Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: What are your thoughts on L'Envol???

Quote Originally Posted by Foamywax View Post
    I'm hoping to buy both pasha and Santos soon even if I don't try them first. I'm beginning to like l'envol even more now and it's nice to wear something that is more art than product every once in a while.
    Have you tried Roadster? It's one that seems a bit challenging to many people, so you might find it interesting.

I expected to like Santos more, maybe it just hasn't grown on me yet. If you haven't, may want to do a search or three and read the thread on the more recent versions of Santos. I haven't tried them all, but reliable noses say there are some versions better than others, and I think they are all new enough it's not like a vintage search, might find them easily online. Or not, I don't know the options where you live... but still maybe worth taking a bit of time before ordering....
    Currently wearing: Worth pour Homme by Worth

I love it. Bought it as a replacement for my Dolce & Gabbana The One EdT as I think they have a similar 'feel' in terms of warmth and seasonality. It's one of the more unique designer scents released lately, and I love the honey note.

can't tell which bottle is nicer..the one with the capsule or the heavier all glass bottle.
    I think the one with the thin glass walls is refillable. I've got the solid glass bottle and it's very high quality. I definitely prefer the latter.

Liking this one both as EDP and as EDT, would likely go with the EDP among all versions/concentrations if only having to choose one single option from this lines-as the EDP so far provided me with better performance of an increased complexity.
    Anyway, would rate this as one of the better sweet scents by Cartier- a house already known for sweet (er) highlights among their scents for either gender, just that l'Envol tones down the sweetness into an impressive contemporary, tastefully fashionable and versatile stylishness.

I need to spend more time with this one. I blind bought the EDP about a year ago but have only worn it a few times. I like it, but I haven't gotten to know it well enough. I don't regret the purchase because it's unique and some of the notes really appeal to me, but it hasn't really made me fall for it yet.

I like the original a lot, but it’s not for me(I’m not a big fan of sweet fragrances).
    As for the edp, it’s not bad at all but I would get Pasha Parfum instead. People are really sleeping on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Just like Radiohead.
    Those are fightin' words, Chuck!

I think L'Envol EDP is spectacular.

Blog Entries

Smells like dirty dish water to me.
    All Time Top 10: Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Absolute, Corduroy, Seduction in Black, Itasca, Arpege pH, Burberry London, Spark Seduction, Paul Smith Man, Eau des Baux
    Currently wearing: Cool Water by Davidoff

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Smells like dirty dish water to me.
    Clean dishwater smells like your average Invictus clone.
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by jdp191 View Post
    I never got on with this one. Something about was off-putting to me. I gave it multiple wears to see if it would grow on me, but with each wearing I liked it less.
    Yes, exactly my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by woodnotes55 View Post
    Have you tried Roadster? It's one that seems a bit challenging to many people, so you might find it interesting.

I expected to like Santos more, maybe it just hasn't grown on me yet. If you haven't, may want to do a search or three and read the thread on the more recent versions of Santos. I haven't tried them all, but reliable noses say there are some versions better than others, and I think they are all new enough it's not like a vintage search, might find them easily online. Or not, I don't know the options where you live... but still maybe worth taking a bit of time before ordering....
    Hi no I haven't tried roadster and it's been discontinued.
    I DID try Pasha yesterday and I loved it. I'm talking about the edt not the edp which is very different from what I've heard. I really like L'envol now and will be buying it in the future.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Would still love to try the elusive Parfum version of this scent. Just haven't found it yet.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hi no I haven't tried roadster and it's been discontinued.
    I DID try Pasha yesterday and I loved it. I'm talking about the edt not the edp which is very different from what I've heard. I really like L'envol now and will be buying it in the future.
    I had no idea Roadster was discontinued, I try to avoid recommending anything hard to find. if it is that probably makes it hard to find smaples to try it. I took a look at fragnet and they have a 3.4 for under $40, so still available in this locale.

