Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Vintage Fahrenheit so many bottles for sale ?

"Vintage Fahrenheit by Christian Dior, authentic, no returns"
    How is it possible? dozens of perfumes for sale, all with the same batch code?
    is it real or there is something suspicious?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fahrenheit-...e2cc%7Ciid%3A1

Default Re: Vintage Fahrenheit so many bottles for sale ?

Fake. Someone already said that in negative feedback

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by annetteo View Post
    Fake. Someone already said that in negative feedback
    I like it when one negative feedback negates all those positive feedbacks so I guess they're fake too? Anyway I wondered about this too, but took the chance and bought one. I figured if I have a problem I could take it up with eBay. All I can say is my bottle smells like Fahrenheit, and the batch code on the bottle matches the batch code on the box. So if they are fakes, someone is getting really good at this.
    Currently wearing: Équipage by Hermès

Well, too suspicious to take the chance...
    Celophane paper too bright and new, I don't think Dior's sticker was like that (in late 90s?), impeccable box, lots of bottles being suddenly sold with same batch code...
    It wouldn't surprise me if the seller was from eastern europe (specially Russia and Ukraine) or Turkey. The US seller is probably importing cheap fake stuff to resell due to all the hype surrounding vintage fahrenheit and its consequential rocket-high prices...

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFrank75 View Post
    I figured if I have a problem I could take it up with eBay.
    Sound reasoning. Enjoy.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

So I emailed the seller and their reply, shown below, sounds reasonable.

"Hi My father was a distributer for Christian Dior. So he saved a lot of Fahrenheit and now he's retired. I'm selling off the last of his inventory. So I know they are not fake. I already sold over 6 cases and now I'm down to 3 cases. If your already thinking they are fake, We'll then please do not buy this item. I
    Thank you for your interest.
    "

My thinking is if these were fake there would have to be more than one negative feedback after all this time. Nothing wrong with being skeptic, especially when it comes to eBay. In this case I think they're legit as my bottle has that similar scent that I also pick up from my bottle of Parfum.

So I emailed the seller and their reply, shown below, sounds reasonable.

"Hi My father was a distributer for Christian Dior. So he saved a lot of Fahrenheit and now he's retired. I'm selling off the last of his inventory. So I know they are not fake. I already sold over 6 cases and now I'm down to 3 cases. If your already thinking they are fake, We'll then please do not buy this item. I
    Thank you for your interest.
    "

My thinking is if these were fake there would have to be more than one negative feedback after all this time. Nothing wrong with being skeptic, especially when it comes to eBay. In this case I think they're legit as my bottle has that similar scent that I also pick up from my bottle of Parfum.
    This looks to be pre 1996 correct?

Wait is this from 1987?

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I think those are from 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I think those are from 1997.
    Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiRobbie View Post
    This looks to be pre 1996 correct?
    My bottle/box have 7081M as the batch code which would date it to 1997.

They look legit to me. I'd only be concerned if there were a bunch of others for sale from different sellers with that same batch code. One person having a bunch from the same batch doesn't seem suspicious, and no one is making perfect fakes for just one ebay seller. Also, the negative feedback is a little suspicious. Why couldn't they get their money back? Ebay is pretty much money back guarantee for any reason.

Blog Entries

Just wondering what is the criteria people use to scream fake? Logic would dictate russia/ukraine would be filled with them, with a starting price of $25-50 - as they do for bottles that retail for $500 plus. There is one russia seller who has vintage fahrenheit. It's best to strictly keep with retail outlets, if you're going to scream "fake" at this too, as of now.

Looks legit to me.

That one negative feedback claiming he couldn't get money back is fishy to me. I've sold original sealed with receipt from brick and mortar store. I posted the receipt from the authorized store in the dispute with eBay and asked seller to post why he thought what he got was fake, he said "I wont post anything eBay will give me my money back"... ZERO proof or effort from his side and eBay sided with him...

