versus about $14 for 6 of the Hanes.

I even tried the 60% cotton / 40% polyester shirts that are 'cooler" Again, Hanes is so sheer. However, I got some from a brand called Arizona at JC Penney and they seem better somehow. Got them in grey to wear under white shirts as they show less under a white cotton dress shirt than a white tshirt.

I prefer v neck over a crew. Starting to wear less white and more of the grey year round. And even a couple of black for sweaters

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Undershirts / Tshirts - your preferences?

For white undershirts, I use Prada. For T-shirts I'll wear any to relax in as long as they are 100% cotton.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

I never wear undershirts unless I'm wearing a sweater. Under a dress shirt, I think they look tacky. I did buy a few v-neck plain white and a grey tshirt from Banana Republic and I love to wear those to work or just for casual on the weekends. I love em!
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I never wear undershirts unless I'm wearing a sweater. Under a dress shirt, I think they look tacky. I did buy a few v-neck plain white and a grey tshirt from Banana Republic and I love to wear those to work or just for casual on the weekends. I love em!
    My sentiments exactly. I do love Lacoste v-necks by themselves for summer wear, in all kinds of colors.

Have some CK undershirts and some cheaper ones by the in house brands found in most large chain stores.

Having said this, always undershirts for winter and colder weather below a dress shirt, blouse or sweater and once the weather becomes warmer, either polo shirts or simply, clean cut collarless and/or sleeveless t-shirts, usually in mostly functional, neutral, non flashy colors-owning simply too many of the latter by too many brands to have one long term favorite label (yet).
    Currently wearing: Derrick by Orlane

Outlier NYC ultrafine merino T-shirts. Outlier has fantastic color selection typically (though lots of the best colorways sell out basically immediately), merino is awesome, and they are durable as heck.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Crew neck. No pocket t's! Black, gray, and white. No visible text, label, etc.

I like the Tommy John t-shirts, both in crew even and v-neck as well as Jockey and CK. All 3 stay “tucked” and tend not to discolor too quickly and hold their shape.

I actually took a chance on New Balance undershirts I saw at Marshall’s that were on clearance and have liked them quite a bit.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa