Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Has anyone smelled the 3 new MFK fragrances?

I heard they are a take on 3 current fragrances in the line. I am most curious about the new Aqua Universalis as its one of my favorites from MFK
    Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim
    Roja Dove Creation-E

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Has anyone smelled the 3 new MFK fragrances?

Hadn't heard about these 'New" ones but am interested nonetheless.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    I heard they are a take on 3 current fragrances in the line. I am most curious about the new Aqua Universalis as its one of my favorites from MFK
    I had heard from my contact at Bloomingdales that there were 3 new ones coming. No details though yet.

Basenotes Institution

Will make sure to sample. Thanks for the info.

Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim
    Roja Dove Creation-E

for those that cant read that little picture, they are (from left to right) Aqua Vitae Cologne Forte, Aqua Universalis Cologne Forte, and Aqua Celestia Cologne Forte

Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    for those that cant read that little picture, they are (from left to right) Aqua Vitae Cologne Forte, Aqua Universalis Cologne Forte, and Aqua Celestia Cologne Forte
    So they've added the word 'cologne' to three existing 'forte' fragrances. Interesting. I wonder what this translates to. Could they be battling Roja Dove or Atelier Cologne for a 'Cologne Parfum'?

I was excited when I first saw the thread, but now that they're just flankers I'm not as excited. Will still try them though, but would have preferred some new fragrances altogether.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    So they've added the word 'cologne' to three existing 'forte' fragrances. Interesting. I wonder what this translates to. Could they be battling Roja Dove or Atelier Cologne for a 'Cologne Parfum'?
    I think they're battling the TF "Resort" collection. Summer flankers for people on vacation I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I'm not sure they're battling as much as these perfumes are probably what the Chinese mass market wants. I know Creed is releasing all these light scents for that market as well.

Basenotes Plus

Saw these yesterday on social media as well as the new Malle info that Eugen did a video on.
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite/Richwood
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre/Tabac Rose/Russian Tea/Oud & Ambre/Oud & Pink
    7.Opus VI/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic/Alseif
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI/Malesia/Absolue Pour le Soir/Ganymede
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Dhajala
    10.Cuir Intense

So adding Cologne to Forte? I just don't understand it. Besides, are flankers of the Aqua line really needed? Anyway, will maybe order a sample but I'm not really excited.

Quote Originally Posted by RawMia View Post
    Saw these yesterday on social media as well as the new Malle info that Eugen did a video on.
    Yeah, not to detract from this thread but that new Malle sounds intriguing.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Yeah, not to detract from this thread but that new Malle sounds intriguing.
    Looking back on the past five years of Malle releases you have the ouds, Superstitious (excellent imo), Monsieur, Music for a While and a couple of boring ones along with Rose & Cuir. I think the name is interesting for Malle it seems like more something they would release in their home fragrance line, so hopefully the scent is as well. I wish we'd get a cool bottle with this one, but oh well.

dissapointing that they are all flankers of scents that already have a light and concentrated version.
    Currently wearing: Chrome Aqua by Azzaro

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    dissapointing that they are all flankers of scents that already have a light and concentrated version.
    From what I understand every French perfume house is having trouble getting their scents to America, and along with that I'd assume all other big export states. I suppose you wouldn't want to release something big in the works just to not have it reach your biggest audience's noses until the hype died down. Easier to just have flankers come out of best sellers.

Clicked on the thread to make a joke that it’s probably going to be more white musk fragrances.
    Cant say I’m surprised to see that they are.

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RawMia View Post
    Eugen is on fire lately with his epic live streams. He is a big fan of Malle.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
    Currently wearing: Dune by Christian Dior

What....is MFK copying Creed now?
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

PASS!
    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be excited to try these.

I finally got around to sampling Aqua Celestia Forte, and it's very good. If I didn't already own Aqua Celestia, I'd be tempted to buy it instead. They're very similar, but the Forte is stronger yet more minimal. It has less mimosa and more oomph. It's almost like MFK took the opening of Creed's Royal Water and married it to the base of Aqua Celestia. It's no copy of Royal Water though - I don't mean to imply that. IT's just that it opens like a traditional eau de cologne style but morphs into florals, black currant and musk. Like I said, it's very good, but you've got to really like sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    I'm not sure they're battling as much as these perfumes are probably what the Chinese mass market wants. I know Creed is releasing all these light scents for that market as well.
    This was my guess as well.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Boy Chanel
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    Rose 31
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Green Irish Tweed
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Amouage Silver Man
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    "Live in the moment. Never count on longevity." --Yeasayer

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    What....is MFK copying Creed now?
    Or Tom Ford
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I worry MFK will go down the same route as Creed and Kilian (Love) by adding unnecessary flankers and watering down their compositions. Oh well...

Basenotes Plus

Based on the reactions here they’re certainly not targeting their early adopters.
    All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.
    Currently wearing: Antonia by Puredistance

Another interesting point is that MFK somehow lowered the prices of some of their fragrances by 10€. So Masculin Pluriel for example is 130€ instead of 140€ (for the regular 2.4oz bottle). Don't know why, since you don't often see reductions.

I tried the gold and blue bottles today. They're not bad. I think I liked the blue bottle more, but I still like Amyris Homme more.
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I'll have to check Nieman Marcus to see if they have them in store.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
    Another interesting point is that MFK somehow lowered the prices of some of their fragrances by 10€. So Masculin Pluriel for example is 130€ instead of 140€ (for the regular 2.4oz bottle). Don't know why, since you don't often see reductions.
    sales must be lacking.
    Currently wearing: Chrome Aqua by Azzaro

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Or Tom Ford
    They are all following Joe Malone, they were the first to have major success in the Asian markets with the lighter airier scents (light florals, tea based, non offensive low projection & sillage etc).

When other companies saw the numbers they couldn’t believe it & immediately started creating for that market.

Dior revamped their whole line just to tap into that market & everyone has been following suit.

The only thing that doesn’t make sense to me is why not only push it over there, why take away what we love here (Dior) just to give us what they love in Asia?!
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite/Richwood
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre/Tabac Rose/Russian Tea/Oud & Ambre/Oud & Pink
    7.Opus VI/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic/Alseif
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI/Malesia/Absolue Pour le Soir/Ganymede
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Dhajala
    10.Cuir Intense

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    I was excited when I first saw the thread, but now that they're just flankers I'm not as excited. Will still try them though, but would have preferred some new fragrances altogether.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Y by Yves Saint Laurent