I like it when one negative feedback negates all those positive feedbacks so I guess they're fake too? Anyway I wondered about this too, but took the chance and bought one. I figured if I have a problem I could take it up with eBay. All I can say is my bottle smells like Fahrenheit, and the batch code on the bottle matches the batch code on the box. So if they are fakes, someone is getting really good at this.
    These things crack me up. There are surely some sellers with perfect feedback but for anyone doing any significant volume of sales one or two people saying "fake" seems to just come with the territory. If that is the only warning flag and the auction pics/description look legit I would go for it.... as you did, and it worked out for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Just wondering what is the criteria people use to scream fake? Logic would dictate russia/ukraine would be filled with them, with a starting price of $25-50 - as they do for bottles that retail for $500 plus. There is one russia seller who has vintage fahrenheit. It's best to strictly keep with retail outlets, if you're going to scream "fake" at this too, as of now.
    It's obvious, it smells different than the buyer expected!!! Look at BN, filled with enthusiasts who have access to lots of good information on the site and are presumably better informed than the average buyer. Then look how often there are threads "xyz is a fake". There are threads where people bought from a department store, from amazon, from the manufacturer, all kinds of things. Threads that say "this doesn't smell like I remember from my dorm room sample so it must be fake....".... Then there are the "this is a fake" thread where someone replies that no, it was reformulated and has changed. It seems silly, but there are a lot of people inclined to jump to "fake" too fast and too often, and surely many of them are leaving feedback.... You are correct, some people who worry too much are best to stick to full price retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post
    That one negative feedback claiming he couldn't get money back is fishy to me. I've sold original sealed with receipt from brick and mortar store. I posted the receipt from the authorized store in the dispute with eBay and asked seller to post why he thought what he got was fake, he said "I wont post anything eBay will give me my money back"... ZERO proof or effort from his side and eBay sided with him...
    It's definitely swung too far to the buyer side. It may be they got the refund and left that feedback just to be a jerk, who knows. But when someone has one "fake" comment but many good feedback, and has an account open for an extended time, they are less likely to be selling fakes. The ones mainly or only selling fakes will just close the account and start a new one when they get bad feedback, a real seller will be po'd but just keep going with a neg or two not matter what the reason is.......

Not to say there is no risk on the bay, but it seems to get exaggerated a lot.....

This is the REAL DEAL! Just got my bottle today and immediately bought a backup. Sealed, CD sticker on top, pamphlet inside, fragrance is the same as I remembered! My bottle/box have 7081M as the batch code also. The seller shipped fast and packaging was incredible!

IMG_8900.jpg
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

All Is Beautiful

thank you - I got mine today and it seems real. I haven't opened it but you can see it's authentic. Thank you
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by nosey74 View Post
    This is the REAL DEAL! Just got my bottle today and immediately bought a backup. Sealed, CD sticker on top, pamphlet inside, fragrance is the same as I remembered! My bottle/box have 7081M as the batch code also. The seller shipped fast and packaging was incredible!
    I had thought about buying another bottle. I haven't worn Fahrenheit enough to know if I even like it in the first place. Looks like there's plenty of buyers that bought a second bottle a few days later.

Basenotes Plus

I had thought about buying another bottle. I haven't worn Fahrenheit enough to know if I even like it in the first place. Looks like there's plenty of buyers that bought a second bottle a few days later.
    This seller should be writing a long thank you note to Basenotes. I took a look at his listing a few weeks ago and he had over 30 watchers. It felt like everyone was just sitting and waiting for confirmation to finally pull the trigger

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

They'll all be sold at this rate. XD
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader

Basenotes Plus

Stock up while you still can!

I wish the thread would be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Varanis Ridari View Post
    They'll all be sold at this rate. XD
    eBay says seller still has 40% left!

I'm not falling to the temptation Looks legit and if this was 6 months ago, I'd have picked a 6 pack or more. Thankfully, I still have 2+ bottles, after shave lotion, Deo etc. Not going to go for it. Enjoy folks - it's indeed a great price.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Basenotes Plus

I caved in, there's another bottle on its way to the shore. My GF gave me her bite of approval after I sprayed on Fahrenheit for my SOTE.

I caved in, there's another bottle on its way to the shore. My GF gave me her bite of approval after I sprayed on Fahrenheit for my SOTE.
    B.O.A.

Ordered enough for life when I first saw this. lol.

The only Fahrenheit bottles that I would ever consider would be the 30 Avenue Hoche, it's the only Fahrenheit that I found some enjoyment in.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    The only Fahrenheit bottles that I would ever consider would be the 30 Avenue Hoche, it's the only Fahrenheit that I found some enjoyment in.
    Can those even be found anymore?