Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Daniel Josier is finally getting some love!

I've been an advocate of this house for a few months now since discovering them. It wasn't until recently I have seen people reviewing the stuff on Youtube.

I have tried 4 of their scents. Ambre Tabac, Green Leather, Kaleidoscope, and Quetzaly, and all of them have been fantastic. My least favorite Quetzaly is still quite good. Green Leather is like a mix of Pure Havane and Tuscan Leather, Ambre Tabac is somewhat of a less sweet Ambre Nargulie with an oud undertone, and Kaleidoscope, I loved so much that I bought a bottle. I'm tempted to buy bottles of Green Leather and Ambre Tabac as well.

Usually it takes me a while to warm up to niche frags, but these have all been bottle worthy imo. The price is great for niche, the value, and presentation is ok if you're into that. The box has a label on it that reminds me of House of Matriarch's label. I've said it a couple times, but I truly think Green Leather could be the next big thing in the fragrance community, it has that it factor that appeals to everyone, and it's great quality, and different.

What shocks me is this brand is not new at all, but is just now starting to get some play? Anyone else have any experience with this house, and what are your favorites?
    All Time Top 10: Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Absolute, Corduroy, Seduction in Black, Itasca, Arpege pH, Burberry London, Spark Seduction, Paul Smith Man, Eau des Baux

Default Re: Daniel Josier is finally getting some love!

I have had three for over two years now: Ambre Tabac was the first I purchased in the fall of 2018. Then Green Leather, with notes that made it sound like a Tuscan Leather clone. Anything but! Then I purchased Bois D'Iris which is very close to Bois D'Argent. Quetzaly's notes have intrigued me, but I haven't made a purchase or gone for a sample yet. The ones I have, I've been very satisfied with and share your sentiments with.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Have tried Quetzaly, Josune, Green Leather, Ambre Tabac and Mystery Oud.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    I have had three for over two years now: Ambre Tabac was the first I purchased in the fall of 2018. Then Green Leather, with notes that made it sound like a Tuscan Leather clone. Anything but! Then I purchased Bois D'Iris which is very close to Bois D'Argent. Quetzaly's notes have intrigued me, but I haven't made a purchase or gone for a sample yet. The ones I have, I've been very satisfied with and share your sentiments with.
    I think Green Leather gets compared to TL, because it's the closest thing to it. It's definitely not a clone though.

Quetzaly I would not blind buy, unless you're collector. I don't really get avacado, but I do get an interesting accord. I do get the chili though, but that's not all that uncommon. To me it smells quite aldehydic, there's something in it that reminds me of Shalimar, and Chanel No 5 as it dries down, but it also reminds me of a few frags that mix up orange blossom, violet and/or iris, to create this accord. It's a pretty interesting fragrance, and although not something I would wear out I don't think, it draws me in to smell myself, especially through the addictive dry down, it's extremely compelling. I guess what I'm trying to say with Quetzaly, is that if money were no problem, I would buy a bottle, but I don't see myself wearing it as much as the other 3 I have smelled. Fwiw, I bought a sample of it from someone on Ebay for about $12-13 shipped, I don't remember, for 5 ml. It's probably the best deal you will find if you wanna try it out, I don't think this is accessible to sniff in any store, like the rest of the line. I found Ebay to be better through reputable sellers I've dealt with, rather than buying a discovery set that's gonna be filled with stuff I know I won't like.

I think I've found all the winners from the brand. I wouldn't mind trying the vetiver one, and also Interdit Absente. I've never smelled Bois D'Argent I don't think, so I'm not sure if Bois D'Iris would be worth my while or not.
    All Time Top 10: Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Absolute, Corduroy, Seduction in Black, Itasca, Arpege pH, Burberry London, Spark Seduction, Paul Smith Man, Eau des Baux

Ambre Tabac is similar to Ambre Narguile and Oajan, but AN is the best of the bunch.

Daniel Josier - Ambre Tabac
    it's highly praised, but I avoided blind buying it because it is compared to Ambre D'Alexandrie from Boucheron, which I really like, but I don't want it in my collection.

I'd like to test Bois d'Iris.

Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Basenotes Junkie

I've only tried Green Leather & Ambre Tabac, but liked both.

Green Leather didn't remind me of Tuscan Leather or anything else really, kinda unique but somehow normal, like it isn't something strange.

Ambre Tabac reminded me of all the Apple Pie frags, 1M Privé, Angels' Share, but seemed done well. A bit drier maybe, which I enjoyed.

Would've tried Koladeiscope if they had it. Seen these at Perfumania