Enjoy the L'Envol, it's one the more you wear it the more positives there are!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Would still love to try the elusive Parfum version of this scent. Just haven't found it yet.
    I might be remembering it incorrectly, but I thought that was the one where we all exposed the photo as fake?
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    I might be remembering it incorrectly, but I thought that was the one where we all exposed the photo as fake?
    Someone here reported, can't remember who, that it was only available in person at Harrods and not online. Don't know the veracity of that though.

https://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Cartier/l-envol-parfum

https://www.perfumemaster.com/cartie...m-mens-cologne

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Man, Roadster was an odd one, too. Gotta hand it to Cartier doing their own thing. Just not my bag.
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Someone here reported, can't remember who, that it was only available in person at Harrods and not online. Don't know the veracity of that though.

https://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Cartier/l-envol-parfum

https://www.perfumemaster.com/cartie...m-mens-cologne

Might be time for a trip, hednic!
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Might be time for a trip, hednic!
    Hopefully when the situation improves for European travel.

That's interesting ...
    So there is a edt an edp and a parfum??
    Hmmm.. that two tone bottle was available as a limited edition edp. Is the parfum available on the cartier website? That way we would know if it's real or not.

Quote Originally Posted by woodnotes55 View Post
    I had no idea Roadster was discontinued, I try to avoid recommending anything hard to find. if it is that probably makes it hard to find smaples to try it. I took a look at fragnet and they have a 3.4 for under $40, so still available in this locale.

Enjoy the L'Envol, it's one the more you wear it the more positives there are!!!
    Yes it's no longer being made. I loved that bottle but I just never got around trying it. I'll have to hunt down a bottle.

That's interesting ...
    So there is a edt an edp and a parfum??
    Hmmm.. that two tone bottle was available as a limited edition edp. Is the parfum available on the cartier website? That way we would know if it's real or not.
    Cartier responded to the Basenoter that emailed them directly that it was a Harrods exclusive in-store limited edition.
    Last edited by hednic; 17th April 2021 at 02:28 AM.

Own the EDP and love it as I do all Cartier fragrances

Man, Roadster was an odd one, too. Gotta hand it to Cartier doing their own thing. Just not my bag.

Yeah, that's why I suggested it as the OP seemed to like the oddness of L'Envol also....

Roadster is a weird one. I typically don't like something odd just for the sake of odd. And I would fully agree with anyone that says Roadster Sport is much more wearable. But there is just something about Roadster, every time I wear it, it keeps my interest up in it. Kind of like you are trying to figure it out, like what is that one note.... Don't wear it every day, but do enjoy it when I do. But not something would recommend as a safe/mainstream/blind buy for all..... Also respect that not only do they do their own thing now and then, but they don't charge crazy prices when they do it.....

Now if we can just get someone to report on L'envol Parfum!!!

Banned

I didn’t like it smelled like honey

If it exists I don't see why someone can't buy it from Harrods..unless you have to be there in person.
    I can imagine Cartier fragrances are good sellers at Harrods. I haven't visited the department store since the 90's but it was quite impressive. Selfridges was another great store.

I had declaration in my early twenties and Cartier fragrances in general seemed quite dry and formal to me at that age. Now that I'm older I'm liking them alot more.
    You will never get a super sweet trendy fragrance from Cartier or Hermes I suppose.

I'm not knocked out by this fragrance but it's so different and strange it's starting to grow on me..
    Do you guys like it?
    It is unique, especially for a mainstream pillar designer masculine scents. I tried the EdP and to be honest while honey and iris sound pleasant, the accord just rubbed me the wrong way. I was not crazy about it, but hey, Cartier is generally solid. I enjoy quite a few of their fragrances. This one just does not work for me. Nice bottle though.

After a long time in this hobby, scents that don't immediately appeal to me don't have a place in my wardrobe. Just like Radiohead.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete7505 View Post
    I dunno, I really liked Viva La Vida.
    That's fair. Although I personally really liked Whats the Story Morning Glory.

Classy as always with Cartier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    I think the one with the thin glass walls is refillable. I've got the solid glass bottle and it's very high quality. I definitely prefer the latter.
    I have the refillable one. It's beautiful, but feels a bit too delicate.

Yes I agree the refillable bottle is beautiful but seems too delicate. They actually had that as a tester when I first tried it. I couldn't get it to work at first haha..