Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Habit Rouge Dress Code 2015 batch....huh?

Looking through my wardrobe to try and decide what to keep and what to sell, I took a look at the current prices for my "first batch" 2015 first release of Habit Rouge Dress Code...it's selling for 4 times the amount I bought it for. What's the deal with that? I see it still being available in Sak's Fifth Ave. What made the first batch so special?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Guerlain Habit Rouge Dress Code 2015 batch....huh?

I don't think there's anything special about the initial release (I have it also) I just think some vendors think it's a rarity and jack up their price. Also, perhaps elsewhere it's not that readily available.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntagonist View Post
    Looking through my wardrobe to try and decide what to keep and what to sell, I took a look at the current prices for my "first batch" 2015 first release of Habit Rouge Dress Code...it's selling for 4 times the amount I bought it for. What's the deal with that? I see it still being available in Sak's Fifth Ave. What made the first batch so special?
    Available at Saks? I’m skeptical. Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeaveli2682 View Post
    Available at Saks? I’m skeptical. Got a link?
    https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/prod...088097194.html

Just tried adding to cart. No go it seems. My mistake. But my original question stands, what makes the original 2015 so desirable?

Basenotes Plus

From what I could find, Guerlain just used different bottles for each year but the juice was the same throughout the whole multi year run. $825 for a first year, sealed bottle on eBay right now. Give me a break. Move that decimal point to the left one position and that's about where it should be. DC is a fine fragrance, but it's not a great fragrance.

Basenotes Plus

They were all the same juice. I've owned the 2015, 16 and 17 and didn't detect any differences. As AlphaFrank75 said, it's the bottles that change and nothing more.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    They were all the same juice. I've owned the 2015, 16 and 17 and didn't detect any differences.
    That's what I thought.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

There was a longish hiatus after the first batch, which was a limited edition - and a lot of speculation over whether it would be reintroduced for good - but I haven't read anything to suggest a reformulation.